Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Power lar Bro!!! Update us when you have fitted the new LED lights in... The GIF is cool... You took video then convert video to GIF is it?

Yes.

Video file is too large for the 4mb limit upload.

And video file is not allowed for uploading.

So I use an online converter to convert my video to GIF, at 25fps so it looks like a normal video playback and not look like a time lapse video.

↡ Advertisement

Yes.

Video file is too large for the 4mb limit upload.

And video file is not allowed for uploading.

So I use an online converter to convert my video to GIF, at 25fps so it looks like a normal video playback and not look like a time lapse video.

Oh next time can upload to Youtube and embed the video... might be more efficient... but thanks!

I had trouble changing the air climate filter . Because always let the workshop do . 

And now since I bought a spare , am trying to do myself . 

I know how to get to the area . But I am stuck because mine is a 2 piece filter . After removing the plastic cover  , I saw the filters placed side by side , can’t seem to retrieve the air con filter . 

Any YouTube video ? What I found are all 1 piece filter where you need to pinch the side to remove the plastic cover . Mine is different 

Edited by Newowner2009

1 hour ago, Newowner2009 said:

I had trouble changing the air climate filter . Because always let the workshop do . 

And now since I bought a spare , am trying to do myself . 

I know how to get to the area . But I am stuck because mine is a 2 piece filter . After removing the plastic cover  , I saw the filters placed side by side , can’t seem to retrieve the air con filter . 

Any YouTube video ? What I found are all 1 piece filter where you need to pinch the side to remove the plastic cover . Mine is different 

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/VveuFLX6MCs

The video is of shitty quality but read the description below, you will get the idea. 

Each filter has a tip at one corner for one to grab on and pull. Ideally with a long nose piler will ease the job of removal.

With reference to the photos I have attached. Either you pull out with your fingers or get a long nose piler to pull out the first filter you see. Take note: The filter will be abit tight and stuck so wiggle abit while pulling it out.

After removing the first filter, the 2nd filter hides inside. Grab the 2nd filter tip by fingers or piler, wiggle abit with pulling force to the right. Once it is broken free, pull it all the way to align with the opening. Just be careful with the tip as with the wrong force, it will break. 

Installing the 2nd filter will be abit tricky. Is better to get a long flat tip screwdriver. Don't use a screw driver with the grab head smaller than the opening, because if you accidentally dropped the screw driver inside the opening, lots of work to be done to retrieve it. Once you inserted the 2nd filter fully and push it left side, it may get misalign and stuck. You should pushed leftwards alittle till some resistance is felt, insert the flat tip as inwards as possible to touch the inner side of the filter and pushed it in properly.

Once the 2nd filter is properly fitted in, you can slide the first filter in. If the 2nd filter is not properly fitted (i.e. slanted) the first filter will have difficulties pushing in well. Hope it helps. 

IMG_20190902_175311087_ZDateMark.jpg

IMG_20190902_175421355_ZDateMark.jpg

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

Recently my aircon is blowing in hot air on lowest settting , especially on hot weather . After traveling for a while , it gets a bit better at the driver side . But still terrible . Passenger side when worse 

Went to a reputable shop and get quoted 200+ for compressor control valve . 

Is it reasonable ?

2 hours ago, Newowner2009 said:

Thanks bro . But think is stuck or what . The paper filter dropped by a few mm, causing it to stuck . Will post picture later 

349852C0-4B50-45C4-A361-F0B461D2E8ED.jpeg

As long as the filter is align with the opening. Try wiggling and pull it out at a same time. It will feel abit stuck initially. 

14 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

As long as the filter is align with the opening. Try wiggling and pull it out at a same time. It will feel abit stuck initially. 

V tough . Finally able to pull out after some card to push it up , and using pliers to pull 

The filter quality quite lousy . The glue actually melted and the paper side drop out , making it so tough to pull out . 

109FFCFA-618D-4542-8C7F-4C5A56D194C6.jpeg

D7B76770-8969-4C2F-82B4-632F3A82E382.jpeg

Edited by Newowner2009

11 minutes ago, Newowner2009 said:

V tough . Finally able to pull out after some card to push it up , and using pliers to pull 

The filter quality quite lousy . The glue actually melted and the paper side drop out , making it so tough to pull out . 

109FFCFA-618D-4542-8C7F-4C5A56D194C6.jpeg

D7B76770-8969-4C2F-82B4-632F3A82E382.jpeg

I see. Not sure if yours was being replaced by aftermarket ones or not because I haven't encounter such issue with my air-con filters replacement. I have been getting my stocks from stockist. Anyway, finally you are able to get it removed! 

6 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

I see. Not sure if yours was being replaced by aftermarket ones or not because I haven't encounter such issue with my air-con filters replacement. I have been getting my stocks from stockist. Anyway, finally you are able to get it removed! 

Yes . The last one is from aftermarket .

had just replaced it with original from stockist. How they glue the paper to the side are different 

Since it's on air filter. Let me share what I am doing with my air filter.

Firstly, I had been giving my air filter additional layer of 3M n95 filter.

Some months ago, because the 3M filter had collected quite some dirt, so I took it off, with the stock filter still spanking new, I didn't replace it with another layer of 3M.

In the picture, it shows the condition of the stock filter, after 7,000km of usage.

New one I purchased, I had layered it with 3M.

Difference?

Air flow less by around 10-20%. Expected.

Fresh air! You don't smell fumes or funny things from the aircond.

Screenshot 2019-09-21 at 7.55.20 PM.png

IMG_7809.jpg

1 hour ago, Stik said:

Since it's on air filter. Let me share what I am doing with my air filter.

Firstly, I had been giving my air filter additional layer of 3M n95 filter.

Some months ago, because the 3M filter had collected quite some dirt, so I took it off, with the stock filter still spanking new, I didn't replace it with another layer of 3M.

In the picture, it shows the condition of the stock filter, after 7,000km of usage.

New one I purchased, I had layered it with 3M.

Difference?

Air flow less by around 10-20%. Expected.

Fresh air! You don't smell fumes or funny things from the aircond.

Screenshot 2019-09-21 at 7.55.20 PM.png

IMG_7809.jpg

Where to get the 3M N95 filter. Dont smell fumes sound good to me.