Unusual or Rare Cars

Theoldjaffa

Just when I manage to catch a Mercedes-Benz SLC on our road (it has  been around for 2 years+, but the 2nd time I see one), it is going to cease production very soon.

rw72c8c.jpg

Is this the end for the Mercedes-Benz SLC?

It’s time to say farewell to Mercedes’ littlest roadster.

The SLC - which until 2016 was called the SLK - has been around since 1996. You’ll remember it for basically starting the whole folding hard-top thing, which peaked in the mid-Noughties when Ford, Peugeot, Vauxhall, Renault, Nissan, Volvo and others decided to get in on the action. That none of these manufacturers still build a folding hard-top ought to give you some idea of how it worked out for them…

It’s always worked for Mercedes, however. Though its C-, S- and E-Class cabriolets all use fabric roofs, the SLC/K has stuck with the folding hard-top through each of its three generations. And now could be your last chance to buy one, because later this year the third-gen SLC will go out of production. And supposedly no replacement is due.

I think this car was rare even in its prime in the early 90s, much less today.

post-2139-0-17130900-1550637973.jpg

This particular Charade sedan can be found at the MSCP behind People's Park Complex Food Centre (around level 3 area), with another 5th gen Toyota Celica in the vicinity.

One of my classmate used to drove one, and when we commended on it sluggish performance, he responded: "That is exactly what make my dad get it for me!"

• Praise 6

This particular Charade sedan can be found at the MSCP behind People's Park Complex Food Centre (around level 3 area), with another 5th gen Toyota Celica in the vicinity.

One of my classmate used to drove one, and when we commended on it sluggish performance, he responded: "That is exactly what make my dad get it for me!"

I saw one charade at the MSCP you are talking about, was quite surprise to see this car still surviving on the road now. 

3rd SAAB 95 sorted this year.

Guess I have an affinity with this car this year.

post-180434-0-50016000-1550745991_thumb.png

post-180434-0-93189200-1550746203_thumb.png

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

Not an unusual or rare car but an unusual car decoration - it was just stuck there in the roof of the car.

Your Brother lost his hammer?

I thought it was an ordinary Merc GLS (I know I know, GLS is anything but ordinary to mere mortals like me), but I did a double-take when I saw the badging. AMG GLS 63 not less!

It's not listed in SGCM, so I don't even know how much this behemoth costs.

post-2139-0-20300500-1550750963_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 2

Dunno whether will fly off and hit the car or worse, a bike.

Yes I agree. If it were me, I will surely feedback to LTA. Unless its bolted or screwed on the roof (which I doubt so)

Car travelling at 100kmh, damage is no joke one lor. 

An excellent condition Mark I Austin Cooper (1961)!

Anyone noticed that it don't have wing mirror, the door hinge located on the external side of the door, as well as the sliding window? These are some characteristics of the Mark I Mini... The compact car measured 3.05m (L) x 1.41m (W) x 1.35m (H).

8vEjyh1.jpg

• Praise 8

I thought it was an ordinary Merc GLS (I know I know, GLS is anything but ordinary to mere mortals like me), but I did a double-take when I saw the badging. AMG GLS 63 not less!

It's not listed in SGCM, so I don't even know how much this behemoth costs.

Beyond my payscale for the road tax ..

Anyone noticed that it don't have wing mirror, the door hinge located on the external side of the door, as well as the sliding window? These are some characteristics of the Mark I Mini... The compact car measured 3.05m (L) x 1.41m (W) x 1.35m (H).

No wing mirror? Then how to change lane?

8vEjyh1.jpg

There seems to be a number of replica from malaysia build models to a more modern interpretation from hyundai getz for the color scheme.

I heard from one owner that the problem with those mini is the electrical wiring.

• Praise 1