Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

My aircon oso have the unpleasant smell, will book a aircon cleaning session with komoco. Dunno effective bo.

Anyone knows where to buy the original wipe for the new elantra. Check with Song Yi they said dun have.

Looking to change the DRL too.....one side bulb gone liao. Dunno can change to white colour bo (LTA compliance?) :)

Edited by Popper

Yes, it is a good workhorse. I clocked close to 300,000km and disposed it at 8.5years. Items I have changed/replaced include:

1. All ABS sensors, one on each wheel

2. Overhaul of gearbox

3. Fuel pump

4. Alternating coil

5. Engine mounting

6. Aircon blower

7. Stabilizer link bushing

8. Suspension shock absorber

Aircon did not fail as I service it every year. All my servicings were done in JB at Skulai, Hyundai Authorized Dealer. All parts were purchased from Song Yi.

i need to drive 30yrs to clock ur mileage. Haha

Just sharing my ride and the issue so far coming to 9 years soon. Wow. Times fly

1. Steering wheel tok tok sound. (Leave it alone)

2. Coolant leak (repaired)

3. Solar film cui (changed to 3m)

4. Antenna rubber disintegrate (Leave it alone)

5. Side panel 's all door unlock function spoilt (leave it alone)

6. Reverse signal wiring totally cui. (Replaced)

Above is what I can think of. Will add if remember.

So far so good. Nv do any major servicing, cos opc and only drive during the weekend

Still less than 30 000 km mileage I think

Normally just change oil every year.

Edited by Newowner2009

Just sharing my ride and the issue so far coming to 9 years soon. Wow. Times fly

So far so good. Nv do any major servicing, cos opc and only drive during the weekend

30k km for 9yrs?

going to renew coe?

My ride is coming to 9 years old and it shared some of the same issues too; coolant leaked and corrosion at the hose, antenna rubber disintegrated and unresponsive central locking at times. 

The real problem was at the 7th year, throttle body valve spoilt which led to unusual high RPM of 3k and automatic gear unable to upshift to 3rd unless RPM reached above 4k. The following year, spark plug misfired and 1 of the covers for the plug spoilt leading to stalls while driving. Several months later, the car had problem starting despite the battery was still in good condition. Later it was found that the cam shaft sensor spoilt.  

Late last year, the car started to have that tok tok sound when going over uneven grounds and I changed all 4 shock absorbers.

Recently, my 2.5 years old battery died on me without warning. Luckily, I have the car power bank to start up the car, drove to the workshop and changed to a used battery since the new car is coming at the end of this year. Hoping nothing major will crop up within this last 2 months. 

Edited by Dreamer_toons

Huh... my pervious Avante dame lasting leh. Brought 2nd hand. Wack till 200k++ no major break down. Tat y i brought new Elantra, hopefully lasting too.

Neutral Newbie

Hello everyone. I'm driving a 2008 Avante S.

Are there any Hyundai stockist in Malaysia? Anyone buy in Malaysia before? If yes, please share address, emails, contact etc.

I'm thinking of buying wear n tear parts to replace in Malaysia workshop. So if any good workshop to recommend across the causeway, please recommend. Thank you in advance. Kam Sia.

For Avante, there are i think 3 filters area. U show this is inside the car compartment. Yup 2 pieces. There a one for engine a bigger square 1 piece type. There is also another aircon or compressor filter long round type beside the radiator fan. Harder to remove/change.

That's the air filter for the engine... it filters the air before it mixes with the petrol before being injected into the combustion chamber...

Hello everyone. I'm driving a 2008 Avante S.

Are there any Hyundai stockist in Malaysia? Anyone buy in Malaysia before? If yes, please share address, emails, contact etc.

I'm thinking of buying wear n tear parts to replace in Malaysia workshop. So if any good workshop to recommend across the causeway, please recommend. Thank you in advance. Kam Sia.

Pretty tough to get Hyundai parts in Malaysia... cos not as popular... not so easily available... just buy from Song Yi or Min Ghee... not expensive what...

That's the air filter for the engine... it filters the air before it mixes with the petrol before being injected into the combustion chamber...

Pretty tough to get Hyundai parts in Malaysia... cos not as popular... not so easily available... just buy from Song Yi or Min Ghee... not expensive what...

Apart from engine air filter; squarish, there still a long round type;cylindrical beside the radiator tank. More difficult to chg. For aircon???

Hi guys,

I am driving AVANTE 1.6A / YEAR MAKE: 2008 /MILEAGE : 150KM ++ 

If i scrap i would be getting around 7k . Therefore if i choose to extend my Coe, it will be around 30k ( 23k COE + 7k ). 

Currently my COE is till 27/02/2018. 

I am quite comfortable with my ride so far and no major problem with my car yet. I bought it this year Feb 2017.

I am thinking to either renew my Coe for 5 years or get another similar car : Vios / Avante / Civic.

Would really appreciate you guys to give some input on this?

I spoke to a friend working at scrap yard and they mention Avante is not known for its durability therefore i am thinking that it might not last me another 5 years. And also Avante parts is not so easy to find at Singapore i guess? 

Would like to ask you guys this:

1. Should i renew my car or get another 3-4years car?

2. Have anyone here extend their Coe for 5 years for Avante? Any major issue?

3. If the engine / gearbox spoil, how much am i looking to spend on repair?

Thanks in advanc! 

Edited by EltonTan

Hi guys,

If i scrap i would be getting around 7k . Therefore if i choose to extend my Coe, it will be around 30k ( 23k COE + 7k ).

I am quite comfortable with my ride so far and no major problem with my car yet. I bought it this year Feb 2017.

I am thinking to either renew my Coe for 5 years or get another similar car : Vios / Avante / Civic.

I spoke to a friend working at scrap yard and they mention Avante is not known for its durability therefore i am thinking that it might not last me another 5 years. And also Avante parts is not so easy to find at Singapore i guess?

Thanks in advanc!

Given the mileage and the history of the car, you should renew for now first. If really Cui until beyond repair, then scrap and take back remaining PQP loh. Wanna renew, do it by of Nov, which PQP is $41,994 for 10 yrs renewal..

Given the mileage and the history of the car, you should renew for now first. If really Cui until beyond repair, then scrap and take back remaining PQP loh. Wanna renew, do it by of Nov, which PQP is $41,994 for 10 yrs renewal..

Wa bro. Left 2 days only. You think that dec PQP will rise alot?

Hi guys,

Thanks in advanc! 

up for advice from fellow avante driver!

Hi guys,

Thanks in advanc!

First of all, the Avante was the best seller for one of the years it was sold. That means lots of people driving and so far no problems... secondly you can easily get new parts from the usual stockists Song Yi or Min Ghee. Can stock up and keep some wear and tear parts if you're afraid no more stock. For peace of mind, you could change many of the parts and do a good makeover for the car mechanically... then it should be good to go for the next 5 years at least... after 5 years you will likely need to change major parts like shafts and bearings, clutch, brakes, engine mounts, suspension shocks, etc... might not be too cost effective to keep it beyond 5 years... but having said that, it's still much much cheaper to replace these items compared to buying a brand new car... the trade off is down time lor... but if you have a good mechanic you should be good to go...
↡ Advertisement