Unusual or Rare Cars

Theoldjaffa

I drove this (father's car) for a year in 1995 when I just started working.

4 speed manual, smooth, precise, heavy and solid shifting feel like loading a bolt action rifle and the parking brake felt like a GPMG charging handle

the recirculating ball power assisted steering was smooth and light, no speed sensing though, brakes were very good and the doors close with a solid thud like a commercial fridge door

most of the petrol station pump attendents couldn't find the petrol filler cap hatch.. haha

my dad had the 230.6…yes..solid car.

Hand brake on the right beside the aircon vent…

petrol lid behind.

Wiper sweep from center

Parking brake is on the dash board right?

Drive the w123 before, that's where parking brake is.

This is newer

Edited by Cj12329
↡ Advertisement

How about Rolls Royce & Bentley?

Same thing when these both brands under British's Hand,later both Companies sold to the Germans,BMW bought Rolls Royce,VW bought Bentley.

The British always try to be cleverer but often times they fail in making a good product! My belief is that the British are good in innovation but very poor in turning it into a product and in quality of production.

After so many years Land Rover and jaguar quality is still bleeeh

I totally agree with you. The Brits are indeed innovators but can't seem to screw things together properly.

It was reported that the cabin was so silent that engineers needed to remove some insulation. That's what made LS400 iconic.

My first boss had one. I sat in it a couple of times. It was in 1994. 

Handphones were just being invented at that time, and he was carrying the big water bottle around. Inside the car got a car phone too, and he die die must make some calls inside the car to show off... 

The chauffeur said the Lexus was like an aeroplane when travelling on NSH.

For the shorter distance that I sat inside the car, can only hear aircon noise, and not the road/traffic noise.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I totally agree with you. The Brits are indeed innovators but can't seem to screw things together properly.

Which is why British cars at that time were perceived poor quality.

I believe the MB we are talking about above is model W115 instead of W123. W123 was the model that followed W115.

The picture of the dash in the previous post is from the facelift version. The original version has a larger steering wheel with a thin rim and a large chrome ring to activate the horn.

The car that we had did not have the pull handle. It was the traditional foot pedal with a small pull button on the dash located between the air vent and the door.

Edited by AlainDupuis

I believe the MB we are talking about above is model W115 instead of W123. W123 was the model that followed W115.

The picture of the dash in the previous post is from the facelift version. The original version has a larger steering wheel with a thin rim and a large chrome ring to activate the horn.

The car that we had did not have the pull handle. It was the traditional foot pedal with a small pull button on the dash located between the air vent and the door.

Ya, I think they removed it on the face lifted version because of the confusion of 4 pedals in the footwell. During that time not alot of cars have a "extra" pedal beside clutch pedal.

ca807e588d5dfb5049a1ec099cc73d1c--white-

• Praise 1

Ya, I think they removed it on the face lifted version because of the confusion of 4 pedals in the footwell. During that time not alot of cars have a "extra" pedal beside clutch pedal.

ca807e588d5dfb5049a1ec099cc73d1c--white-

LHD is using Foot Operated parking Brake,while the RHD W114,115,123,126 using Hand Operated Parking Brake,until W124,it used back Foot Operated Parking Brake..RHD W114,115 got an extra Pedal,Windscreen Washer/Wiper...on the left side...

Edited by ER-3682

This one was put up for sale for long time liao... Guess too ex and parts difficult to find thats why no buyers

Been for sale since the renewal of its coe! Condemn Liao.

LHD is using Foot Operated parking Brake,while the RHD W114,115,123,126 using Hand Operated Parking Brake,until W124,it used back Foot Operated Parking Brake..RHD W114,115 got an extra Pedal,Windscreen Washer/Wiper...on the left side...

wah, marseelee sifu ah

No lah,just learned alot from a retired C&C Senior Service Advisor.

those are pre-internet, pre-google era models, that gentleman is a walking marseelee encyclopedia

Some 70's Jaguar even more stylish,got 2 fuel tanks...

See from the top, there are 2 filler caps at either side of boot, just after the rear windscreen. Problem was in our heavy tropical rain, water got into the fuel tank. Especially when the rubber seal wore out or cracked due to our heat when park in sun. British cars of 60s and early 70s common to put fillers on top. Later editions moved to side. 

↡ Advertisement