How to get rid of ants in the house

Ace

wow.... ants are harder to deal with than greedy mouths/stomachs [:(] ..... can track their paths and find out where their 'kingdom' is? at least find out the entrance and spray as much insecticide as possible?... or borrow an ant-eater from the zoo? :D

Most of the time, their kingdom is hard to reach.

Even so, they have more than one escape route.

No matter how much you spray into the hole, they would just not use it until their inspector gave the go ahead. Cycle starts all over again...

Depending on what sort of ants, you need different technics.

How I know? Because I hate ants! I had learnt to kill them.

Place too big for me to fight them out...

↡ Advertisement

Food all in the fridge...im a clean freak...no plant...no cooking allowed...my wife sometimes asked, why do u need this kitchen for...n I wld reply for show... the thing outside is plain water..dun tell me they like plain water...then I got to remove all my water pipes... [laugh]

You have not seem the ants swimming in my water container... NBCCB..... the water for me to drink, they thought I built them a swimming pool.... <_<

But then again.... most will drown inside... hmmm.. maybe they think the water container is Bedok Reservoir.... [rolleyes]

Edited by Nlatio

Neutral Newbie

Ihave tried the Pesticide chalk bought at fairprice few $ only...quite effective .what i did i scrape the chalk to powder form and spread on the ant trail..next day disappear. will last for a week...whenever the ant appear repeat the same prosedure.

use instructions on box...last but not lease...these ant will never disappear....cheers

Try the sugar gel types, they are usually more effective, not because they are more toxic but just a more attractive bait.

No use one, i asked the pest control they say is better to mix the toxic with a bit of white sugar to attract the ants, did that method and wipe up nearly 80% of all ants in my house ^_^

Those type like Combat (plastic box with the poison) dun seem to work for me.

I prefer those small china brand.. like $2 per yellow box from DIY shop.... where u pour out some crumbs along the trail.. ants will tapao home.

But it takes about 1 week to see the effect. But so far I used.. it will eventually solve the problem. Combat.. hard to entice the ants to enter the plastic box.

My works the reverse way of your initially used the yellow box type and not effective overtime and been using the plastics box type. But have to refresh every month then only works

Most of the time, their kingdom is hard to reach.

Even so, they have more than one escape route.

No matter how much you spray into the hole, they would just not use it until their inspector gave the go ahead. Cycle starts all over again...

Depending on what sort of ants, you need different technics.

How I know? Because I hate ants! I had learnt to kill them.

Place too big for me to fight them out...

have you come up with the perfect plan (or near-perfect) to fight them?..... they are 10,000 times smaller than us, we got to win :o

You have not seem the ants swimming in my water container... NBCCB..... the water for me to drink, they thought I built them a swimming pool.... <_<

But then again.... most will drown inside... hmmm.. maybe they think the water container is Bedok Reservoir.... [rolleyes]

LOL.... falling off my chair :D

have you come up with the perfect plan (or near-perfect) to fight them?..... they are 10,000 times smaller than us, we got to win :o

If a man can run as fast as an ant, he would run as fast as a racehouse.

If a man can lift as much as ant, it would be 20 times of his/her own body weight.

Small doesnt mean a thing.

If that you remember, we all came from a full stop :D ..

I used to have ants all over the place, unable to find the nest and only their trails.

So what I did was remove all the furniture (change new ones), clean up the whole place, pray that they dont come back & it works...

Kitchen + toilet reno = 10K including toilet tiles (government got susi)...

dun leave any food/glass of water on the table or drop a bit food/water on the floor..clean up after meal.. must be very clean.. the best is dun cook .. they will die of hunger

same strategy.

but not all families can don't cook at home la.

If a man can run as fast as an ant, he would run as fast as a racehouse.

If a man can lift as much as ant, it would be 20 times of his/her own body weight.

Small doesnt mean a thing.

If that you remember, we all came from a full stop :D ..

I used to have ants all over the place, unable to find the nest and only their trails.

So what I did was remove all the furniture (change new ones), clean up the whole place, pray that they dont come back & it works...

Kitchen + toilet reno = 10K including toilet tiles (government got susi)...

true, worse is red/fire ants come to visit/live with us :o

u just observe which hole/hideout they go into.. they always form a long line, trace them back to their hidout. then get a baygon or shelltox aim and blast into the hole. confirm within mins all stagger out and drop dead :P

Food all in the fridge...im a clean freak...no plant...no cooking allowed...my wife sometimes asked, why do u need this kitchen for...n I wld reply for show... the thing outside is plain water..dun tell me they like plain water...then I got to remove all my water pipes... [laugh]

erm.. actually i've seen ants in my plain water cup. i think our newater is funny. maybe they added some sugar to it otherwise why the ants are attracted to it? [laugh]

same strategy.

but not all families can don't cook at home la.

Even you dont cook also doesnt mean no ants in your house. Sometimes also dont know what things in the house attracted ants? [:/]

Neutral Newbie

Go to any hardware shop in JB and ask for Anti Ants liquid (DO NOT TOUCH WITH YOUR FINGER, it will cause serious inflamation, after apply let it dry for 2hrs). Once reach home, apply the liquid with a paint brush on all the side of the wall in your house. The liquid will last 6 to 8 mths before next re apply. Ants and lizards will stay far away from your house. Not sure why SG dun have such liquid.

Edited by Maka

Go to any hardware shop in JB and ask for Anti Ants liquid (DO NOT TOUCH WITH YOUR FINGER, it will cause serious inflamation, after apply let it dry for 2hrs). Once reach home, apply the liquid with a paint brush on all the side of the wall in your house. The liquid will last 6 to 8 mths before next re apply. Ants and lizards will stay far away from your house. Not sure why SG dun have such liquid.

This liquid should be very poisonous, that's why they dont sell here.

Neutral Newbie

This liquid should be very poisonous, that's why they dont sell here.

Bro, all anti insect liquids are poisonous :blink:

So far my house is free from all these bugs. FYI i stay next to a canal.

Edited by Maka
↡ Advertisement