200 Bangladeshi workers stage sit-out over pay dispute

Jman888

really pity these workers..... what if the workers are in 500 or 1000, Will they turn into violent protest with burning and fighting?

200 Bangladeshi workers stage sit-out over pay dispute

By Chua Yini | Yahoo! Newsroom

↡ Advertisement

I dun blame the contractors. Why? Cos the contractors have to pay construction material upfront, that alone is a lot of money. On top of that are bills and workers pay. If hdb do not pay a certain % to the contractors to cover at least material cost the contractor alone has limited funds. As we all know the contract is given to the lowest bidder thus the contractor cannot afford to go take a loan and pay expensive interest.

If this is the case, I say IF, the contractor is not the bad guy here. It's the org making the most money who is the bad guy. I think a lot of ppl know how long contractors get paid by such org. I think some ex-ministar mention this before but still nothing is done to improve on it. Talk about slow.

Now I know why I'm not up to the standard to be a reporter. I can't use a different word to change the meaning so fast.

Isn't what they are doing called a strike or protest? Why call sit in? All the workers sitting down?

Somemore more than 5, why they didn't mention illegal gathering?

Edited by Bystander50

Now I know why I'm not up to the standard to be a reporter. I can't use a different word to change the meaning so fast.

Isn't what they are doing called a strike or protest? Why call sit in? All the workers sitting down?

Somemore more than 5, why they didn't mention illegal gathering?

Exactly bro.. This Is an illegal assembly technically..

Where is the ang chia SOC mata?

No wonder SG is 1 cuntry many systems, one fir local one for pet FT!

Exactly bro.. This Is an illegal assembly technically..

Where is the ang chia SOC mata?

No wonder SG is 1 cuntry many systems, one fir local one for pet FT!

What I feel is the locals fear the ang chias n the presence of them appearing is enough to scare those protesting into dispersion.

Now comes the FTs, esp those doing blue collar jobs, these people have nothing to lose. Ang chias come out, they may even burn a few off, just look at the strikes on tv and how helpless the anti-riot vehicle becomes after it runs out of water. I strongly believe if violence is used on FTs, they're bound to fight back, probably that explains why the SOC is not activated. Compared to CSJ's 5 man show protesting, the ang chias come real fast.

What I feel is the locals fear the ang chias n the presence of them appearing is enough to scare those protesting into dispersion.

Now comes the FTs, esp those doing blue collar jobs, these people have nothing to lose. Ang chias come out, they may even burn a few off, just look at the strikes on tv and how helpless the anti-riot vehicle becomes after it runs out of water. I strongly believe if violence is used on FTs, they're bound to fight back, probably that explains why the SOC is not activated. Compared to CSJ's 5 man show protesting, the ang chias come real fast.

So it seems the ang chia used to bulky the balless Sgreans la.. When foreigners create trouble then mata dare not fight? Lidat Liao la.. Sg no hope for Sgreans Liao.. The foreigners will take over Singapore without a shot fired!

Vote For your life in the next GE!

So it seems the ang chia used to bulky the balless Sgreans la.. When foreigners create trouble then mata dare not fight? Lidat Liao la.. Sg no hope for Sgreans Liao.. The foreigners will take over Singapore without a shot fired!

Vote For your life in the next GE!

Please lar...... If u are on of the bangla, like them no pay, eat cow food, u strike or not..., maybe I will even kill the boss....

Please la, this case is not about ft, it's about foreign workers. Please lar... U want to be a foreign worker? Lay bricks, confreres, pull cables, earn 18bucks a day..

Please lar. Bring foreign talent out of the picture.

Foreign talent complaint can be done in other threads.

↡ Advertisement