Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Anyone here had install isofix bracket to their car, mine is 2007 Avante

The car must come with the ISOFIX points... if don't have cannot install... from what I understand, the car must come with the anchor points already fitted to the bodywork under the seat pans... if those anchor points are there, you can buy the ISOFIX brackets from Hyundai and simply bolt them on... but if the anchor points are not even there, then you can't fit the brackets... some people recommend retro-fitting by getting a workshop to weld the anchor points down... I find that rather iffy... just use seatbelt lor...

Take a look here...

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1373444h

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/cm-2007-2012-santa-fe/117259-isofix.html

http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/can-you-get-isofix-hooks-installed_topic40669.html

My 2015 Sonata which I bought in 2016 has the ISOFIX points visible... each of the outboard rear seats has a pair of plastic flaps which are marked ISOFIX... and behind each headrest, is a top tether point... this is the universal type... you can read the link below for different types...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isofix

Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement

The car must come with the ISOFIX points... if don't have cannot install... from what I understand, the car must come with the anchor points already fitted to the bodywork under the seat pans... if those anchor points are there, you can buy the ISOFIX brackets from Hyundai and simply bolt them on... but if the anchor points are not even there, then you can't fit the brackets... some people recommend retro-fitting by getting a workshop to weld the anchor points down... I find that rather iffy... just use seatbelt lor...

Take a look here...

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1373444h

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/cm-2007-2012-santa-fe/117259-isofix.html

http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/can-you-get-isofix-hooks-installed_topic40669.html

My 2015 Sonata which I bought in 2016 has the ISOFIX points visible... each of the outboard rear seats has a pair of plastic flaps which are marked ISOFIX... and behind each headrest, is a top tether point... this is the universal type... you can read the link below for different types...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isofix

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone change their crankshaft position sensor before? Any idea where is the exact location of the part....

My car model is 2009 Apr Avante. Any possibility to DIY for this part?

Kindly advise....

Hi, anyone change their crankshaft position sensor before? Any idea where is the exact location of the part....

My car model is 2009 Apr Avante. Any possibility to DIY for this part?

Kindly advise....

Try your luck here

www.hemanual.com

Hi guys, i am thinking of buying a avante 2009 so came to read thru this forum. It really amazed me that this car is so durable. Anyway it left like a year plus so anything i must look out for the purchase..? Please advise... Thank you

Anyone know whats the bulb for the rear light for the Avante 2009? One side of my brake light does not light up so i need to change the bulb

Thanks

Anyone know whats the bulb for the rear light for the Avante 2009? One side of my brake light does not light up so i need to change the bulb

Thanks

Type is 1157. Best to use LED ones. More tahan.

The shock absorber was replaced at komoco few months ago.

The sound went away for 2 months and now it's back.

So I'm not sure where is the sound coming from.

Look out for Stabiliser link. Kenna before. Change a lot of thing that pin point to this. Don't hear the sound at high speed. Only at low speed. 

Hi. The air coming out from my Avante air cond begins to smell unpleasant. I suppose it is time to replace the filter.

After bringing down the glove compartment, I noticed that the inside is different from what I watched from various YouTube clips. There is no horizontal piece of cover where it could be pinched at one end to remove, as shown in the videos.

I could not find other videos nor website that could show how to access to the filter. I had tried to remove the big piece of plastic holding the glove compartment but could not.

Has anyone changed filter himself and is able to share how it should be done?

Thank you so much!

Hi. The air coming out from my Avante air cond begins to smell unpleasant. I suppose it is time to replace the filter.

After bringing down the glove compartment, I noticed that the inside is different from what I watched from various YouTube clips. There is no horizontal piece of cover where it could be pinched at one end to remove, as shown in the videos.

I could not find other videos nor website that could show how to access to the filter. I had tried to remove the big piece of plastic holding the glove compartment but could not.

Thank you so much!

Wah... I think quite difficult...

Thank you so much!

Unpleasant smell usually is due to mould on the evaporator coil. You can try to change the filter first but it will only improve a bit. Possible to take picture of the said location so maybe someone can advise you further..

Unpleasant smell usually is due to mould on the evaporator coil. You can try to change the filter first but it will only improve a bit. Possible to take picture of the said location so maybe someone can advise you further..

Here's a photo after removing the front (grill) cover.

I had checked with Song Yi. The staff showed me sample of the filter. It is not the big square piece as seen in many of the Youtube clips. It comprises two identical pieces, the size of which is like that of a VCR cassette. Each piece has a black rectangular frame. On second thought, may be I need to use a piece of bent wire to hook and pull out the filter/cartridge.

post-134478-0-93986100-1506530890_thumb.jpg

Look out for Stabiliser link. Kenna before. Change a lot of thing that pin point to this. Don't hear the sound at high speed. Only at low speed. 

i've finally fixed the problem already

its due something that is loose at the rear brakes

Here's a photo after removing the front (grill) cover.

I had checked with Song Yi. The staff showed me sample of the filter. It is not the big square piece as seen in many of the Youtube clips. It comprises two identical pieces, the size of which is like that of a VCR cassette. Each piece has a black rectangular frame. On second thought, may be I need to use a piece of bent wire to hook and pull out the filter/cartridge.

Here are the new a/c filters and the old ones being replaced.

It is in a pair instead of single big square piece.

The foul smell is still there albeit less strong. Guess have to send the car to have the evaporator cleanse.

post-134478-0-59277800-1506916352_thumb.jpg

post-134478-0-16635500-1506916372_thumb.jpg

Here are the new a/c filters and the old ones being replaced.

It is in a pair instead of single big square piece.

The foul smell is still there albeit less strong. Guess have to send the car to have the evaporator cleanse.

For Avante, there are i think 3 filters area. U show this is inside the car compartment. Yup 2 pieces. There a one for engine a bigger square 1 piece type. There is also another aircon or compressor filter long round type beside the radiator fan. Harder to remove/change.

My car alarm now dont make a sound when I lock or unlock. Anyone face it before?

I tried silent mode disable and enable does not work

I tried enabling disabling valet mode once a work it got the alarm working but few days later the sound disappears again

Any idea why?

↡ Advertisement