Unusual or Rare Cars

Theoldjaffa

Supercharged

Is this rare? Please identify the car! Can't get a better shot.

S Class Cabriolet 

2018-mercedes-benz-s560-cabriolet.jpg

• Praise 6

1988 - 1993 Mk I VW Golf Cabriolet (Typ 17)

nbT1O9X.jpg

wLgGCLb.jpg

4KWsjqz.jpg

4grWXQH.jpg

jlHL1vr.jpg

7Ukkbdq.jpg

Background of this Golf Cabriolet is quite interesting.

The convertible version of the Mk1 Golf was presented to Volkswagen's management by coachbuilder Wilhelm Karmann GmbH as early as 1976.

The production version of the convertible Golf was designated Type 155. It had a reinforced body, a transverse roll-over bar, and a high level of trim. From stamping to final assembly the Mk1 Cabriolet was built entirely at the Karmann factory. Volkswagen supplied engines, suspension, and interior trim for Karmann to install. The tops, of vinyl or cloth, were heavily insulated, with a heated glass rear window. The top was raised and lowered manually until 1991, when it became electrically operated.

The body of the Cabriolet did not change through the entire production run except for a larger fuel tank. It kept the pre-1980 style of rear lamp clusters. A space saver spare wheel was fitted from the outset, including 1978 pre-production models. All Cabriolets from 1988 on left the factory fitted with a "Clipper" bodykit that featured smooth body-coloured bumpers, wheel-arch extensions, and side skirts (Type 17).
  • Praise 6

(edited)

Depreciation: $27,690 /yr

siao ting tong no scare die

RRP 360k but 3 owners liao  :a-confused:

Edited by Pohhenry
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

The ones talking about two strokes and single swing-arm...it was "THE" time which we grew up upon.

Hahaha! I too rode for 13 years!

Nice Alfa Romeo spotted!

This one swee...

i posted one white one i think maybe a year ago, but was on the move and got it from screen capture of my car cam. Your pic [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1