Anybody in MBA course?

Relacklabrudder

can advise? i received a lot negativism on MBA. but wat's the alternative? Msc? i see Msc ppl all basically doing the same stuff they doing esp in engineering, no break thrus leh.

i not taoking about insead or chicago. but average ones say from Australia Unis. i looking at uni of adelaide.

↡ Advertisement

Let me put it this way

you study to gain an education that can perhaps help you make theoretically better dscisions in your life. If you think that getting an MBA is to get you $$$ think again. The fruits of your labor will come years down the road when you are self-actualised.

Learning is not about $$$, but the fulfilment of one's destiny on this earth

ps: to the misinformed, my acct has not been hacked [laugh] [laugh]

My 2 cents worth.

Unless is MBA from top notch schools, please don't waste your money and time. Use the time and money for trade specific courses with gain you more recognition and money

My 2 cents worth.

Unless is MBA from top notch schools, please don't waste your money and time. Use the time and money for trade specific courses with gain you more recognition and money

that is true too. At least one from the reputable ones that holds their weight

Yup, unless it's REALLY REALLY top notch (not over hyped) ones, forget about MBA.

Most are craps. Most people thought it can give them a lift in their career. But, if the qualification is half-baked types, it's very difficult to convince your current and future employers. So, better stick to those solid solid kind, those that will really make you suffer in the course when you're pursuing.

It's being too sensationized in Y2K era. It's passe now.

Yup, look for trade specific course like M App Finance, MSc or even MA or professional certifications.

Edited by Kangadrool

i am also thinking of doing one via distance learning as they do not require GMAT.

distance learning MBA??... :wacko::wacko: aiyo, save ur $$ or spend on mods better. :D

Neutral Newbie

I left SG to do my FT MBA in their No 1 MBA, with the intention to migrate. Honestly, I'm still having second thoughts because of the supposed lack of recognition MBA has in Australia.

But I'll hang on and see how it goes. Really, its about what you want. So do a cost benefit analysis before you make the plunge.

Let me put it this way

you study to gain an education that can perhaps help you make theoretically better dscisions in your life. If you think that getting an MBA is to get you $$$ think again. The fruits of your labor will come years down the road when you are self-actualised.

Learning is not about $$$, but the fulfilment of one's destiny on this earth

ps: to the misinformed, my acct has not been hacked [laugh] [laugh]

I think your acct is hacked. Because you seldom give good advice. [:p]

To learn more, widen our perspective. Even if it does not give immediate result like promotion and increase in pay, the knowledge aquired is there with you.

can advise? i received a lot negativism on MBA. but wat's the alternative? Msc? i see Msc ppl all basically doing the same stuff they doing esp in engineering, no break thrus leh.

i not taoking about insead or chicago. but average ones say from Australia Unis. i looking at uni of adelaide.

Those who say MBA no good are those who does not have one. [laugh]

Another good one is CFA lor. Its really widen your knowledge even if you have no intention to work in the financial sector.

(edited)

however , i do see in engineering line that certain companies do look for MBA holder for middle to lower management or even individual contributor positions like project manager, sales manager etc not director or very senior positions and i do not mean Google , Microsoft, goldman sachs kinda company, just say ordinary semiconductor company. i seriosuly do not think a Insead or Chicago biz school mba holder will want say work sales manager for a semicon company, cos insead or chicage biz ppl probably will aim higher la.

so to me, it MAY rep opportunity to go beyond a technical role either in my current company or in another. bcos e..g if i were to apply say for marketing positon, the guy who look at my CV wil say hey he know our product technically but he has no marketing positions. but say if i have MBA, the hiring guy will probably think ok no marketing exp but he does have some basics of marketing theoretically, so probably will grant me an interview. i know what some of u will say, y not take a marketing diploma . but theing is i do not know what opporuntiy may arise or what i really want, so MBA actually covers topic like organisational development, leadership. it gives basic of accounting, prohject management, marketing etc

Edited by Relacklabrudder

grad dip is a waste of time.

Go for MBA instead.

Engineer... lagi need MBA as 2nd stage boost. Singapore already no more factory. Pure engineering... eat grass.

Only top notch MBA will do. Not only they are more widely recognised, but the more valuable thing is the network you get from the other students, who is more likely to be the CXX title type of people.

I have friends who have gone to top notch MBAs and his classmates are the CEOs and CFOs of the fortune 500 companies. Now, that is more valuable than the course itself.

↡ Advertisement