What do you think of a person like this?

Carra

Neutral Newbie

I know of a single, highly educated person(call her A) close to forty, who holds a high administrative position in a local university, who treats her parents very shabbily. The things below were recounted to me by the mother herself:

Person A:

never helps with the household chores, expects the mum who is not working and 65 yrs old to do everything for her.

keeps her room in one big mess, but screams at her mum whenever her mum tries to tidy up her room.

expects her mum to cook for her every night, but never call in advance if not going home for dinner, then upon reaching home, just throw all the dishes away.

does not acknowledge her mum nor speak to her directly.

does not flush the toilet after use, just keeps throwing tissue paper down the toilet bowl, until it's choked, and the pump does not work. Repairmen said the problem is too much tissue choking up the toilet bowl, person A does not bother to pay for the repairs after being told of the bill, even though she is the only person using that toilet in the whole house.

does not tell her mum about her promotion and raise, does not invite parents to her graduation ceremony upon getting her phd.

does not give angbao to parents during CNY.

Once when person A just came home, the mother went to warm up the food that was cooked beforehand for her, person A upon hearing that her mum started the stove, went donwstairs to eat without telling her mum, then went straight to her own room upon returning. The next day, the mum found that the food has been thrown away.

does not bother asking about the mum who has back pain and has to see doctors regularly.

does not give allowance to parents regularly, sometimes just act blur

There are other things which I wont include here. This is not a fabrigated story, it is really happening in a household that I know of. The mum wants to end ties with person A, sell the current home and buy another flat to live by themselves and get person A to live by herself, which she can definitely afford coz she has been single almost all her life, and been working for close to 20 yrs. Person A is supposedly a christian, and all christians should know the 5th commandment in the Bible is "Honor thy father and mother...".

I will not divulge the identity of person A, just want to know whether what I think of her is in line with the moral standards nowadays.

↡ Advertisement

actually, TS this one you heard from who one?? your friend or your friend mother???

if from friend mother, ever though that there is a chance of lying??

that what happen to one of my friend, her father go around telling tales about her mother and sisters which are not true when the father is the horrible one.

The mum should disown her.

there is ALWAYS many sides to a story...

example, the mum got affair caused the dad to jump off a building... or mum was a drug addict and killed her kid bro...

watever the case i always believe that other people's family business is none of my business...

simple conclusion, she does not respect her mum, is a selfish woman and probably is not proud of the mum

family matters are never as simple as they seem...

i dont know how true the story is but a real loving mother will never wanna disown her own child... unless she's either retarded or a bad woman herself...

Neutral Newbie

I heard it from the horse's mouth, the mum herself. Let's just say that I know this family and person A well enough to know that the mum is not lying. I have seen for myself similar behavior from person A, just didn't know that it would be this bad.

actually, TS this one you heard from who one?? your friend or your friend mother???

if from friend mother, ever though that there is a chance of lying??

that what happen to one of my friend, her father go around telling tales about her mother and sisters which are not true when the father is the horrible one.

even if from horse's mouth, bound to have abit bluff here bluff there... blown up facts etc...

and knn! 33k worth of post liao you... wah lau!

I heard it from the horse's mouth, the mum herself. Let's just say that I know this family and person A well enough to know that the mum is not lying. I have seen for myself similar behavior from person A, just didn't know that it would be this bad.

no matter how true or not the facts are, this is so sad... own mother also like this... haiz... how can this woman even find true happiness...

a person how bad also i can accept... but to treat one's mother like this... she should get raped...

i so wish to bonk her and knock some sense into her...

even if from horse's mouth, bound to have abit bluff here bluff there... blown up facts etc...

and knn! 33k worth of post liao you... wah lau!

that is what i mean.

same as my friend.. her mother side thought her whole family are like that because they heard from the horse mouth which happen to be the father.

that is why the saying.

Qing Officer hard to settle family issue.

that is what i mean.

same as my friend.. her mother side thought her whole family are like that because they heard from the horse mouth which happen to be the father.

that is why the saying.

Qing Officer hard to settle family issue.

清官难断家务事?

this sounds like a story that has came out in the news before.

Does this person A also splashes her money on clothes and branded shoes?

↡ Advertisement