Help on Oil pressure & Air/fuel Gauge

Car_accessories

Dear SG Car forum bros and sis,

As of today, i happen to installed the above gauges however, i face some issues as below:

Oil temp gauge not reading from the sensor? Reading shows 0 throughout.

Air/fuel

Edited by Car_accessories
↡ Advertisement

bro thanks for your reply....yup its 0 all the way when i reach home. You might be wondering why did i left that workshop than, coz i just felt that maybe the mechanic does not have much knowledge as he himself also do not know why did it happen....haiz!

In the end I though might as well try to find a reputable workshop to get it fixed.... [:(]

Edited by Car_accessories

Can't recommend any workshop for this. You should go back to the one who install those gauges.

Most local workshops are good for replacing the worn out parts. They are very very poor in diagnostic work. In fact Workshops or those tyre shop cum workshop in Johor is much better.

In your case, the Air fuel ratio is not working because the installer tapped into the wrong wire in the exhaust o2 sensor. There are 4 wires, you got to try one by one. Since the one your mechanic tap is incorrect, 3 more to go. The last time I installed a Apexi turbo timer with O2 reading at one of the very well known workshop in Ubi, they told me o2 reading sure cannot work because Apexi just add this feature for marketing. Non of it work. At first I believe him but later I decided to try to make it work, Japanese products normally works as promise. Finally I got it working by re-connecting it to another wire (one of those 4 wires).

As for the oil pressure, same problem, The sensor is put at the wrong place, so cannot give correct reading.

There are three major types ( material) of o2 sensors, most are now are configured with four wire types.

Attached chart for your perusal.

As for oil pressure , the sensor must be located along the engine block major oil gallery.

post-272-1329621270_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

Just a question, what are the o2 sensor you guys installed and what is the cost ? I am interested in installing one. Is yours installed before or after the cat ? Any diff between zircona and titana type of o2 ?

Hi guys... Thanks for the inputs and advise really appreciate that from the pros... Yup i will

Have to make a trip back and ask the wOrkshop. Kinda sad that I have to make a trip back again coz was rather disappointed with the service. Though I dunt want to mention any shop name!

Just a question, what are the o2 sensor you guys installed and what is the cost ? I am interested in installing one. Is yours installed before or after the cat ? Any diff between zircona and titana type of o2 ?

O2 sensors come with the car for the ECU to adjust the fuel delivery to the combustion chamber and usually located just after the extractor.. if i'm not wrong, cars come with two of them.. therefore the gauge is suppose to tap to the one just after the extractor for convenient sake..