Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Twincharged
On 1/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, CarEtika said:

Hi all,i have narrowed down to my choice on getting a coe 09/10 Hyundai avante car. Looking for a long term drive of 5-10 years of renewal. More for family and frequent drive to NSH. Do you recommend? 

Steering is light.  The car is light.  No issues BUT be very careful if u r intending to speed on NSHW.  Very dangerous.  Easy to lose control.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
12 hours ago, Contipro said:

please advise more info the symptoms and abnormalities observed during driving or about to stall..

Hi,

Usually the car will be at very slow speed, like at traffic light slowing down or about to pick up speed. Same goes for reversing when about to press the gas pedal. Afterwhich, it will take some time to restart the engine but got cranking sound.

55 minutes ago, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Hi,

Usually the car will be at very slow speed, like at traffic light slowing down or about to pick up speed. Same goes for reversing when about to press the gas pedal. Afterwhich, it will take some time to restart the engine but got cranking sound.

Have you clean the throttle body and replace the O2 sensor?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Acewin said:

Have you clean the throttle body and replace the O2 sensor?

Hi,

Not yet. Could this be the possible cause? Should I told w/shop to check these 2 things?  

3 hours ago, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Hi,

Not yet. Could this be the possible cause? Should I told w/shop to check these 2 things?  

Base on your symptom it could be possible and also I am not sure which w/s you visited and try to google those w/s that specialize in Hyundai.

Throttle can be dismantle and clean but O2 sensor needs to be replace.

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Acewin said:

Base on your symptom it could be possible and also I am not sure which w/s you visited and try to google those w/s that specialize in Hyundai.

Throttle can be dismantle and clean but O2 sensor needs to be replace.

Noted. Will give it a try. Thanks a lot.

9 hours ago, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Hi,

does it like engine rpm may fluctuate with some occasional quite violently?

then engine like run out of breath ?

and after that it may difficult to start back?

16 hours ago, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Noted. Will give it a try. Thanks a lot.

Yeah the advice given is good... cos this Avante & previous Elantra (which I drove) had these two issues... I had my O2 sensor replaced and the butterfly throttle valve cleaned by Komoco when I had the car for just 6 months... later I found out that it was a common issue... some QC issue... no more such problem after fixing these two items... my experience was exactly the same as yours... engine just die off at low engine speeds... sometimes I can't evey crank the engine to restart...

Anyway replacing the O2 sensor isn't expensive I think... nor cleaning the throttle valve... you can actually go back to Komoco... their charges aren't exorbitant either...

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Anyway replacing the O2 sensor isn't expensive I think... nor cleaning the throttle valve... you can actually go back to Komoco... their charges aren't exorbitant either..

thanks a lot bro. will check both.

Neutral Newbie
17 hours ago, Contipro said:

Not quite..but once stalled it will be difficult to start. Nevertheless I will try to replace the O2 sensor and clean the throttle as advice by our fellow friends here. Thanks...

13 minutes ago, AzmiAliAdnan said:

thanks a lot bro. will check both.

Try buying from stockists in Singapore - Min Ghee or Song Yi... they're authorized Hyundai/Kia stockists in Singapore... they can order in any part for you... just show then a photo of your car, if possible, your car chassis and engine number, they can check the exact part for you to buy and replace... or just let your workshop handle everything... your call... I always buy my servicing consumables from them... aircon filter, oil filter, and soon windscreen wipers... all original parts...

On 3/11/2020 at 8:11 AM, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Hi All,

Would like to check, my avante 2009 engine just dies off while driving at slow speed. It happened on few occasions recently especially when my car nearing to a stop (traffic Light). But I'm able to re-start my engine. What is the likely course of it. Thanks.  

Hi bro, it happen to me yesterday 12/5..engine just died off while im moving off traffic light, tow my car to workshop change ECU, drive out, at traffic light stall again.. Tow again, workshop check all ok, even ECU check all ok, den drive out again, stalled again while driving up slope my car just died off.. Kinda kancheong, mechanic come and change another recon ECU.. Tomolo 14/5 go go his shop n reset, let ses how it goes from there.. Siann😑

On 5/5/2020 at 6:46 PM, Contipro said:

Yup, once died off, tried so many times, cannot start.. Got crank sound... 

On 5/5/2020 at 9:14 AM, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Hi,

On 5/13/2020 at 8:45 PM, shahirawin said:

Yup, once died off, tried so many times, cannot start.. Got crank sound... 

could be cam position sensor or crank position sensors.

last time intermittent failure does not give fault code until it become very worse..

13 hours ago, Bbs said:

anyone know where to get 08/09 avante bodykit? mancando no more liao

Did mine at arashi jb.. But i did ask quotation at car beauty centre(autobay).. Can try there.. 

7 hours ago, Contipro said:

could be cam position sensor or crank position sensors.

last time intermittent failure does not give fault code until it become very worse..

Ya, so i change my ECU, camshaft, crankshaft, fuel pump.. Kiasu oledi.. Hate the feeling when car broke down😁

↡ Advertisement