Polo 1.2 TSI VS Polo 1.4

Deckbuild

Not sure whether this have been done before, but what are the major difference btw this two car other than turbo and engine size? FC?

↡ Advertisement

After a quick look at Volkswagen Singapore website,

Besides the engine, 6 speakers, Multimedia Aux-In and Footwell lighting in the 1.2TSI

not much different from the 1.4.

And TSI engines are known to be more fuel efficent than standard engines.

Check out what TSI engine technology offers through:

http://www.volkswagen.com.sg/sg/en/metacon...technology.html

Volkswagen has recently announced the launch of Polo R Line which is based on the SEL trim of Volkswagen Polo. The car gets new looks and impressive features and is available in three-door and five-door version. Both versions will be powered by 1.2-liter petrol engine that is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and generates a power of 105 PS. The expected prices of VW Polo R Line start at

Volkswagen has recently announced the launch of Polo R Line which is based on the SEL trim of Volkswagen Polo. The car gets new looks and impressive features and is available in three-door and five-door version. Both versions will be powered by 1.2-liter petrol engine that is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and generates a power of 105 PS. The expected prices of VW Polo R Line start at

I went to a test drive with a Polo 1.2 TSI this year...belive me, it's an amazing engine. I wasn't expecting that much power from an 1.2 engine. I was running with 120 km/h in the 3rd gear @ 6000rpm and I had enough pedal until the floor. It has both turbo and compressor. If I had to choose, I'd go for the 1.2 TSI.

Turbo = compressor? Compressor = Turbo?

What is the resale price of Polo which run 23000 kilometers.

all i know is Polo 1.4 depreciates $10-11K p.a., and $12k or more for TSi. It's way too expensive for a supermini.

1.4= NA very fuel efficient

1.2 = Single charge aka TC only ( good Fc too)

1.4 GTI = Twin charged aka Sicrocco engine but tune up to 180bhp ( ave: 13km/litre)

↡ Advertisement