Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

18 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Wah piang... that's too much lar... auto car tend to use brakes more... harder to engine brake... 

That is why. Longest lifespan the switch last was 3 years. The shortest lifespan was 2 years. My previous ride which holds for 13 years never got brake switch fail at all. Manual car doesn't need to brake all the time especially at traffic lights yet the switch fails like this. I don't understand because brake switch is something that should last a lifetime.

↡ Advertisement

On 4/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, Heartbreakid said:

That is why. Longest lifespan the switch last was 3 years. The shortest lifespan was 2 years. My previous ride which holds for 13 years never got brake switch fail at all. Manual car doesn't need to brake all the time especially at traffic lights yet the switch fails like this. I don't understand because brake switch is something that should last a lifetime.

Yeah agree... really weird... did you ever take it back to Komoco to complain about it?

I got same issue, first i change the ECU found there burnmark den stall again i change the fuel pump,crank sensor,02 sensor..den stall again everytime i on the aircon,so change the aircon fan..till now no issue..so check ur ECU,fuel pump,o2 sensor,crank sensor n aircon fan to play safe

Mechanic change everything type means he don't know what the issue is.

Before change O2 sensor just need to unplug it to have a look lah.

Not hard at all if he knows how.

:D

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Mechanic change everything type means he don't know what the issue is.

Before change O2 sensor just need to unplug it to have a look lah.

Not hard at all if he knows how.

:D

Mechanic definitely knows what his is doing.  Doesn’t  changing everything means more $$ for him! Hahhaha

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Mechanic definitely knows what his is doing.  Doesn’t  changing everything means more $$ for him! Hahhaha

True. 

It means car owner don't know.

:grin:

My friend 2009 avante ytd encountered this problem

car sudden jerkingness like throw clutch kind of jerk

traffic light move off when release brake pedal, car doesnt move off. Need to press accelerator

car no power 

engine light came on

called mechanic, say maybe ecu uplorry 

any inputs from fellow avante owners?

On 7/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, jayz89 said:

My friend 2009 avante ytd encountered this problem

car sudden jerkingness like throw clutch kind of jerk

traffic light move off when release brake pedal, car doesnt move off. Need to press accelerator

car no power 

engine light came on

called mechanic, say maybe ecu uplorry 

any inputs from fellow avante owners?

Could be throttle or oxygen sensors or even choked fuel line...

Hi guys,

I drive a 2009 avante 1.6A and last week, on the highway, the gear just jerked and I couldn't engage it in and so my car drifted. I went to road shoulder, restarted my car trice and it engaged but it won't change it's auto gear to 5th. 

When it's idle it sometimes won't engage gear even when I've put it to drive mode.

I brought it to my workshop and they said it's an ECU problem or Gearbox problem or both.

So I was quoted $550 for ecu replacement and $1250 for gearbox( if the problem persists after replacing the Ecu)

I have 2 concerns, hoping bros out there can help.

1. Do you all think it's the Ecu or gearbox problem?

2. Are the prices quoted reasonable?

17 hours ago, defuturo said:

Hi guys,

I drive a 2009 avante 1.6A and last week, on the highway, the gear just jerked and I couldn't engage it in and so my car drifted. I went to road shoulder, restarted my car trice and it engaged but it won't change it's auto gear to 5th. 

When it's idle it sometimes won't engage gear even when I've put it to drive mode.

I brought it to my workshop and they said it's an ECU problem or Gearbox problem or both.

So I was quoted $550 for ecu replacement and $1250 for gearbox( if the problem persists after replacing the Ecu)

I have 2 concerns, hoping bros out there can help.

1. Do you all think it's the Ecu or gearbox problem?

2. Are the prices quoted reasonable?

Your case different from mine... in my case, the car engine started to choke and die off... I could restart engine and drive again but then the engine would die randomly... in the end there were 2 issues, Komoco cleaned the butterfly throttle valve and then replaced the oxygen sensor... in your case, your gear seems stuck... so it seems like it's a gearbox problem. So might be the ECU is faulty and doesn't tell the engine to either inject enough fuel or open the valves in time to allow enough air in... pricing seems reasonable... are the parts new or re-conditioned? Likely for $1250, you're getting a re-conditioned gearbox which is fine... did you try getting a quote from Komoco just to compare? Then you'll know whether it's reasonable or not... alternatively you can call either Min Ghee or Song Yi and ask them to quote you the prices of the gearbox and ECU brand new... and compare prices lor...

The $550 quoted ECU board definitely is a refurbished one. My car is very very under utilised and will scrap in 2.5 years hence I'm going for 2nd hand parts.

Just hope that it's just the Ecu that needs to replace and not the gearbox. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, defuturo said:

The $550 quoted ECU board definitely is a refurbished one. My car is very very under utilised and will scrap in 2.5 years hence I'm going for 2nd hand parts.

Just hope that it's just the Ecu that needs to replace and not the gearbox. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

What's your mileage? 

Its not that difficult to check whether ECU is faulty or not by checking whether there is any output signal from the unit. 

But its easier and better money for workshop to say ECU spoilt and just change. 

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

What's your mileage? 

Its not that difficult to check whether ECU is faulty or not by checking whether there is any output signal from the unit. 

But its easier and better money for workshop to say ECU spoilt and just change. 

My mileage. Im going to collect my car now. Will post mileage soon.

Mmm yeah to be honest, if workshop say need to change gearbox I also lppl. 

But the thing is I'm now guaranteed 1 year of the problem not happening again. Can go back to the workshop to fix if it does.

Any bro here know what’s wrong with my manual side mirror . Suddenly become very loose, cannot lock into place . 

The mirror motor is ok . Just the manual casing very loose, until car travel, can see it moving and folding towards me .

any place to repair ?

↡ Advertisement