Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Neutral Newbie

Hi Fellow Avante Owners,

Need some advice, my Check Engine indicator came up so went to WS to check. The mech told me that it was due to faulty Oxygen Sensor.

He said that I don't have to change it coz it would affect the operation of the car. He reset the indicator for me but told me it will come back (which it did).

Did any of you gents/ladies have to change this sensor before if so what's the cost? Thanks in advance!

Hi Fellow Avante Owners,

Need some advice, my Check Engine indicator came up so went to WS to check. The mech told me that it was due to faulty Oxygen Sensor.

He said that I don't have to change it coz it would affect the operation of the car. He reset the indicator for me but told me it will come back (which it did).

Did any of you gents/ladies have to change this sensor before if so what's the cost? Thanks in advance!

I guess its a common thing among aging korean cars.

I would recomend you to change it.

but u can call up ming ghee for a quotation: 62960808

Anyways here a read up abt it. though i doubt u felt all these

Symptoms of a Bad Oxygen Sensor

When you have a bad oxygen sensor, your vehicle will run less efficiently, it can sometimes have a poor idle, erratic jerking at steady throttle, hard starting problems, cause the check engine light to come on, and will cause high fuel consumption.

Thus, when oxygen sensor failure has been determined (When the check engine light comes on and sets an O2 sensor code) the sensor must then be replaced, a costly repair if you rely on a garage to do the work for you.

However, replacing an oxygen sensor is a job that you can do yourself, (as long as the O2 sensor is not completely rotted into the pipe or catalytic converter) thereby saving you precious time and money. Let’s take a closer look at just what an oxygen sensor does and the steps you can take to do the work yourself.symptoms.

Neutral Newbie

I guess its a common thing among aging korean cars.

I would recomend you to change it.

but u can call up ming ghee for a quotation: 62960808

Anyways here a read up abt it. though i doubt u felt all these Symptoms of a Bad Oxygen Sensor

When you have a bad oxygen sensor, your vehicle will run less efficiently, it can sometimes have a poor idle, erratic jerking at steady throttle, hard starting problems, cause the check engine light to come on, and will cause high fuel consumption.

Thus, when oxygen sensor failure has been determined (When the check engine light comes on and sets an O2 sensor code) the sensor must then be replaced, a costly repair if you rely on a garage to do the work for you.

However, replacing an oxygen sensor is a job that you can do yourself, (as long as the O2 sensor is not completely rotted into the pipe or catalytic converter) thereby saving you precious time and money. Lets take a closer look at just what an oxygen sensor does and the steps you can take to do the work yourself.symptoms.

Thank you Rajoana!

Hi Guys,

Need your expert advice.

Went to Komoco to look at the braking problem.

was quoted about 4K to replace the ABS Pump.

Is this the usual price?

Is there an cheaper alternative.

Thank you and best regards

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I suggest u go to Ming Ghee.Original parts and best get it fix by ur workshop n i believe u will save for abt 50% of ur wallet.

Well.....really up to u. But can consider some of this things.

1)Your picanto's cond. & parts availability?

2)Renew COE lose min parf benefits.

3)Rd tax will up 10% every yr after renewing COE.

4)If u decide to change car, your resale value is going to be very much decided on market demands after renewing COE. So better to keep it for the last 5 yrs.

5)If u decided on avante....your running cost will be higher than your picanto such as road tax. maybe a little bit more on the fuel as well.

6) cond of avante hopefully u r some what familiar with the car and dun get a lemmon.

7)compare the depriciation of the avante and the picanto after renewing the COE.

all pts might help you to decide

Hi Bro

I am thinking of buying 2008 Avante 1.6M , should I go ahead or renew my KIA Picanto for another 5 years?

Edited by Rajoana

Well.....really up to u. But can consider some of this things.

1)Your picanto's cond. & parts availability?

2)Renew COE lose min parf benefits.

3)Rd tax will up 10% every yr after renewing COE.

4)If u decide to change car, your resale value is going to be very much decided on market demands after renewing COE. So better to keep it for the last 5 yrs.

5)If u decided on avante....your running cost will be higher than your picanto such as road tax. maybe a little bit more on the fuel as well.

6) cond of avante hopefully u r some what familiar with the car and dun get a lemmon.

7)compare the depriciation of the avante and the picanto after renewing the COE.

all pts might help you to decide

Thanks brother!

Anyone change the absorber before? Should I use back the original parts ? Workshop in Msia advices me to use OEM brand called APM... Wonder anyone have any first hand experience in this?

OEM best. Dun use simi APM, PM, DPM etc. These are not reliable

Anyone change the absorber before? Should I use back the original parts ? Workshop in Msia advices me to use OEM brand called APM... Wonder anyone have any first hand experience in this?

• Praise 1

try autosaver.... there's a branch on woodlands... somewhere in the industrial area... u can google autosaver to find out the exact loaction

Hi,

Anyone can intro a WS for Avanate Major servicing and some check on the car? Prefer WS in north.

Just purchase a 2nd hand Avante and would like to do a major servicing and checks on the car to make sure it's working well.

I've got a prob wif my 2009 ride... its a opc n milage is 52k only.... when travelling on rough road, there's always a noise... its like for normal car travelling on rough roads but its louder.... seems like coming from the rear bottom.... I've recently just changed my front and rear shocks and all 4 tyres.... tyres noise is lesser but the road noise when on rough road is still the same loudness... even louder than when I'm driving my company van.... any bros got any advise to dis??

I've got a prob wif my 2009 ride... its a opc n milage is 52k only.... when travelling on rough road, there's always a noise... its like for normal car travelling on rough roads but its louder.... seems like coming from the rear bottom.... I've recently just changed my front and rear shocks and all 4 tyres.... tyres noise is lesser but the road noise when on rough road is still the same loudness... even louder than when I'm driving my company van.... any bros got any advise to dis??

What is the tell sign to change the shocks? To change only rear pair or front pair or all four together?

Supercharged

What is the tell sign to change the shocks? To change only rear pair or front pair or all four together?

Soft cluck when going over humps? Could be the urethane bump stop. Mine were changed during warranty period.

was told by my mech that both front n back got leak.... but he did tell me its not so serious yet, so on the next servicing I juz changed it

Soft cluck when going over humps? Could be the urethane bump stop. Mine were changed during warranty period.

I normally go over hump v gently... so far haf not heard anything when goin over hump

During warranty period??? Within 3 years already kong?

Supercharged

During warranty period??? Within 3 years already kong?

Think the original stock ones were rubber or the wrong height.

↡ Advertisement