Intermittent car vibration during high speed

Deckbuild

Have anyone encounter this problem, when driving at around 90 to 110, it vibrate intermittently, when i release gas and step again , the vibration goes off but will come back again after some km. Could it be the spark plug as the last time I change is over 30k km?

Forget to add if I accelerate during the vibration, the car vibrates even more violently, it only stop when I release and step the gas again.

Edited by Deckbuild
↡ Advertisement

Have anyone encounter this problem, when driving at around 90 to 110, it vibrate intermittently, when you release gas and step again , the vibration goes off but will come back again after some km. Could it be the spark plug as the last time I change is over 30k km?

the car vibration is felt on the steering only? or is it on your seat? or is it on the gas pedal?

the car vibration is felt on the steering only? or is it on your seat? or is it on the gas pedal?

I felt my vibration on my arse too, my wife was sleeping but she claim she felt nothing. Currently in malacca.

You have any after market performance enchancer ??

Total stock, and prior to this I have not touch any thing on the engine. Service recently but didn't change the plugs, so I guessing it that and hope it's that

Have anyone encounter this problem, when driving at around 90 to 110, it vibrate intermittently, when i release gas and step again , the vibration goes off but will come back again after some km. Could it be the spark plug as the last time I change is over 30k km?

Forget to add if I accelerate during the vibration, the car vibrates even more violently, it only stop when I release and step the gas again.

it could be one of the tires which is damaged. quite common when travelling long distances on ns highway. i could be wrong but worth checking. even when the tire is slightly deformed, it can vibrate quite violently but weird thing is only at a certain speed. 90 -100km/h could just be that sweet spot in this case.

it could be one of the tires which is damaged. quite common when travelling long distances on ns highway. i could be wrong but worth checking. even when the tire is slightly deformed, it can vibrate quite violently but weird thing is only at a certain speed. 90 -100km/h could just be that sweet spot in this case.

Nope, tyres quite new, I was traveling constant 100kph, the shuddering or vibration will come and go on smooth road, it will become worst when I accelerate while it's shuddering, and it will gone when I release the gas and step back again, but after a few km it will come back as and when it like.

Hope to have some advice, thanks to all bro!

mine happened when my speed is over 75, i accelerate, the car vibrates. i maintain or decelerate, nothing will happen.

oya. that diagnosed to be my drive shalf issue.

Nope, tyres quite new, I was traveling constant 100kph, the shuddering or vibration will come and go on smooth road, it will become worst when I accelerate while it's shuddering, and it will gone when I release the gas and step back again, but after a few km it will come back as and when it like.

Hope to have some advice, thanks to all bro!

possibly, one of the wheels is not properly balanced or the counter weights had dropped off along the way. an imbalanced wheel sets up a harmonic that might not exist (have an effect) below 90km/h, but shakes like crazy at 100km/h. and goes away above that. i strongly advise you to check your wheels first instead of assuming that they are fairly new.

possibly, one of the wheels is not properly balanced or the counter weights had dropped off along the way. an imbalanced wheel sets up a harmonic that might not exist (have an effect) below 90km/h, but shakes like crazy at 100km/h. and goes away above that. i strongly advise you to check your wheels first instead of assuming that they are fairly new.

From what I understand if it's wheel, it will vibrate at so call resonance speed, but mine is a on off at constant speed, nevertheless I will go and have a check on my wheels now, thanks to all bro for comment so far.

From what I understand if it's wheel, it will vibrate at so call resonance speed, but mine is a on off at constant speed, nevertheless I will go and have a check on my wheels now, thanks to all bro for comment so far.

Googled it and found out could be caused by an axle shaft issue

http://www.justanswer.com/acura/3am9m-caus...ion-speeds.html

Hi, thank you for using justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will help assist you today.

A vibration specific to acceleration is usually caused by an axle shaft issue. The CV joints can go bad overtime and cause this issue.

Another thing to look for is issues with the wheel bearings. You should be able to duplicate the issue more frequently if it was a bearing issue though and hear some type of growling noise.

First thing to check is the axle shafts and wheel bearings

Be sure the vibration is only consistent with acceleration though. If it is just a vibration issue at/or around 50mph it could be other things. Wheel balance/loose tie rods/ bad bushings.

Hope this helpsCool

Googled it and found out could be caused by an axle shaft issue

http://www.justanswer.com/acura/3am9m-caus...ion-speeds.html

Hi, thank you for using justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will help assist you today.

A vibration specific to acceleration is usually caused by an axle shaft issue. The CV joints can go bad overtime and cause this issue.

Another thing to look for is issues with the wheel bearings. You should be able to duplicate the issue more frequently if it was a bearing issue though and hear some type of growling noise.

First thing to check is the axle shafts and wheel bearings

Be sure the vibration is only consistent with acceleration though. If it is just a vibration issue at/or around 50mph it could be other things. Wheel balance/loose tie rods/ bad bushings.

Hope this helpsCool

Negative sir, never happen during acceleration, only at constant speed of 90 to 110.

No mention what brand/model. Some stock wheels are made with steel rather thin, and likely to cause such issue especially for longer distances.

Check for abnormalities that can produce this vibration.

Bro, what car you driving and anything flashing on your dashboard.

Hyundai matrix, 1st owner, left 1 yr 9 mths to scrap, it only happen this time, still in malacca, will update again tomorrow when back in sg, nothing flashing on dashboard. Sigh.... Hope I don't have to spend mega money as it's going to be scrap soon...

↡ Advertisement