Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Wa bro. Left 2 days only. You think that dec PQP will rise alot?

It'd already rose by $704. After Nov 2nd bidding, the Dec PQP amount is $42,698. It will continue to rise, because the next round will exclude out the $36,000 COE which was from Sept 1st bidding. Edited by Optramagnum
↡ Advertisement

This car is a workhorse and someone posted on facebook he clocked 500k mileage before scrapping.

I sold mine in May with 175k on the clock and no issues other than wear and tear.

If it's regularly maintained, the car will not have any issues lasting to 250k/300k at least. Just factor in 1k/2k for parts replacement and it's still cheaper than buying a brand new car.

It is indeed a workhorse. Apart from the usual wear and tear issues I had a faulty sensor and throttle body that needed to be replaced during my 7th and 8th year of ownership; nothing major though. 

I just traded in at the 9th year, close to 190k milage. It was featured on sgcarmart and sold the next day. 

It is indeed a workhorse. Apart from the usual wear and tear issues I had a faulty sensor and throttle body that needed to be replaced during my 7th and 8th year of ownership; nothing major though.

I just traded in at the 9th year, close to 190k milage. It was featured on sgcarmart and sold the next day.

u missed out the 90k km. advertised and sold haha

Thanks bro all for your advice!

I just send my car to my mechanic, he mention need to change a few things (including suspension, the arm bearings / wheel bearings that is connected to the tyre ) total is around 2.5k.  Pardon me, my knowledge of car parts is very limited.

Anyway, he mention i need to fix my steering wheel as it is making some noise when turning left and right. upon looking around this forum i understand it should be the coupling inside the steering wheel. he quoted me around $250 to fix this. any opinion on this?

Anyway, i probably will wait till next year feb 2018 to renew for coe for another 5 years. U guys think COE will be higher next year feb? or lower?

I just send my car to my mechanic, he mention need to change a few things (including suspension, the arm bearings / wheel bearings that is connected to the tyre ) total is around 2.5k. Pardon me, my knowledge of car parts is very limited.

Anyway, he mention i need to fix my steering wheel as it is making some noise when turning left and right. upon looking around this forum i understand it should be the coupling inside the steering wheel. he quoted me around $250 to fix this. any opinion on this?

Anyway, i probably will wait till next year feb 2018 to renew for coe for another 5 years. U guys think COE will be higher next year feb? or lower?

Just change whatever is making noises... at this age, best to change rather than have the car breakdown on you when you most need it or during a rainy day in the middle of a highway... $250 to fix the coupling not expensive... for the items you mentioned $2,500 also not expensive... if it includes parts...

Just change whatever is making noises... at this age, best to change rather than have the car breakdown on you when you most need it or during a rainy day in the middle of a highway... $250 to fix the coupling not expensive... for the items you mentioned $2,500 also not expensive... if it includes parts...

Edited by Optramagnum

I just send my car to my mechanic, he mention need to change a few things (including suspension, the arm bearings / wheel bearings that is connected to the tyre ) total is around 2.5k. Pardon me, my knowledge of car parts is very limited.

Maybe you should find 2nd or even 3rd opinion.. Parts' prices are pretty standard, but workmanship/labour fee is up to workshop to quote. I think you can get a lower price somewhere else..

Guess that's the legendary toktok sound for avante and forte models, Hyundai replaced mine for around 300 if I rmb correctly so 250 is reasonable.

For suspension and arms, better to replace if you are renewing the coe. You can buy the parts individually from stockists and pay for Labour in msia if you wanna save some money probably 100 bucks or so.

If you are lazy and comfy with the price then go ahead, I rmb the suspension and arms set was 100-150 each and you x4. Not too sure but you can call the stockists up and ask them.

I had the alternator replaced on my 8+ year old Avante on Friday.

The battery indicator first appeared on the dash board when I was on the road. I thought it was telling me the battery was getting weak. I kept driving for another 5-8 km thinking that after my destination, I could then go to the workshop.

I was wrong.

Other indicators came out one by one: brake, ABS, whatever. The steering became very heavy. Signals were very weak. Fortunately, I managed to get to my destination and parked by the road side. I called the workshop. The guy arrived, examined and advised it was the alternator that was breaking down. Therefore, not generating electricity to electrical system and not charging the battery.

So I have learned not to delay too long when indicators appear the next time. It is a warning.

Yes, it is a good workhorse. I clocked close to 300,000km and disposed it at 8.5years. Items I have changed/replaced include:

1. All ABS sensors, one on each wheel

2. Overhaul of gearbox

3. Fuel pump

4. Alternating coil

5. Engine mounting

6. Aircon blower

7. Stabilizer link bushing

8. Suspension shock absorber

Aircon did not fail as I service it every year. All my servicings were done in JB at Skulai, Hyundai Authorized Dealer. All parts were purchased from Song Yi.

Hey, Rayleigh. Roughly how much do they cost for a pair of front shock absorbers and engine mounts?

How many mounts are there for the engine? My Avante’s beginning to shake badly when stationary.

Thanks for the input and Merry Christmas!

Hey, Rayleigh. Roughly how much do they cost for a pair of front shock absorbers and engine mounts?

How many mounts are there for the engine? My Avante’s beginning to shake badly when stationary.

Thanks for the input and Merry Christmas!

I cant recall the price of shock absorber. For Engine mount, the cost is about SGD $150 and labour cost of RM120. My prices could be dated as it was done about 4 years ago, i am already 2 years into my current car. I would suggest to contact Song Yi for updated price. : http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11765

Yes, it is a good workhorse. I clocked close to 300,000km and disposed it at 8.5years. Items I have changed/replaced include:

1. All ABS sensors, one on each wheel

2. Overhaul of gearbox

3. Fuel pump

4. Alternating coil

5. Engine mounting

6. Aircon blower

7. Stabilizer link bushing

8. Suspension shock absorber

Aircon did not fail as I service it every year. All my servicings were done in JB at Skulai, Hyundai Authorized Dealer. All parts were purchased from Song Yi. 

Bro,

Can you share the address and contact of the Skulai workshop.

Thanks

Bro,

Can you share the address and contact of the Skulai workshop.

Thanks

GPS Location: 1.489665, 103.711007.

Address: 197;;199, Jalan Bertingkat Skudai, Skudai Kiri, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Do note that if you bring parts into Malaysia for servicing, you can be taxed at the custom. Can try to adopt cover and concealment. 

• Praise 1

Did a servicing at a local workshop who does a lot on Korean cars. I didn’t ask at the beginning, only to find out later they use a Korean oil for the engine. Was advised the manufacturers also use this oil.

Unless it is due to economical or commercial reason, why Komoco is not using this oil?

Did a servicing at a local workshop who does a lot on Korean cars. I didnât ask at the beginning, only to find out later they use a Korean oil for the engine. Was advised the manufacturers also use this oil.

Unless it is due to economical or commercial reason, why Komoco is not using this oil?

Who knows... doesn't matter what you use as long as the oil is good...
↡ Advertisement