How close to wear indicators before changing tires?

Gregwoon

There is a small triangle sign on the tyre sidewall. Once hit the triangle, must change. But, change may also be required due to other factors like age of tyres.....................

Hit triangle means already way past the thread safety bar alreadi rite? :o

↡ Advertisement

The triangle indicate the position of the wear tab on the tire tread. If the wear tab is flush with the thread, then it may be time to change. But if driving only during dry road, then still can use until botak.

Drift car ar ? Camber what angle until cannot see the tread lol

no la.. hahaha.. normal car.. i set at e beginning 1.5... maybe i hit a pot hole or something.. 1 side become 2..

no wonder i can turn much faster in 1 of e side that time!! hahahaa......

oh ya.. because of this camble setting.. i failed my 1st car inspection!!! hahaha.. now set all back to stock.. [laugh]

If u keep a safe distance in the wet u can use it til 1.5mm ( legal limit)

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/mings...tyre_safety.jpg

your graphic shows that a 1.8mm car would stop about 40m after a 3.0mm car stops... not sure people who're unwilling to change tyres will know to increase their safety distance...

...and emergencies can happen even if you're a safe driver... there's always "the other guy"...

I think both sets of my tires are 3 years old, but still very good leah...How leh. My current set, I wished to use it for another season change at least. The other set, I intend not to use & buy new upsize 18" shoes with new rim in late March or April.

Edited by Kiadaw

I think both sets of my tires are 3 years old, but still very good leah...How leh. My current set, I wished to use it for another season change at least. The other set, I intend not to use & buy new upsize 18" shoes with new rim in late March or April.

Tyres as cheap as cars in germany compared to singapore? If do then just change. Tink of the $$ u saved when u got the car. Safety is paramount

2 hours ago, Rondhol said:

If you get a good premium tires, Michelin, Continental, Goodyear, Bridgestone, you are ok to imuse the tires until 1.6 mm thread left. The performance drop from new is less than 15% in wet and 5% better in dry. Worn tires has better grip in dry and less noise.  Scientifically prooved in Michelin YouTube video and also this website https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/New-VS-4mm-VS-2mm-All-Season-Tyre-Performance.htm

You order and use slick tires lo, no grooves.

On 10/6/2020 at 6:22 AM, Rondhol said:

Worn tires has better grip in dry and less noise.  Scientifically prooved in Michelin YouTube video and also this 

yes like some bro say, u drive with slick tyre on the road even more grip

i assume u got  skills like takumi, can drift all u want during raining days🤣

Neutral Newbie

That's a very good question . 

Tread wear indicator bars are moulded into the tread grooves at regular intervals around the tyre to indicate when a tyre is worn to its limit of safety. The minimum legal tread depth is 1.5 mm across the width of the tread. When the tyre is worn to the legal limit the bars will be flush with the surface of the tread.

On 10/6/2020 at 6:25 AM, Rondhol said:

Don't cheap on tires and using unknown brand made in China that will explode or never stay long enough before lost all grip in wet. Many new Chinese tires are worse on wet condition than worn 2mm thread welknown tires like Michelin or Goodyear

Recently spotted unknow brand Tourador.

Not sure if its a cheap brand or spinoff from another tyre company

just share my Thought ,you get what you pay. ,nothing is Equal , 

like when i decide a Car, i knew and understand car like Mercedes Benz , Audi etc had more Safety features than my Korean Car , i understand I get what a PAy.

so pay extra cautions when on the road .

comparing the Cost of 2cars is 2 to 2.5 fold which is out of my Affordability.

If i can afford i will go for it why NOT?

as for tires are relatively more affordable than a car so i always go for better or near best , i believe this investment is give me more confident .

if for the similar amount of money i personally do not mind go for ageing(more than 2 years Branded product than fresh not branded product..

just my personal thought.

• Praise 2

For most decent people, people's lives are more important than just money.  YOu can get decent GITI (Singapore brand) tires for about 15% more than unknown Chinese Tires. They are well-made, not top level but will not kill your family from crumbles treads, blown out from internal structures failures from Communist country. 

Wow why bring in ideology here?

Communism isnt great but it has benefits too. Capitalism isnt always great. And the China we know now is much better than Kenya and Zimbabwe economically despite it being Communist.

Chinese products have been improving, because consumers are more demanding and have decreasing tolerance for crap.

If China makes crap then all the MIC tyres of established brands like Pirelli would have turned into rubber dust upon 1 single revolution.

And GITI is most likely made somewhere else, probably China. I might as well buy budget Kumho tyres.

That is from North Korea or China. 

North Korean tyres are too expensive. 😂 There is insufficient rubber in NK even for local consumption.

On 10/8/2020 at 12:53 PM, Rondhol said:

Back for tires. It is different story, historically don't change much. Premium are still Bridgestone, Continental, Michelin, pirelli, sumitimo, and Goodyear. Midrange from their subsidiary  Dunlop, Fulda, Firestone, Kleber, Falken,  And other midgrades like Yokohama, Kumho, Giti, Nexen,Copper,BfGoodrich, etc.  The only new brands that is becoming premium class is Korean Hankook and Vredestein. 

Any other brands not from these western countries, Korean  Singapore, or Japanese are still considered to be scrap rubber.  Linglong  Goodride, Westlake, Nangkang,etc, don't use them for cars, may be just for landfill or playgrounds chips and swings. You never know when the tread crumbles, or sidewall collaps. 

Gets Singapore brand GITI instead, not too expensive and decent midgrade performance. 

Singapore is not known for its car industry. Truth to be told, SG tyres will be more worrisome than Chinese tyres as we really lack experience and will be f...... expensive due to cost.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Rondhol said:

Well, Singapore is better than china although most of us here in Singapore are Han Chinese descendent. Just like Taiwan, we have much better living quality and freedom. It is not about age. Singapore develop much better quality tires than china tires maker who only think about profit above quality and innovation. Just like our NUS and NTU are top 10 for relatively young age. We produced  much higher  quality scientific paper per students than most china university.  Korea are young in electronics but their genuinity make Samsung and LG the largest Memory RAM suppliers. 

Actually China had been improving a lot in recent years.. So does their product quality. Yes if talk about say 10 yrs ago, China products are mostly not built to last, bad quality and etc.. But nowadays.. Their product is actually pretty good. So now they have one thing that they need to break.. Which is people mindset towards China product.. China need to show the world that their product had improved a lot as compared to say 10 yrs ago. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Actually China had been improving a lot in recent years.. So does their product quality. Yes if talk about say 10 yrs ago, China products are mostly not built to last, bad quality and etc.. But nowadays.. Their product is actually pretty good. So now they have one thing that they need to break.. Which is people mindset towards China product.. China need to show the world that their product had improved a lot as compared to say 10 yrs ago. 

I think Trumpism and Joshua Wongism has spread to SGCM. God (or any spiritual figures) save us all.

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Brass said:

I think Trumpism and Joshua Wongism has spread to SGCM. God (or any spiritual figures) save us all.

Tyres  also can politicise 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2