Road Trip To Thailand

Deucedude

I will be doing a road trip with my group of friends to Thailand. I have not done this before and will appreciate any suggestions from forumers here.

BTW, there is 9 of us going in 2 cars , most probably an SUV and a Sedan.

What to look out and prepare for in terms of the car conditions to minimise it having problems along the trip

If I need essential stuffs for the car along the way, is it safe or avaliable to replenish them in malaysia

My friends are ambitious and would like to drive all the way to Bangkok, How many days does that take (to and fro)

What are some of the stops recommended for overnight stays

Any other things that I should take note of

Thanks guys

[:)]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

So good, can travel up to Bangkok. I wish I can go lor....haiz [:(]

How many days do you intend to spend for the entire trip?

So good, can travel up to Bangkok. I wish I can go lor....haiz [:(]

How many days do you intend to spend for the entire trip?

I have quite a number of days to spare, can do up to 18 days. any recommendations

I will be doing a road trip with my group of friends to Thailand. I have not done this before and will appreciate any suggestions from forumers here.

What to look out and prepare for in terms of the car conditions to minimise it having problems along the trip

If I need essential stuffs for the car along the way, is it safe or avaliable to replenish them in malaysia

My friends are ambitious and would like to drive all the way to Bangkok, How many days does that take (to and fro)

Thanks guys

hi... anyone?? thanks.

Thanks guys

the way you put it.. it seems it is your first drive in MY.

i rem MCFer Shor has a step by step thread on driving to thailand.... you may want to either search for it or pm him about it... he should be able to give you good advice.

but 9 people in 2 cars seems abit cramp for such a long journey... 3 cars should be better

found it for you

Driving from SG to Thailand blog

His thread in MCF

Edited by Galantspeedz

I think have to bring along air filters as it can be clogged up with insects, leaves and other debris during your drive up....

Also bring along an extra bottle of engine oil and pre-mixed coolant for top-up....

Thumb of rule is to stop every 2-3 hours for rest and check the engine oil, coolant before setting off....if refilling at petrol station, check the tyre pressure too....

Other than that you should do fine...

Drive safely and good luck.....

the way you put it.. it seems it is your first drive in MY.

i rem MCFer Shor has a step by step thread on driving to thailand.... you may want to either search for it or pm him about it... he should be able to give you good advice.

but 9 people in 2 cars seems abit cramp for such a long journey... 3 cars should be better

found it for you

Driving from SG to Thailand blog

His thread in MCF

Yes, its my 1st, actually I am not very keen but my friends are. Thanks for the help, will contact Shor if I couldnt self help on his thread..

I think have to bring along air filters as it can be clogged up with insects, leaves and other debris during your drive up....

Also bring along an extra bottle of engine oil and pre-mixed coolant for top-up....

Thumb of rule is to stop every 2-3 hours for rest and check the engine oil, coolant before setting off....if refilling at petrol station, check the tyre pressure too....

Other than that you should do fine...

Drive safely and good luck.....

Thanks.. will feedback that to my friends.. cheers

If you guys are driving continuously, keep changing drivers every four hours, u should able to make it to Bangkok in 30-40hrs drive.

My fren and I drove continuously for 17hrs to reach Phuket. Changing driver every four hours like doing shift work. The last time I drove there, empty boot. Just some luggage in a sling bag + car log card + paper map. The Nissan Sunny 1.6A FL went to phuket n back w/o any problems.

If you guys are driving continuously, keep changing drivers every four hours, u should able to make it to Bangkok in 30-40hrs drive.

My fren and I drove continuously for 17hrs to reach Phuket. Changing driver every four hours like doing shift work. The last time I drove there, empty boot. Just some luggage in a sling bag + car log card + paper map. The Nissan Sunny 1.6A FL went to phuket n back w/o any problems.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am sure the ladies in the group will not agree to continueous driving... I salute you and your friend, thats not easy. haha :o

Drive from here to bangkok?! I think better to take a plane to bangkok and then rent a car there and drive around in thailand.

Edited by 13177

Drive from here to bangkok?! I think better to take a plane to bangkok and then rent a car there and drive around in thailand.

Yar, I am for the idea as well, but majority wanted to do road trip.. lets see how after I have gathered enough info to discourage them [sly]

Salute sia......hope you suceed. ^_^

Actually i dont mind the driving hours, but i doubt i'll survive the constant nagging from wify during the journey. [laugh]

haha... thats funny... luckily I am going with a cool bunch of ppl... [laugh]

good good..............please go ahead.

Not many can do this sort of trip. Will be very fun & memorable.

Envy sia........ ^_^

haha yar, had been procastinating for years and long overdued, its tough to gather everyone together once we start working.

Thanks bro, I am sure your day will come soon. :D

Yar, I am for the idea as well, but majority wanted to do road trip.. lets see how after I have gathered enough info to discourage them [sly]

Road trip is a good experience and fun, but the car must be able to make it. If half-way the journey, car gives problem then headache liao!

Remember to buy your Thai 3rd party insurance at the border crossing, just came back from hatyai, krabi b4 chinese new year eve, road block by traffic police along the way for insurance coverage, cost only 20-30 ringgits. Drive safe.

Edited by KaKiLang
↡ Advertisement