Honda Odyssey Absolute

Spartan

So for the Honda Odyssey Absolute (facelift model with different tail lamp) - how do I play DVD on the roof DVD player? Is it the disc is inserted in the roof DVD player direct and the audio is switch by switching to AUX in the factory audio?

What I can remember from using my friend's ODC.

Slot direct in from the roof DVD player (take note is aftermarket, only the CD player is from factory) .

↡ Advertisement

have you done that before or guessing???

I travel NSE to K.L/Lumut very often. And tried it a number of time . Well, many review on car performance can be shown in ODC MY forum and some in SHC , can just pop in and read it.

Edited by Wishxsr

What is the normal odyssey compared to this absolute variant?

More power?

For the Odyssey Absolute(JDM), it comes in the form of a higher-powered version of the base engine - a 200ps K24A that revs to 7000+rpm in place of the standard 160ps K24A revving to 6300rpm.

The speedo of course stops at just over 180kph as Absolutes are JDM-spec vehicles parallel imported from Japan. Other than that, the Absolute really does not project a much different look compared to the standard version.

Specs for JDM ABSOLUTE:

Engine K24A 2.4l DOHC i-VTEC

Displacement 2354 c.c.

Bore X Stroke 87.0mm X 99.0mm

CR 10.5

Max Power 147kW/200ps at 6,800rpm

Max Torque 232Nm/23.7kgm (193 Nm) at 4,500rpm

RedLine 7,100rpm

Steering System EPS

Transmission 5-speed Automatic with Sequential Shifter

Gear Ratios 2.651, 1.516, 1,081, 0.772, 0.566, R=2.000

Final Drive 4.437

Kerb Weight 1,700 kg

Dimentions (LXWXH) 4,770 X 1,800 X 1,550 (mm)

Wheel Base 2,830 mm

Wheel Size 225/45R18 91W

Brakes (F) Ventilated disc ® Solid Disc

i guess its a slope that helps or yours is not that stock.... ^_^

My in stock condition, well i just share some experience here.Anyway i dont find it is fast for a 2.4l or to challenge anyone here. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Quoted 68k for an dec'07 odyssey absolute, but high mileage of 160k. Gearbox need repair by 200k. Otherwise condition v good. Worth? Take into consideration that the repair will cost 3-4k.

digging up an old thread...

does the 2008 and 2009 version use the same engine ?

I knew there r some cosmetic difference...the rear lights are different...and the 2009 version has the HU unit isn't from alpine (I am refering to the one sold by Kah Motor).. Looking at getting an oddy based on 80k or slightly more budget.... those from 2007 are in the 70 to 80k...while those from 2008 are in the mid 80ks.

those from 2009 are > 100k.... what are the big difference between Absolute (2008) and EKV (2009) beside the rear light and the HU unit ?

Most Japanese cars used their engines for about 10 years, only change a bit of 'software',like ECU programming ,My 2003 2L engine has the same engine & gearbox[4 speeds] the the current model.