Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

but lesser protection for youe engine.

i have got this solved.

its a small black plastic bush a bit flexible for a plastic looking piece. 48 something with gst only song yi has it. ming ghee no more stock due to kmc not supplying this anymore,

the rest depends on your ws labour charges.

so just change the steering bush? how about the coupling??

↡ Advertisement

so just change the steering bush? how about the coupling??

...its a star shape black thing...thts what i m refering to as the bush....some might call it coupling...

my apologies ....confused by the stockist and my mech.

the same thing they call it different names,

hi, like to ask input from bro here..

for avante 1.6A

to change the radiator hose, (the big one, 1x out, 1x return),

how much the hoses cost ?

how much the labour in Singapore?

or someone have labour in JB too ?

The hoses shld be a few $ only....labour can be very subjective depending on the ws u go to. Wheater or recycle back the old coolant or change coolant.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Need some advise here.

I am thinking of changing my shock absorber for my 09 Hyundai Avante in malaysia Hyundai authorised workshop. anyone can advise for the following

1) What is the parts needed for changing the absorber (e.g. front and back shock absorber, Stopper, Mounting??)

2) Other than original shock absorber from Stockist any other recommendation of other brand?

3) Any recommendation of brakepad also for Avante?

Thanks

Can try kyb. But from my personal experience on trajet original comfortable the kyb abit more stiff. Now my avante front also kyb. A bit stiff also. But handles better for cornering.

Original one is cheaper.

Hi Guys,

Need some advise here.

I am thinking of changing my shock absorber for my 09 Hyundai Avante in malaysia Hyundai authorised workshop. anyone can advise for the following

1) What is the parts needed for changing the absorber (e.g. front and back shock absorber, Stopper, Mounting??)

2) Other than original shock absorber from Stockist any other recommendation of other brand?

3) Any recommendation of brakepad also for Avante?

Thanks

• Praise 1

Wah, looks like my car need some additional servicing liao :(

1. Suspect front-right tyre leaking. Usually, I pump 230psi for all tyre. After 2-3 weeks, typically tyre pressure is aound 218 PSI, however, my front right will drop till 180PSI. I tried a few cycles already and it's still the same. Sounds like there might be a leak somewhere (no obvious nail puncturing the type).

2. Suspension seems getting harhser especially when I go over hump and bump. Quite uncomfortable ride.

3. Think my exhaust getting loose. When I go slow and especially reverse, I could hear a "gra rra" metallic sound from my rear right. And this is also obsvious when I start to accelerate from slow to fast. Lastly, sometimes, it also can be heard when I start from engine from cold.

Help from bros:

1. Any updated pricing for shock absorber ? Seems like buying from stockist and changing it at WS maybe cheaper. Intened to change all 4 and last heard it's about $400+ without labour right ?

2. Any recommendation for WS for doing shock abosrber replacement (labour only) ? Any estimate on the cost ?

Thanks

Get a gd reliable tyre shop take a look. Clould be the valve leaking.

Absorbers....check out with song yi or mon ghee. Stock ones if i recall correctly should be slightly below 400. Kyb slightly above 450 maybe.

Lastly hope that sound from roght rear is not from somewhere else. Get it checked while changing absorber. Shld be easier to see when car is jacked up.

Wah, looks like my car need some additional servicing liao :(

1. Suspect front-right tyre leaking. Usually, I pump 230psi for all tyre. After 2-3 weeks, typically tyre pressure is aound 218 PSI, however, my front right will drop till 180PSI. I tried a few cycles already and it's still the same. Sounds like there might be a leak somewhere (no obvious nail puncturing the type).

2. Suspension seems getting harhser especially when I go over hump and bump. Quite uncomfortable ride.

3. Think my exhaust getting loose. When I go slow and especially reverse, I could hear a "gra rra" metallic sound from my rear right. And this is also obsvious when I start to accelerate from slow to fast. Lastly, sometimes, it also can be heard when I start from engine from cold.

Help from bros:

1. Any updated pricing for shock absorber ? Seems like buying from stockist and changing it at WS maybe cheaper. Intened to change all 4 and last heard it's about $400+ without labour right ?

2. Any recommendation for WS for doing shock abosrber replacement (labour only) ? Any estimate on the cost ?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi,

Anyone can intro a WS for Avanate Major servicing and some check on the car? Prefer WS in north.

Just purchase a 2nd hand Avante and would like to do a major servicing and checks on the car to make sure it's working well.

Edited by Lif35ux

(edited)

bro whats your mileage?

got komoco servicing records?

techinically our car doesn't require anything very major.

engine is running on timing chain unless u have cross 200k mark need to inspect if any irregular noises from the timming chain or tensioner.

only thing is probably since u just got the car probably 1s or twice a week just do some basic inspection like checking e.o. level and coolant level not dropping etc.

yours is AT or MT?

If AT warm up or after drive while idling in neutral 'N' check ATF level and colour.

If MT feel the smoothness of the gear shift if irregular in some gears might need a MT oilarrow-10x10.png change or check clutch plates.

see if your braking is satisfactory to u rest should be fine.

If in doubt abt serivcing history last service.

just do a basic oilarrow-10x10.png change while car jacked up can get mech to inspect or other wear and tears.

Personally recommend komoco. Or cheaper alternative Ethoz but they only have outlet in bt batok tampinese and Gul.

Another alternative is shell station got workshop the shell autoserve or something like that. cos hyundai recomends shell E.O.

Hi,

Anyone can intro a WS for Avanate Major servicing and some check on the car? Prefer WS in north.

Just purchase a 2nd hand Avante and would like to do a major servicing and checks on the car to make sure it's working well.

Edited by Rajoana

Hi,

I always go the WS in the north. The ones in JB.

:D

Neutral Newbie

ok. Thanks for the info. But trying to find a workshop at the north, Lazy to travel too far everytime just for servicing.Haha.

bro whats your mileage?

got komoco servicing records?

techinically our car doesn't require anything very major.

engine is running on timing chain unless u have cross 200k mark need to inspect if any irregular noises from the timming chain or tensioner.

only thing is probably since u just got the car probably 1s or twice a week just do some basic inspection like checking e.o. level and coolant level not dropping etc.

yours is AT or MT?

If AT warm up or after drive while idling in neutral 'N' check ATF level and colour.

If MT feel the smoothness of the gear shift if irregular in some gears might need a MT oilarrow-10x10.png change or check clutch plates.

see if your braking is satisfactory to u rest should be fine.

If in doubt abt serivcing history last service.

just do a basic oilarrow-10x10.png change while car jacked up can get mech to inspect or other wear and tears.

Personally recommend komoco. Or cheaper alternative Ethoz but they only have outlet in bt batok tampinese and Gul.

Another alternative is shell station got workshop the shell autoserve or something like that. cos hyundai recomends shell E.O.

Bros, anyone knows where i can get the owner's manual for this car? The previous owner misplaced it and i cant get a replacement, not even from Komoco. [:(]