Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

I've got a prob wif my 2009 ride... its a opc n milage is 52k only.... when travelling on rough road, there's always a noise... its like for normal car travelling on rough roads but its louder.... seems like coming from the rear bottom.... I've recently just changed my front and rear shocks and all 4 tyres.... tyres noise is lesser but the road noise when on rough road is still the same loudness... even louder than when I'm driving my company van.... any bros got any advise to dis??

It could be the wheel bearing that required to be change. I have the same issues with my nissan latio. Noise coming from my back tyres. As per my mechanic no safety issues and if I can live with the noise, leave it as my car coe is due early next year. Car sounded like subaru at 80km/h!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Think the original stock ones were rubber or the wrong height.

Just bought the rear shock ($75)+ stopper ($25)+ mounting ($65) = 1set only cost $165!! per side. [sweatdrop]

It could be the wheel bearing that required to be change. I have the same issues with my nissan latio. Noise coming from my back tyres. As per my mechanic no safety issues and if I can live with the noise, leave it as my car coe is due early next year. Car sounded like subaru at 80km/h!!!

Ya, just on the car radio loud enough so that we do not hear the noise. No point repair if car expiring soon.

Neutral Newbie

My rubber base antenna mounting has disintegrated. I realise that this was a common problem faced by most Avante owners. Anyone know where I can get a replacement part?

My rubber base antenna mounting has disintegrated. I realise that this was a common problem faced by most Avante owners. Anyone know where I can get a replacement part?

Mine too... I wonder leaving it like dat will cause water to seep into the trunk or not ...

You can get from Song Yi.

Just checked with SY, u can't get just the rubber alone... It comes together with the whole antenna in one set cost $45... As told, a lot ppl r ordering it.

Just checked with SY, u can't get just the rubber alone... It comes together with the whole antenna in one set cost $45... As told, a lot ppl r ordering it.

Yap, you have to get the whole module. Cant get the rubber alone.

Supersonic

Have noticed that how come used forte cost more than avante, if you compared with a same year registration date?

Supercharged

According to Komoco, rainwater entering the hole drains out above the rear tyre well and onto the road -- no accumulation in spare tyre well. What I did was cut away the rotting rubber base and put several layers of black heatshrink tube on the 'antenna' so it won't rattle. The antenna is a dummy anyway. The real one is the Bosch thing at top left of front windscreen.

Neutral Newbie

Dear guys,

Anyone have any idea which sensor is for error P0172, System too rich bank 1.

Is it the O2 sensor at the engine side or sensor at exhaust? And where is the sensor located exactly and is it possible to DIY with parts from Song Yi?

Please help...

Supercharged

Hi, anyone can enlighten me how to remove the third brake light to replace the blown bulb(avante). Thanks in advance.

Access is from the boot. Turn bulb holder/connector a quart turn and it should come off. Replace with T10 LED bulb if you have one; they last longer.

Hi, anyone can enlighten me how to remove the third brake light to replace the blown bulb(avante). Thanks in advance.

Access is from the boot. Turn bulb holder/connector a quarter turn and it should come off. Replace with T10 LED bulb if you have one; they last longer.

Neutral Newbie

Tried and changed PCV valve on Tuesday and one day without engine check light but today half day, check light again. Car not jerky so spark plugs and ignition coils should be OK. Just changed fuel filter 2 weeks ago also due to check light but does not solve issue.

Anyway, PCV valve got 2 type for standard Avante and 09 Avante. Got it less than 20 at Song Yi.

Guys, any other things I can check for engine check light?

Check your PCV valve condition it could what be cause the code. its a cheap item.

post-74546-0-62235000-1441297706_thumb.jpg

post-74546-0-14553300-1441297742_thumb.jpg

post-74546-0-59346800-1441297776_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement