Acceleration not smooth

Ahhoe

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I got a 3 year old NFL wish. Used for 6 months. Recently i notice when i accelerate from start, the gear change like "want to cross over but cannot cross" like tat.

Like from 1st gear to 2nd gear, normally we can feel it change over smoothly, but mine feel there's a slight blockage. The gear to gear change is laggy and at times the engine will rive higher. Is it problem with gear box oil need to change liao? Or something gona spoilt soon?

Pls enlighten Smile

**just to add that my car is stock. nothing changed.

↡ Advertisement

yeah i drove a Honda City over the last few days and it has this problem, then informed the workshop that co owns the car company that rented me this car.. they changed the ATF and it was much better cos i saw the ATF overdue by 500km... you may try changing it first

yeah i drove a Honda City over the last few days and it has this problem, then informed the workshop that co owns the car company that rented me this car.. they changed the ATF and it was much better cos i saw the ATF overdue by 500km... you may try changing it first

Hi all, I got a 3 year old NFL wish. Used for 6 months. Recently i notice when i accelerate from start, the gear change like "want to cross over but cannot cross" like tat.

Like from 1st gear to 2nd gear, normally we can feel it change over smoothly, but mine feel there's a slight blockage. The gear to gear change is laggy and at times the engine will rive higher. Is it problem with gear box oil need to change liao? Or something gona spoilt soon?

Pls enlighten Smile

**just to add that my car is stock. nothing changed.

Toyota got 3 type of ATF.make sure u got the rite one..last time a WS put another type of Toyota ATF which is not suitable for my car into my car n I feel the not smooth thru out 10k..now already change back to the rite one,car is very smooth liao..

Auto Transmission Fluid........for the car gear box

Should change about every 30k.

The engine will be more responsive after the replacement.

sry bros... wat's ATF?

Edited by Hiphiphoray

ATF means Automatic Transmission Fluid for auto gear box. (Around S$ 40 for 4 litres & MUST use back the Original Toyota AFT fluid for best performance)

Ooo thanks for the info!

I too having the same problem as the thread poster. Sometimes my altis gotta rev until 3 before it can gear up, and it rev and hold for quite awhile...

every 30k will change... hmm... I sent my car to toyota standard servicing, not sure if they did change my ATF... or they only changed it upon request or only in major servicing?

Auto Transmission Fluid........for the car gear box

Should change about every 30k.

The engine will be more responsive after the replacement.

not gear responsive ah? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement