ST Forum: Helpless Against Property Brokers :(

Vulcann

She is not the only one as many of us are also constantly bombarded by these calls, day and night.

Some are not deterred by or ignorant of the foreign ring tone when they dial the number [furious]

My response to all the cold-calls is very simple: NOT INTERESTED and then I just hang it up.

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/...ory_762460.html

Helpless against property brokers

Published on Feb 3, 2012

THERE has been no let-up in property agents representing agencies like ECG, ERA and HSR haranguing me on whether my property is for sale.

I have been plagued by calls because they got hold of my phone number.

They also know where I live.

Once my child answered the phone and they asked for my name... and now they know that as well.

Each time I have asked them to remove me from their list, or to speak to a supervisor, or for an e-mail to unsubscribe, all to no avail.

These agents have stock answers ready such as: sorry, the managers are all out or have gone home; sorry, they do not know the e-mail addresses; sorry they do not have a number in the office I could call.

While I can unsubscribe from receiving SMS messages, I cannot get them to stop calling me.

Li Zhenyi (Ms)

↡ Advertisement

Very simple...just arrange a time with thm during your office lunch time.

Make them pay for your lunch while you listen to their sales pitch.

In win.

SMSessss Phone calls at home and at my Cell...

I regretted greatly to leave my name and contact numbers at Property launches...

Next time leave this number at property launches: 643 2555

Next time leave this number at property launches: 643 2555

Sidetrack abit.

There was a case of a fella who was hounded by Ah Longs to no end until he gave the number of a police post or station to them in desperation.

And the Longs expectedly called that number & F [furious] upside down anyone who answered.

Ended up the debtor and the Ah Long all kena...

Wah waht kind of property is that? Day n night also got calls.. D9 selling $800psf? What's so difficult saying not interested n hang up? Everything also must depend government to act

SMSessss Phone calls at home and at my Cell...

I regretted greatly to leave my name and contact numbers at Property launches...

your mobile phone contact details were compromised durign condo launches. but your home contact number is revealed because they pay yellow pages for the data in the singapore phone directory. and i find the calls to my home phone more disturbing as I did not have caller id for my home line.

we should be asking yellow pages (and even IRAS) what right they have to sell our data.

Edited by Acemundo

your mobile phone contact details were compromised durign condo launches. but your home contact number is revealed because they pay yellow pages for the data in the singapore phone directory. and i find the calls to my home phone more disturbing as I did not have caller id for my home line.

we should be asking yellow pages (and even IRAS) what right they have to sell our data.

I got it worse, a dumb ass (used to be a friend) furnished my contacts to such sources (Property, Credit Cards, Spas, Gyms, you name it I have it) and I tell you, I do salute the spirit of these cold callers

Put char boh agent number on male toilet wall

put male agent number on gay bar toilet wall

confirm their phone is ring non stop

↡ Advertisement