Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

All Avantes came in without side folding mirror feature. This feature is locally fitted item.

As with any second hand cars, regardless of makes, there are always risk of unknown and hidden wear and tear items and condition. Because the next buyer wouldn't know how the car was driven and how it was taken care of by previous owner/owners.

generally how is the maintenance cost of avante vs vios?  

↡ Advertisement

For me I source spare parts from Hyundai stockists. I wouldn't know how does it fare against vios or Japanese makes. But from the costs of the parts, I find them reasonable price. And Avante is a rather easy to maintain car. I am driving one 9 years old model, but is a manual version.

Hi all, our brake light will not light up when you step on the brake if you did not turn on the cluster light? I mean when you turn the signal thing clockwise to turm on the meter and console lights etc. Hmmm?

(edited)

Hi all, our brake light will not light up when you step on the brake if you did not turn on the cluster light? I mean when you turn the signal thing clockwise to turm on the meter and console lights etc. Hmmm?

If you take a look at the ignition ring, you have a few markings that says OFF, ACC, ON, START. You have to turn the key to ACC position before the radio and head unit can function. Power windows and other electrical features become functional in this mode. For the lights to work, the key has to turn to the ON position, in this mode, the lights and aircon and fans will turn on...

I think I got the order of the markings correct... my current car doesn't use a key to start the car... so based on my memory of previous car...

Edited by teomingern

Brakelights should be ON the moment the brake pedal is stepped irregardless of the light switch. If it doesn't light up at all, the brake switch could be faulty.

Im nt sure abt Vios, but Avante maintenance was really gd. I'm driving a 9yr+ Avante Manual. Too bad can't sell to u becas I aldy gonna handover to KM nxt mth, for my new ride. Over the yrs I had only changed these parts (Dun talk abt air-filter/air-con filter/S plugs/oil filter, since these are every 10k/20k servicing must change):-

a) Suspension (X 4 on the 8yr) - cost abt $800

b) Compressor on the 8yr - cost abt $400

Tats all. Some-more, my Avante been using CAI and Hurricane filter since 2yr till now. Engine still running well. Gearbox oil I had nvr changed before (since its manual) and till now still gear change very smooth.

• Praise 1

Brakelights should be ON the moment the brake pedal is stepped irregardless of the light switch. If it doesn't light up at all, the brake switch could be faulty.

Because I couldnt see the back while driving, I can only tell when I am parking, like this morning parking at office basement, I look thru the back and did not see any brake light when I stepped on the pedal when on parking gear. I switched to drive and move forward so I can check again when I reverse in again also no light. But sometimes have light. So I was like wtf and asked here..

Humm ,,, am not sure wat u talking abt but ... as long engine is on, brake light Will Light Up whenever u step the brake irregardless wat u do to watever signal thing u mentioned. 

Mayb ur brake light blown bah, just go change loh, few dollars only.

(edited)

Because I couldnt see the back while driving, I can only tell when I am parking, like this morning parking at office basement, I look thru the back and did not see any brake light when I stepped on the pedal when on parking gear. I switched to drive and move forward so I can check again when I reverse in again also no light. But sometimes have light. So I was like wtf and asked here..

Tell tale signs of either the brake switch activation limit is off or the brake switch is going to fail soon. My Avante changes 3 brakelight switches over a period of 9 years.

What you have explained here, I have encountered. So is time to get it rectified soon.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Tell tale signs of either the brake switch activation limit is off or the brake switch is going to fail soon. My Avante changes 3 brakelight switches over a period of 9 years.

What you have explained here, I have encountered. So is time to get it rectified soon.

Ah, another bro driving same 9yr+ Avante manual like me  [;)]

(edited)

Ah, another bro driving same 9yr+ Avante manual like me  [;)]

Yes, mine's a manual. I have got friends driving auto Avante but their brake switch doesn't give them issues a single bit. Manual and auto version brake switches are different in design. After mine failed for the 3rd time, I think manual version brake switch could be poor in contact quality.

The reason I haven't want to ditch this ride is, I still very much like the balance this manual Avante gave me. Got the response, got the economy. Still loving it.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Yes, mine's a manual. I have got friends driving auto Avante but their brake switch doesn't give them issues a single bit. Manual and auto version brake switches are different in design. After mine failed for the 3rd time, I think manual version brake switch could be poor in contact quality.

The reason I haven't want to ditch this ride is, I still very much like the balance this manual Avante gave me. Got the response, got the economy. Still loving it.

Icic .. my manual Avante dun hav such problem. Only the brake light blown sometimes (changed 3-4 times i think in this 9yrs). But $2 or $3 only so doesnt matter.

Ya, our 2009 Manual Avante is really gd. Got the power and the economy for its Class. But then time is up la, mine 9yrs+ liao, so nxt mth she's going to the scrape yard le .. gotta say gd bye to her  -_-

(edited)

Icic .. my manual Avante dun hav such problem. Only the brake light blown sometimes (changed 3-4 times i think in this 9yrs). But $2 or $3 only so doesnt matter.

Ya, our 2009 Manual Avante is really gd. Got the power and the economy for its Class. But then time is up la, mine 9yrs+ liao, so nxt mth she's going to the scrape yard le .. gotta say gd bye to her -_-

If it's still good, no intention to renew and continue? Avante is a good work-horse (least electronic gizmos) and good engineering (multi-link independent rear suspension and metal cover for power windows assembly components). It was really value for money then. Edited by Heartbreakid

If it's still good, no intention to renew and continue? Avante is a good work-horse (least electronic gizmos) and good engineering (multi-link independent rear suspension and metal cover for power windows assembly components). It was really value for money then.

Ya, it was a gd car. No, as i'm in sales line, my Avante mileage is 200K++. I dun think she can last another 5yrs, so I confirmed a new car. Therefore nxt mth new ride collection I gotta dump her. Even my wife says this car serve us well. I'll take many pic of her before handing her over  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I just checked my brake again, there is light but it is not instantly but with lagness when pedal is depress and the brake light lighting up. And also some time I press got no light at all, i need to press the pedal again to see the light. Most lightly the brake switch unit?

I just checked my brake again, there is light but it is not instantly but with lagness when pedal is depress and the brake light lighting up. And also some time I press got no light at all, i need to press the pedal again to see the light. Most lightly the brake switch unit?

yes the switch at the pedal kaput liao

yes the switch at the pedal kaput liao

any idea where can I get the brake light switch? Seems like a easy fix that I can do myself.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Two things u do to verify:

1) Slowly depress the brake pedal. The brake light should come on everytime when you pedal has moved to the same point. If it ALWAYS lights up when your pedal is near fully pressed, the light activation point of the brake switch needs to be adjusted.

2) Same as 1), slowly depress the brake pedal. If brake lights light up intermittently or doesn't even light up at times, brake switch is failing or totally spoilt already. Replace asap. If it totally fails to light up whenever brake is depressed, on hazard lights when braking to warn drivers behind.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement