Very bad accident at AYE towards Tuas at Corporation Rd

Wubb

idiots like KaKiLang and Sungod666, pls continue to curse others to death

i'm sure one day you will get your karma, whether it's yourself or your loved ones

↡ Advertisement

I believe this to be part of Gangsters-Rob-Citizens protocol. However, some taxi drivers told me they like it this way [confused][shakehead] ?

It is all due to different sizes of brain with each of everyone of us looking at issues :wacko:

Taiwanese rich and famous Mr.Li Au label us 很笨 和 没种 (Very Stupid & No Guts) [mad]

allow taxi drivers to buy their own taxis and they wont be so reckless.

Own time own target to drive.

no need to meet minimum quota/day for rental and petrol

Last time yellow tops are private but when things can earn $, government come in law saying "need transport company (now to register cab company maybe need $10m bond?) so that there will be "law & order".

Name me one business that never fail & government wouldnt come in to have a bite?

Last time yellow tops are private but when things can earn $, government come in law saying "need transport company (now to register cab company maybe need $10m bond?) so that there will be "law & order".

Name me one business that never fail & government wouldnt come in to have a bite?

govt can charge a "taxi license fee" to be a taxi driver.

monthly $x. but still wont be as chor as now

It is all due to different sizes of brain with each of everyone of us looking at issues :wacko:

Taiwanese rich and famous Mr.Li Au label us 很笨 和 没种 (Very Stupid & No Guts) [mad]

Because we had all been brain washed (2 yrs following orders).

When we think out of the box, they classified us as rebel or "55".

When we do things against MIW, someone old enough says "Repent".

Twincharged

allow taxi drivers to buy their own taxis and they wont be so reckless.

Own time own target to drive.

no need to meet minimum quota/day for rental and petrol

But they still need to meet minimum quota for installment and petrol. Won't solve the problem.

govt can charge a "taxi license fee" to be a taxi driver.

monthly $x. but still wont be as chor as now

Do some maths...

Cost of taxi + COE + maintenance + road tax = S$105 per day x 5 years?

These funds besides taxis but their infra which had created jobs BUT destroyed SME.

Y?

The parts faulty, mecs say no problem (lazy to change).

Parts cost the company.

Without parts, auto parts supplier have no additional revenue.

And,

If that their ws takes days to repair, the hirer would still have to pay rental.

Best part, buy diesel from their "in-house" station (they profit $0.30 per liter while distributor selling them at $0.05?).

Says what you like ppl, will not change my sentiments towards taxi drivers, making a living on the road disregarding of others safety.

Last 4 road accidents witnessed lately, all involved taxis, nuff said.

Take a look at this, typical situation on the road these days and I am sure PTC or LTA will put more Taxi on the road.

post-93078-1329660630_thumb.jpg

What is the chance of an accident involve a Taxi?

Edited by VanDamme

Do some maths...

Cost of taxi + COE + maintenance + road tax = S$105 per day x 5 years?

These funds besides taxis but their infra which had created jobs BUT destroyed SME.

Y?

The parts faulty, mecs say no problem (lazy to change).

Parts cost the company.

Without parts, auto parts supplier have no additional revenue.

And,

If that their ws takes days to repair, the hirer would still have to pay rental.

Best part, buy diesel from their "in-house" station (they profit $0.30 per liter while distributor selling them at $0.05?).

Your quotes makes me believe Mr.Li Ao is sharp-cut minded, I'm sad, really very sad !

Punctured tyre stop at lane 1? You sure about this info?

I will even drive to shoulder with 3 wheels and not stay in lane 1.

Unless it's vehicle breakdown due to engine failure or no fuel, but still can steer to the shoulder when engine cut.

I understand the power steering will not work when engine cut.

Personally, I have tried purposely turning off engine while driving to see how the car react, tried with a non-power steering car, the engine re-ignited and after I engaged back the clutch.

Tried it on a power steering car, the steering seized after engine's cut as there is no more power assist. It is very difficult but still manageable to steer it slightly with quite a lot of force.

The driving schools should incorporate the behaviour of different type of power assist steering vehicles to get a real feel of driving on the road when engine failure occurs. Immediate Failure for the driver who did not steer clear of fast lane - can have this in circuits.

i ever kenna once alternator kaput.

the damn car stalled. everything went off. no light, no power steering, nothing. quite scary.

could that be the situation?

Neutral Newbie

I pray for the victims and hope everyone drive safe on the roads. Not only taxi drivers are driving recklessly. Probably because there are so many more taxis on the roads than before. But i think taxis also see car types then bully one.

But they still need to meet minimum quota for installment and petrol. Won't solve the problem.

but wont be that stressful.

and if they buy their own taxi, how much is a sonata? 100k?

installments+petrol wont add up to 3k a mth.

petrol+rental 160/day

I know of 1 taxi driver, retired, have a few nice sports car, drive taxi to pass time.

I know of another one, used to be successful businessman, drive Lexus (double digit) & when his business failed, drive taxi for the time moment. Found investors n became another successful businessman, gave a 335 to his daughter.

Many of those whom condemn taxi drivers are likely to drive bread&butters cars around.

Don't even have the enough coffers to pay cash for their ride & complain how fuel cost.

Thinks that those driving a lousy car (cab etc) is not worthy to be on the road.

But the top of the food chain is looking the same way as you looking down on others.

Bravo Bravo Bravo! [thumbsup] This is the most sensible & streetwise answer from a person who i can say had seen it all...Found another kakilang who shared my thoughts... [nod] I've personally seen those driving taxis but are rich & retired uncles' residence & living standards...some losers are fated to work for others but jealous of taxi uncle's flexible timing & powerful cabs that can smoke their tin cans easily...

Edited by Patronic

A dead taxi driver is always a good one

Another loser who deserved to be at Lim Chu Kang...but wait! <_< It's a waste of precious land space for this monkey...maybe a sea burial will suffice... [thumbsup]

no power steering dun mean ur steering dun work anymore.... there is still a mechanical link, you can still steer away! Even if your steering lock engages, you can use brute forse to turn it.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Twincharged

but wont be that stressful.

and if they buy their own taxi, how much is a sonata? 100k?

installments+petrol wont add up to 3k a mth.

petrol+rental 160/day

What about their insurance? Servicing cost? Even if it is still cheaper than renting a taxi, the driver will still be speeding cuz who don't want to earn more...

Edited by Nzy

Unfortunately I believe he is right about the 60%+ among us are exactly like that. Hence the younger generations are emigrating, leaving the elderly generation behind. [shakehead]

That is, we have a government that rob ourselves [thumbsdown] . Foreigners are honoured as talents in comparison to the 60%+ as evidence [shakehead] . Example: had colleague who wish to donate away all his CPF funds to the government, never want a cent for his children. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement