Road Trip To Thailand

Deucedude

Road trip is a good experience and fun, but the car must be able to make it. If half-way the journey, car gives problem then headache liao!

Thanks for the reminder..thats why I am doing my homework now. lol [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Remember to buy your Thai 3rd party insurance at the border crossing, just came back from hatyai, krabi b4 chinese new year eve, road block by traffic police along the way for insurance coverage, cost only 20-30 ringgits. Drive safe.

Thanks for the reminder, will keep that in mind. [:)]

I will be getting a rental car from Bangkok International airport next month.

Will be driving to Hua Hin and drive around near by area. The car will be return at Bangkok city center on the 4th day.

Can any bros here advice, are there any road toll on the highway? 

The toll is paid by cash or any card (like TnG for Boleh??)

Previously I drive in Thailand was on Koh Samui. Have not drive on mainland yet.

• Praise 1

Will be driving to Hua Hin and drive around near by area. The car will be return at Bangkok city center on the 4th day.

Previously I drive in Thailand was on Koh Samui. Have not drive on mainland yet.

No worry; No tolls on Thai Roads.

• Praise 4

There are tolls on the highway. Can be paid by cash. Thatz what I saw when I hired a driver to visit the floating market which is out of the city centre.

• Praise 1

My fren asking me if interested to drive to Phuket again next March holidays. :a-happy:

Can test the full potential of your A6  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

There are tolls on the highway. Can be paid by cash. Thatz what I saw when I hired a driver to visit the floating market which is out of the city centre.

OK. Thanks. Will need to prepare some small notes.

Can test the full potential of your A6  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

OK. Thanks. Will need to prepare some small notes.

Will not be driving the A6. I dont think it can take thai petrol. Will be driving my fren's Teana, non-turbo car.

• Praise 1

Could u elaborate more? I've never encountered tolls on Thai roads; southern Thailand as well as all the way to Thai-Laos border. TIA.

Could u elaborate more? I've never encountered tolls on Thai roads; southern Thailand as well as all the way to Thai-Laos border. TIA.

Screenshots from google. This is the exact route the guide brought us to the floating market which I also researched and was intending to rent and drive there.

post-2654-0-82326800-1480400494_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-16925500-1480400506_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-26376600-1480400521_thumb.jpg

Will not be driving the A6. I dont think it can take thai petrol. Will be driving my fren's Teana, non-turbo car.

You tuned your A6 already?

Screenshots from google. This is the exact route the guide brought us to the floating market which I also researched and was intending to rent and drive there.

attachicon.gifScreenshot route map to floating market 001.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot route map to floating market 002.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot route map to floating market 003.jpg

From your last photo, which lane is for cash payment?

You tuned your A6 already?

From your last photo, which lane is for cash payment?

Nope. Still bone stock.

Same as NSH, first lane on the left.

P.S looking at the screenshot again, I think any lane that does not indicate "Easy Pass". My driver in thailand was using the first lane on the left thou. I dont know why. He paid by cash.

Edited by Adrianli

I looked at the map, if u travelling from Bangkok to Hua Hin, u sure have to take Route 35 and then Route 4. The part where from Bangkok over the bridge on to Route 35, it is a toll road. Sure have to pay toll.

Unless you prefer the longer route, follow Route 4 all the way. This one no toll but 30km difference in distance.

The toll is not expensive, couple of baht only I think 20 baht or so, less than SGD1.

P.S Oops, wrong info, the toll cost 50baht, about SGD2.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/news/expressway-tolls-set-to-increase-this-fall

Edited by Adrianli

I looked at the map, if u travelling from Bangkok to Hua Hin, u sure have to take Route 35 and then Route 4. The part where from Bangkok over the bridge on to Route 35, it is a toll road. Sure have to pay toll.

Unless you prefer the longer route, follow Route 4 all the way. This one no toll but 30km difference in distance.

The toll is not expensive, couple of baht only I think 20 baht or so, less than SGD1.

I had already check google map and like to use route 35 and later part all on route 4.

Cost for toll no problem, no point to avoid. Good to know so I have small note on hand.

Thank u for this info. I think the tolls are only within & around Bangkok.

↡ Advertisement