How to get rid of ants in the house

Ace

On 3/16/2020 at 5:41 PM, Nostalgia said:

They're very eager to help now

I wished she had not done this video, it will save her reputation more if she don't do such wayang stuff. Put thick makeup with beehive hair and doing cleaner's job? Buay tahan.

↡ Advertisement

On 3/16/2020 at 5:54 PM, Ct3833 said:

bro @jysel should ask her to go catch ants in his house. 

She looks like she has ant colony in her hair.

• Praise 1

On 3/16/2020 at 9:44 PM, Icedbs said:

For those who has ants problem,  let me give you the solution.

1) Get the  Terro-PCO bottle from NTUC.  Put  two drops on a small piece of paper and place it where the trail is.  You don't have to find where the nest and all, just find their trail and place it there.  Also, please do not clean off their trail. Their trail has a chemical that allows the ant to find their way back to their nest. If you clean off that trail, you will need to find another trail

2) The ants should be attracted to the Terro-PCO drops, Very soon, their friends will join in and form a circle around the droplets.  Leave them alone . It will look gross, but that's the point.

3) About 1-2 hours later, there should be no more ants around the droplets. They are all back to their nest with the poison. The colony will  be killed.

4) Occasionally u may still see 1-2 ants around......they will walk past the Terro-PCO drops and not interested at all. The reason why they are not keen is because they have been poisoned and looking for water.  They will not survived for long.

if you do the simple steps above, you should be ant free for at least 1-2 months or even longer.  

Now, what if for some reason, the ants are not keen in Terro-PCO even right from the start?

Then get the COMBAT ant gel (sold in syringe) and use this one. Some ants like protein/grease based food and the COMBAT gel is one of them.  This one will get the ants if they are not keen in Terro-PCO right from the beginning. But Terro-PCO (sweetener with borax) should get most ants. Normally I put both and seems like the normal household  ants are keen on either with more of them towards Terro.

Hope the above helps.

I gave up on baits. Ants are very smart nowadays, like eat DHA or something, they know what to do without poisoning themselves. I tried combat, Terro, golden hammer etc, all failed. Now I rely on Bio X, no horse run.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jysel said:

I gave up on baits. Ants are very smart nowadays, like eat DHA or something, they know what to do without poisoning themselves. I tried combat, Terro, golden hammer etc, all failed. Now I rely on Bio X, no horse run.

That's a spray similar to insecticide?

How does it work differently in eliminating ants?

On 3/20/2020 at 4:47 PM, Windwaver said:

That's a spray similar to insecticide?

How does it work differently in eliminating ants?

Yes, it works similarly to pesticides except that it is eco friendly and can be used around kids and pregnant women. I don't know if I am imagining, but I felt Bio X is more effective than normal pesticides to kill and prevent future ants. I sprayed it once a week to window sills where the ants crawled in and I am ant-free for more than a year now. However I didn't spray on other window sills which have no history of ants so they now start to enter via these sills. I will spray on them from now on.

Supersonic

Bought this at Giant Tampines (plants section).

If you find an ant's trail, just dust some powder over it. The ants will crawl over it, get poisoned, and all be gone in a few minutes. I bought this bcuz they were going into my plants pots.

It's very effective and economical.

BAol4wo.jpg

Edited by Kb27

Hypersonic

Anyone still using Terro liquid ant killer? Is it suppose to be clear or brown in colour when new?

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Anyone still using Terro liquid ant killer? Is it suppose to be clear or brown in colour when new?

Clear drops. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1