Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Recently, Komoco motor have a promotion for Avante spare parts.

Some of the items seems to look reasonable in pricing to me.

For example, I checked with Song Yi for the original shock absorber, I was quoted S$105 per pcs for front and S$80 per pcs for rear and the pricing is exclude GST.

So even though I were to buy from Song Yi and ask external workshop (I was quoted labour fees as S$40 per side) to perform the replacement for the front absorber, the cost will be (2*$105)*1.07 + ($40*2) = S$304.7

Comparing with Komoco motor of S$288, looks like it's a rather reasonable price and I'm not too sure Song Yi quote includes stopper or not.

071816.jpg

AD-wise, these prices r quite a good bargain, wc may either match or beat outside WS pricing. don't waste time; some more all AD jobs have certain warranty like 6 mths i believe. I took up their timing belt n fuel filter package (water pump not included) at 298 & 98 resp'y > a yr ago.

↡ Advertisement

AD-wise, these prices r quite a good bargain, wc may either match or beat outside WS pricing. don't waste time; some more all AD jobs have certain warranty like 6 mths i believe. I took up their timing belt n fuel filter package (water pump not included) at 298 & 98 resp'y > a yr ago.

Ya, based on the brochure, AD do have a warranty for 1 year. Beside, the trouble with buying own spare parts and going to another workshop to do the installation is an hassle.

I did once on the brake where I bought the parts from Song Yi and fortunately, the workshop is right outside my office, so not much travelling here and there. At that point of time (May-2014), it's definitely cheaper (front & rear brakes + labour -> S$213) than AD ($2xx just for front).

But looks like their current pricing for both front+rear brake pad <$200, which is reasonable again!

• Praise 1

You can try those neighborhood shops that specializes in car keys. Got one shop in toa payoh central near the courts side. As long as one key is working, they can copy and paste on the other key.

If were to buy used car, it is better to get the 2010 avante or 2011 elantra? Lol.

It depends on the condition of the car and which model do you like more....

Anyone know where I can make replacement key for the Avante? besides going back to Komoco

I happened to see a advertisement on a van. They have a shop in The Grandstand, Bukit Timah. It's the former turf club grounds. I can't remember the name but they specialize in making replacement car key remotes. Could google for their name under the Grandstand year page. They also have a branch in Ubi. Give it a try and let us know hon it went.

If car no problem don't bother to go for overhaul.

If really itchy to spend the money then go for a day spa

treatment to overhaul the body. If too busy to go

I can help go on your behalf. Car no problem then

overhaul got problem.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Like to check what is the headlight bulb for 2009 Avante?

H1, H7 or H11? (the big center round eye)

Mine car is now a one-eye-jack...

Like to check what is the headlight bulb for 2009 Avante?

H1, H7 or H11? (the big center round eye)

Mine car is now a one-eye-jack...

Low beam is H7

Hi.. 

I need some help. After driving my Avante (manufactured in 2009) this year, I realised that one of the indicator light is blinking as shown in the picture below

I am not sure what this indicator light is for. Have tried to search it in the manual but could not find it. There doesn't seem to have any weird sound or vibration coming from the car. Could someone advise what this indicator light is?

Thank you for your kind advice in advance.

Cheers,

post-174377-0-49596700-1478052868_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Hi..

I need some help. After driving my Avante (manufactured in 2009) this year, I realised that one of the indicator light is blinking as shown in the picture below

I am not sure what this indicator light is for. Have tried to search it in the manual but could not find it. There doesn't seem to have any weird sound or vibration coming from the car. Could someone advise what this indicator light is?

Cheers,

That's ur car alarm system...

Hi..

Cheers,

That's ur car alarm system...
  • Praise 1

This is the car alarm system indicator. Once you lock the car (armed) the LED is on. The LED is off when you unlock (disarm) the car. I'm not sure the reason for blinking.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1