Question about Changing to Flip Key

Senocs

Neutral Newbie

Just a quick check-in with your guys.

I went to one of the shops listed on this thread today.

The guy quoted me $80 to change my key to a flip key type.

He said no need to cut new key, he can transfer the old key over.

IS This possible ?

Also, he said I needed to bring all my car keys (total I have 2 keys) and re-program all the keys at the same time.

Does this make any sense ?

↡ Advertisement

I got mine converted to Flip key for $90 so yours is cheaper. They will need your existing key to cut the shape and they can replicate your alarm with or without your existing alarm key.....just a normal car key will do.

Twincharged

Some shops do have the plastic cover and buttons that will fit over the internal components of your remote so just transfer the board over and duplicate the key can already. Got mine for $20 and paid $8 to duplicate the key.

go sin ming find velocikey.. good service n worksmanship.. will test everything ok before handing over to u.. thumbs up for good service!!

Neutral Newbie

done it for $45.

Do a search on the forum and u will find thread on this flip key.

$45 including additional chip because of the car immobilizer ?

At first he quoted me $50, but after seeing my car key, he said needed additional $30 because my car had immobilizer and needed to put in additional chip so that it could work.

Neutral Newbie

Better to duplicate a spare key for the flipcase use. Keep the original two keys, for future selling of car.

excellent point. how to up your points ?

Just a quick check-in with your guys.

I went to one of the shops listed on this thread today.

The guy quoted me $80 to change my key to a flip key type.

He said no need to cut new key, he can transfer the old key over.

IS This possible ?

Also, he said I needed to bring all my car keys (total I have 2 keys) and re-program all the keys at the same time.

Does this make any sense ?

What's your car model?

Civic fd

there is a lot of websites that sell the flip key at far lower cheaper than what you get in Singapore shop.

I have already converted several lancer car key into flip key.

Picture009.jpg

Edited by Tianake

Neutral Newbie

it's impossible to transfer your key over to the flipkey as if you open up your key shell, you will realise the key is fix on the plastic key shell. So you still need to recut the key.

THANKS BRO.

But is the price he quoted me ($80) reasonable for Civic FD ?

There was a bro few replies up who said he did it for $45 ???

Neutral Newbie

there is a lot of websites that sell the flip key at far lower cheaper than what you get in Singapore shop.

I have already converted several lancer car key into flip key.

I know that bro, saw it on eBAY ...

but the hassle is to either DIY after you receive it in the mail, or to find someone to cut the key for you ...

Or, ANY SHOPS IN JB to recommend ???

I know that bro, saw it on eBAY ...

but the hassle is to either DIY after you receive it in the mail, or to find someone to cut the key for you ...

Or, ANY SHOPS IN JB to recommend ???

The only 2 risk you need to take is that you must order the correct flip key online (SGD 10) and also pray that the locksmith who cut the key don't screw up (SGD 5).

other than the 2 risks above, actually it is not so difficul to DIY.

if you are staying in the east, there is a shop at bedok centre that sell flip key. Not sure if they have stock for Honda flip key so you may want to go and ask for the pricing. .

Neutral Newbie

The only 2 risk you need to take is that you must order the correct flip key online (SGD 10) and also pray that the locksmith who cut the key don't screw up (SGD 5).

other than the 2 risks above, actually it is not so difficul to DIY.

if you are staying in the east, there is a shop at bedok centre that sell flip key. Not sure if they have stock for Honda flip key so you may want to go and ask for the pricing. .

but who will program the immobilizer and the key ?? normal locksmith can't do wor

↡ Advertisement