Side mirror back cover replacement. where and how much?

Mangos

Neutral Newbie

I had a small accident today. My mazda 3 side mirror back cover is peeled off and broken. Anyone know how much does it cost to replace it?

Also other than going back to Mazda, is there any alternative? I don't think this is covered by warranty right?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

I had a small accident today. My mazda 3 side mirror back cover is peeled off and broken. Anyone know how much does it cost to replace it?

Also other than going back to Mazda, is there any alternative? I don't think this is covered by warranty right?

Thanks

Just go to any workshop or best if you have your own prefered workshop and they will pre-order for you.

I changed for $50 inclusive of labour 1 year plus ago.

Different car though.. not Mazda but lancer.

Edited by Yewheng

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info.

Can you recommend your workshop? And usually how long can i expect the replacement be in stock?

Thanks for the info.

Can you recommend your workshop? And usually how long can i expect the replacement be in stock?

I go to Shell station at Sengkang there for servicing.

But if you would to ask me where i change the side mirror back cover would be at ETHOZ at 50 Gul Crescent near my workplace as I met a minor incident that damage the side mirror back cover during my driving to work.

Depending on stock availability.. for my case that time is 2 days later come back and fix it.

Neutral Newbie

I go to Shell station at Sengkang there for servicing.

But if you would to ask me where i change the side mirror back cover would be at ETHOZ at 50 Gul Crescent near my workplace as I met a minor incident that damage the side mirror back cover during my driving to work.

Depending on stock availability.. for my case that time is 2 days later come back and fix it.

Thanks!

I called Mazda dealer (Eurocar) and get a quote of S$85.6, and there's no stock for my color so need to wait 3-4 weeks. Damn!

then I called a few car parts stockists, and so far only found 2 with stock but both not my color. much cheaper though, $30-40. Thinking of buying one and let some workshop to paint it to my car color.

Anyone else know which car parts dealer/stockist may carry Mazda parts? (Mazda3 2010 to be exact).

Neutral Newbie

just to update for other mazda owners' future reference.

I get a replacement side mirror back casing from JAE auto pte ltd for $35. They only have white color so I brought it to ADSM for re-spraying to my car's color which costs $40. In total it is done for S$75 in 2 days (I went to the paint shop late so have to collect it the next day), cheaper and faster than order from Mazda (Trans Eurokars) which charges $80 and need to wait for 4 weeks.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

hi Mangos, where did you replace the side mirror?

i suspect valet parker broke my left side mirror yesterday night, if you have contact pls give me as i need to change it as well.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I ordered a set of autoid aftermarket side mirror covers. Very hesitant to DIY replace after watching some videos online involving removal of mirror piece!

Anyone got any recommendations on where would be a good place to get it done?

On 2/16/2012 at 1:26 PM, Mangos said:

just to update for other mazda owners' future reference.

I get a replacement side mirror back casing from JAE auto pte ltd for $35. They only have white color so I brought it to ADSM for re-spraying to my car's color which costs $40. In total it is done for S$75 in 2 days (I went to the paint shop late so have to collect it the next day), cheaper and faster than order from Mazda (Trans Eurokars) which charges $80 and need to wait for 4 weeks.

I am pretty shocked that the wing mirror cover comes in body coloured. I would think it comes unpainted. Easier to keep stock and sell.

Anyway never go back to AD to buy any stock parts. Just go to your friendly local stockist.

↡ Advertisement