Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Hi folks,

Looks like my current budget only allow me to buy Avante 1.6A car in the range of 2008-2009 registered vehicles. As such, would like to seek fellow Avante drivers about the maintenance section.

1. do Avante like some older car need to change timing belt ? If yes, at what mileage interval (e.g. 60KM) need to change and how much $$$ ? And also, does it also need to change the water pump that usually associated with timing belt ?

2. How much is to replace the original shock absorber (4x) ?

3. How much to replace the aircon fan belt ?

4. Anything special about Avante car battery ? Can settle with $150 ?

5. So far anybody overhaul or change their auto gearbox before ? If yes, how much ?

6. Anybody replace their master brake pump ? If yes, how much ?

The above is based on my current ride experience which I need to replace. Any other areas where I have missed, will be be glad if you can point out to me :)

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi folks,

Looks like my current budget only allow me to buy Avante 1.6A car in the range of 2008-2009 registered vehicles. As such, would like to seek fellow Avante drivers about the maintenance section.

1. do Avante like some older car need to change timing belt ? If yes, at what mileage interval (e.g. 60KM) need to change and how much $$$ ? And also, does it also need to change the water pump that usually associated with timing belt ?

2. How much is to replace the original shock absorber (4x) ?

3. How much to replace the aircon fan belt ?

4. Anything special about Avante car battery ? Can settle with $150 ?

5. So far anybody overhaul or change their auto gearbox before ? If yes, how much ?

6. Anybody replace their master brake pump ? If yes, how much ?

The above is based on my current ride experience which I need to replace. Any other areas where I have missed, will be be glad if you can point out to me :)

Thanks

1. Timing belt can change around 80k km. some have gone up to 150+km then change. Not ex, go to stockist.

water pump i heard can replace it around 160k km. go stockist.

2. Shocks if i'm not wrong around $80-$90++ per pcs. go to Stockist..

3. Aircon fan belt... Er.. never hear b4.. nowadays running on electric motor

4. car batt is international (same for most cars), depends on where u go, Less than $150 is definitely possible.

5. auto gearbox overhaul, not that i've heard of..

6. u probably replace the brake pump if u did upgrade your brakes system.. else should be able to last pretty long..

7. air filter, air-con filter, spark plugs. go to stockist.

Avante is a low maintenance and humble car similar to a good nice wife.. :D :D :D

P.S. If u wanna have even lower servicing cost, buy from stockist and replace in m'sia.. Labour cost is dirt cheap over there. But of cos some might say its dangerous, so u need to go to the right place.

P.S.S. The moment u step out of the "safe" country, u need to be on your guard. Even in sg also can kenna wallop by ang mo and they can escape from here, so the choices is yours to make.

Edited by XenonWhite
  • Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

1. Timing belt can change around 80k km. some have gone up to 150+km then change. Not ex, go to stockist.

4. car batt is international (same for most cars), depends on where u go, Less than $150 is definitely possible.

6. u probably replace the brake pump if u did upgrade your brakes system.. else should be able to last pretty long..

Avante is a low maintenance and humble car similar to a good nice wife.. :D :D :D

P.S. If u wanna have even lower servicing cost, buy from stockist and replace in m'sia.. Labour cost is dirt cheap over there. But of cos some might say its dangerous, so u need to go to the right place.

P.S.S. The moment u step out of the "safe" country, u need to be on your guard. Even in sg also can kenna wallop by ang mo and they can escape from here, so the choices is yours to make.

Bro, Avante is running on timing chain not belt so no need to change.

• Praise 1

i don't drive avante, but i know it's running on timing chain.

• Praise 2

Hi XeonWhite,

Thanks for your comprehensive reply :)

Anyway, just to check, is Avante gearbox normal type or CVT type ?

Thanks

avante is running on conventional 4AT.

i don't drive avante, but i know it's running on timing chain.

Thanks for the info.

It's good to hear the timing belt is chain type :) Btw, the water pump still have to change right ?

Hi XeonWhite,

Thanks

Normal 4 speed torque converter.. its a CVVT engine... something like those v-tech kinda of stuff..

• Praise 1

Thanks for the info.

It's good to hear the timing belt is chain type :) Btw, the water pump still have to change right ?

water pump still need to change of cos as in most cars unless u wanna have a ruin engine..

It's called fan belt. If you get from stockist, will not exceed $80 including labour.

There's no fan belt in the Avante.. Its an alternator belt..

Fan belt is no longer the "in" thing as most cars come with electric fan that have variable speed nowadays..

Thanks for the input.

By the way, Avante 1.6A S edition, does it come with controls on steering wheel ? Cause I see some have some do not have it even though 1.6A S same model and year of registration.

237754_3b.jpg

234789_4b.jpg

Hi XeonWhite,

Thanks

4at. But my workshop told me its cvt same like what latio use.

• Praise 2

It's reliable really mantianance is v low, serve me well for past 5yeara w zero part failure really. Haven change any wear and tear part as far as I can remember except servicing and tire change spark plug ATF. Parts failure nothing so far.