Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Hi Bros & Sis,

May I know what is the normal coolant temp of our car? Cos I was given a scan gauge and when I hook up to the car, it show 96C when idling and 93C when moving.

Is it normal?

Thank for your feedback.  [:)]

I have the same device. Your readings are within the normal operating temp range, so there's no need to be concerned.

↡ Advertisement

I have the same device. Your readings are within the normal operating temp range, so there's no need to be concerned.

Hi Dinkydong,

So it is normal, okay  [thumbsup]

Thank you

recently i did a routine service at kmc. 

Not sure if related.

After that twice during cold start engine had a very strong vibration immediatly after cranking. and the second time the engine stalled and the vibration was much more.

but been a few days havent experienced that again.

anyone had such experiences?

Hi Rajoana have you resolved this problem? 

I am driving a 2009 i30 and I faced similar problems. Brought my ride to a workshop and was shown that one of the spark plug was wet due to a leak in the engine block. changed the gasket. 

FC dropped from 12km/l to 10km/l over 2 tanks. The problem did happened once so far after the replacement of gasket. 

Workshop said might be a seal in the engine block damaged. if that's the case will require a top overhaul... 

Any idea how much will that cost? i only got the ride for 2 months. Workshop said can claim lemon law (but i doubt so and dread the process). 

Hi Rajoana have you resolved this problem? 

I am driving a 2009 i30 and I faced similar problems. Brought my ride to a workshop and was shown that one of the spark plug was wet due to a leak in the engine block. changed the gasket. 

FC dropped from 12km/l to 10km/l over 2 tanks. The problem did happened once so far after the replacement of gasket. 

Workshop said might be a seal in the engine block damaged. if that's the case will require a top overhaul... 

Any idea how much will that cost? i only got the ride for 2 months. Workshop said can claim lemon law (but i doubt so and dread the process). 

well for me it was a 1 or 2 off thing didn't happened again. though my e.o. level has dropped after this servicing abt 7k now.

thanks for sharing, will check my sparkplug next week. hopefully they r dry. though i know my block gasket is leak but  doubt is the cause of the dropped in e.o.

As for your case....i believe they change cam gasket? the seals refering to valve seals?

yar consumption inproved after changing this gasket?

i doubt so it did

Edited by Rajoana

well for me it was a 1 or 2 off thing didn't happened again. though my e.o. level has dropped after this servicing abt 7k now.

thanks for sharing, will check my sparkplug next week. hopefully they r dry. though i know my block gasket is leak but  doubt is the cause of the dropped in e.o.

As for your case....i believe they change cam gasket? the seals refering to valve seals?

yar consumption inproved after changing this gasket?

i doubt so it did

Maybe the EO got burn up by the spark plug if it leaks into it. 

I am not very familiar with the technical terms. But I think u are right. I was told that the valve seals will require an overhaul of the engine. 

Consumption dropped after the changing of gasket. from 12 to 9~10. Same driving style. 

Maybe the EO got burn up by the spark plug if it leaks into it. 

I am not very familiar with the technical terms. But I think u are right. I was told that the valve seals will require an overhaul of the engine. 

Consumption dropped after the changing of gasket. from 12 to 9~10. Same driving style. 

i see.....thats going to cost much more.

maybe the fc increasing might be something else....its too drastic a change.

a bacis check would be if air filter is clogged?

Edited by Rajoana

i see.....thats going to cost much more.

maybe the fc increasing might be something else....its too drastic a change.

a bacis check would be if air filter is clogged?

Air filter is ok. Ignition coil is also ok. 

My work shop told me to monitor the situation. So far *cross fingers* the "engine hard to start", "engine vibrating and dying off" situation have not surfaced. Next month will have to do my 100k km major servicing. shag. 

Air filter is ok. Ignition coil is also ok. 

My work shop told me to monitor the situation. So far *cross fingers* the "engine hard to start", "engine vibrating and dying off" situation have not surfaced. Next month will have to do my 100k km major servicing. shag. 

another thing is cld be cam or crank sensor.....

a friend of mine too had this prob. hard to start and then one day cannot start. 

can't remember was one of these sensors changed to solve it.

Hi,

Anybody have any experience (in terms of cost of repair) with the following issues :

Mine is a 2009 Avante Auto.

1. Suddenly, my left and right window unable to fold. Whenever I start/shut my engine, can always hear that grinding motor sound.

2. Rear Wheel bearing - When running on expressway, can hear something coming from the rear wheels (especially seated behind), the higher the speed, the louder the sound.  Although I have checked with Komoco (during my normal servicing), it was mentioned it's due to the tyre instead of wheel bearing.

Thanks

Cheers,

Hi, my '09 Avante radiator is leaking. Has anyone had their radiator repaired before or I have to replace a new one? Roughly how much is the cost for a new radiator? Thanks.

Depends what kind of sound...

for your mirrors auto folding.... guess yar gears internally gone....not too sure if can repair.

Hi,

Anybody have any experience (in terms of cost of repair) with the following issues :

1. Suddenly, my left and right window unable to fold. Whenever I start/shut my engine, can always hear that grinding motor sound.

2. Rear Wheel bearing - When running on expressway, can hear something coming from the rear wheels (especially seated behind), the higher the speed, the louder the sound.  Although I have checked with Komoco (during my normal servicing), it was mentioned it's due to the tyre instead of wheel bearing.

Thanks

Cheers,

Hi, my '09 Avante radiator is leaking. Has anyone had their radiator repaired before or I have to replace a new one? Roughly how much is the cost for a new radiator? Thanks.

which part leaking?

Hi,

While driving today, I felt a sudden bump during the auto transmission and withing few seconds 'Check Engine' light came up. I immediately pulled over and after some time wanted to move on but the car refused to. I turned it off and ON again and it moved but the gear wouldn't go past 1. I had to move it slow till the next traffic light and again it didn't move an inch from the traffic light. So I had to repeat the same thing again. Turn OFF and ON and move like it was on 'limp mode'. 

Please let me know if anyone of you faced this issue before. Is it something to do with the transmission fluid or the speed sensor?

Car: Hyundai Avante Auto.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

While driving today, I felt a sudden bump during the auto transmission and withing few seconds 'Check Engine' light came up. I immediately pulled over and after some time wanted to move on but the car refused to. I turned it off and ON again and it moved but the gear wouldn't go past 1. I had to move it slow till the next traffic light and again it didn't move an inch from the traffic light. So I had to repeat the same thing again. Turn OFF and ON and move like it was on 'limp mode'.

Please let me know if anyone of you faced this issue before. Is it something to do with the transmission fluid or the speed sensor?

Car: Hyundai Avante Auto.

Thanks in advance.

Bro, wats ur mileage n did u changed ur transmission oil recently?

Ot a bit.... was driving my avante today when i realised tat all my brake lights r gone... i depressed on my brake n all 3 brake light including the centre one did nt light on. But when i on my headlights, the 2 brake lights can on... only tat when i press the brake, the brake light remains the same as in it did nt light up brighter when i press the brake... any bros encounter dis b4?

Hi,

Thanks

Cheers,

Hi, have you resolved the mirror grinding sound? I believe its the motor for the folding mechanism which is faulty. 

I am having the same issue, any information on the cost involved to rectify / replace it?

↡ Advertisement