How important is AD warranty when selling car

Eric76

As above, may want to change my ride soon and it still got half a year warranty with AD, how important is this when selling or trade in to dealer, can neg for a better price?

↡ Advertisement

That's provided you have those service records with your AD. But doubt dealers will take in much higher, overall still depends on condition of the car, accident free, mileage etc. At least with service records, new buyer can check with AD mileage etc.

Of Cos theres diff.

The OMV of your AD car is much higher than those parrallel import cars.

and so higher resale price.

If not why does the used car dealers always ask , is your car a AD or PI car when u are selling a used car to them.

As above, may want to change my ride soon and it still got half a year warranty with AD, how important is this when selling or trade in to dealer, can neg for a better price?

Yes, dealer can offer u slightly more... When they sell your car, it became their advantage.

in a way, it wld b more visible on a conti. but on jap, it doesnt matter to me. eg. axio, crossroad, fit, accord euro r................

Agree, most workshops can service these cars with ease of spare parts. But not all can do if you turn up with a Audi or BMW except to change fluids.

sell it yourself, you will get a better price

sell to dealer they will say no difference... but when they advertise it for sale, they will praise until cow go up the tree

I agreed selling your car by yourself will get better pricing.. nowaday selling a car is really easy.. Advertising in sgcarmart is only $38 for 6 weeks and there are agents that help to proceed the transaction with no admin fee cos they are earning on bank referral and insurance referral.