Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Hi,

anyone can recommend me a workshop for hyundai avante (old one year 2009 model) servicing? preferably at west area, even better near jurong lol. some place that is honest. would like to do a thorough checks as its old and want to see worth to renew or not. and how much does it cost normally?

the last time i service my old car(mazda) cost around 50-80$.

at the same time can anyone recommend a good brand of engine oil?

West Side can Go to harmony motor toh guan
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

ECU failed. Saw the ECU board has burnt when the mechanic opened the board.

OMG, only 4 months to go.

Mine expires in July. Hopefully every thing is fine till then.

The last time my Avante stalled (though not instantly) on me at the end of last year. Actually, the alternator wasn't charging any more. As I drove, the steering became stiff by the metre until no longer can turn. All things electrical got weaker. Luckily, the car ended in a parking lot by the road side in Kallang, not in the tunnel.

OMG, only 4 months to go.

Mine expires in July. Hopefully every thing is fine till then.

The last time my Avante stalled (though not instantly) on me at the end of last year. Actually, the alternator wasn't charging any more. As I drove, the steering became stiff by the metre until no longer can turn. All things electrical got weaker. Luckily, the car ended in a parking lot by the road side in Kallang, not in the tunnel.

That is scary. What is your Avante's mileage?

Hi. Can someone recommend a workshop to replace gearbox oil for my Avante 2009?

And, is there a difference between gearbox oil and ATF oil? Kind of confused which is what.

Thanks!

And, is there a difference between gearbox oil and ATF oil? Kind of confused which is what.

Thanks!

Btw, my Avante has auto transmission.

Thanks!

Btw, my Avante has auto transmission.

For your case, gearbox oil=ATF oil= Transmission oil. Any workshop can do it, it's a easy task like changing engine oil, just go to your regular workshop.

• Praise 1

saw some 2009 Avante 5 years COE cars 25 to 27k around, is it worth to buy

It depends upon the condition of the car. But i would not pay 25k for Avante. The actual cost for the dealer to buy a coe expiring car and renew is 19K. If he resell as it is, then the ideal price cannot be more than 22 to 23 K.

It depends upon the condition of the car. But i would not pay 25k for Avante. The actual cost for the dealer to buy a coe expiring car and renew is 19K. If he resell as it is, then the ideal price cannot be more than 22 to 23 K.

May I know how you count the dealer 19k buy a COE renew Avante, 

current PQP is 26k around, 5 years COE should be 13k

May I know how you count the dealer 19k buy a COE renew Avante, 

current PQP is 26k around, 5 years COE should be 13k

The parf value of the expiring Avante 09 is close to 4900 to 5,500 and POP is 13000, body value 500. The cost should be around that 19K

The parf value of the expiring Avante 09 is close to 4900 to 5,500 and POP is 13000, body value 500. The cost should be around that 19K

the dealer's margin is too much,   

the dealer's margin is too much,   

some COE cars have an absurd profit margin but not all. I have seen some reasonably priced COE cars too but they sell fast. if they have repainted and done the seats, then we can add another 1300 to the cost. But what is most important is internal than aesthetics. 

(edited)

some COE cars have an absurd profit margin but not all. I have seen some reasonably priced COE cars too but they sell fast. if they have repainted and done the seats, then we can add another 1300 to the cost. But what is most important is internal than aesthetics. 

I think you can't control the profit margin... but you can decide if the depreciation per year is worth while or not lor... so if there's 5 years left and you've got to pay $25,000... that's $5000 a year on a car that's probably going to be reliable. Factor in about $500-1000 a year for replacement repairs on wear and tear stuff, and you're looking at about $6000 a year depreciation... 

Compare that to a new base trim Avante or Cerato which is basically better specced than the COE Avante... these new models cost around $70,000 (round up) and possibly including loan interest payment, should be around there. With the OMV around $12,000, deduct PARF of $60,000, you're left with $62,000 over 10 years, which works out to about $6,200 a year... you probably don't need to spend much in the first 5 years... so a brand new car is pretty competitive with these COE cars...

The only advantage that a COE car has is that the total value is much lower, so even with the mandatory deposit, the cash outlay is probably manageable for those in the marginal group, so there in lies the attraction of COE cars...

Edited by teomingern

I think you can't control the profit margin... but you can decide if the depreciation per year is worth while or not lor... so if there's 5 years left and you've got to pay $25,000... that's $5000 a year on a car that's probably going to be reliable. Factor in about $500-1000 a year for replacement repairs on wear and tear stuff, and you're looking at about $6000 a year depreciation... 

Compare that to a new base trim Avante or Cerato which is basically better specced than the COE Avante... these new models cost around $70,000 (round up) and possibly including loan interest payment, should be around there. With the OMV around $12,000, deduct PARF of $60,000, you're left with $62,000 over 10 years, which works out to about $6,200 a year... you probably don't need to spend much in the first 5 years... so a brand new car is pretty competitive with these COE cars...

The only advantage that a COE car has is that the total value is much lower, so even with the mandatory deposit, the cash outlay is probably manageable for those in the marginal group, so there in lies the attraction of COE cars...

I myself have an avante expiring this month. Not yet decided whether to buy another used car or renew the current one. The current one, i was driving for last one year and have spent close to 1500 in repair, ECU failed and sensor failed and cv bush changed. Being said that, if i renew the coe then my car\s depreciation will be 3700 per year. 

↡ Advertisement