Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

On 10/23/2019 at 11:08 PM, Heartbreakid said:

I am not sure if what u r smelling is the same as what I had experienced before. Mine smell like mouldy, urine smell at times. Usually caused by the moisture within the cold air system. 

Usually I turned to heater and blast it about 10 mins prior to reaching home. 

Your case, could be refrigerant leakage, etc and hence the smell, better get a mechanic to check it out. 

Moldy smell can be rid of easily.

Just get a can of cooling coil cleaner and empty it into the aircond fan below the aircond filter, while having the aircond turned on at max blower speed..

It has anti bacterial content, this rid of the moldy smell.

I rid of the moldy smell of my aircond this way.

↡ Advertisement

On 10/23/2019 at 3:51 PM, silverdoe said:

Guys, I’m contemplating on getting a 2009 Avante. Any thoughts and recommendation? Is the maintenance cost manageable for existing owners?

I don't own the Avante but I own i30CW which has similar mechanical with Avante.

Parts are very cheap, cheaper than Jap cars, and easily available in Malaysia too.

Whatever problems it has, it's already known. So many workshops can handle it.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, thetwoot said:

Hi guys, new to the forum and a car noob. In July 19 bought my first car, a COE Avante 2009, and the other day the brakes became intermittently unresponsive with brakes sinking down to the floor and spongy and had a hell of a time stopping the car. Brought it to Harmony Motors Toh Guan and I was told either Brake pump or ABS pump spoilt. They recommended replacing brake pump first and bled my brakes. Asked me to monitor a week or two if the issue relapse. Now the brakes felt firm and seemed fine but I'm still feeling insecure and unsafe with my ride. Anyone encountered this issue before? Any advice from experiences? Pls give me some guidance guys...

On a side note, really lucky didnt get injured and managed to stop and activate towing...

brake softening up usually caused by cavity in brake fluid delivery system or weak seal within master pump.

So the usual process is

1. Visual inspection at brake lines and pumps for leaking.

2. Replace brake fluid, bleed at all 4 wheels to eliminate cavity. --> usually after this step, will bring car out to test. but for peace of mind, do (3)

3. Replace brake master pump.

I won't be looking at ABS pump at this stage, not at all.

As this is a used car with history unknown, it's always a precautionary measure to replace all the fluids (radiator, brake), fan belt, lubricants (engine and gearbox) when you got the car...

Hi All,

Need advise. My car vibrate during idle in D mode. When I off my aircon the vibrate is minimal. Any possible reasons or do I need to change any parts of the car. Possible cost for repair works. Thanks all.

50 minutes ago, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Hi All,

Need advise. My car vibrate during idle in D mode. When I off my aircon the vibrate is minimal. Any possible reasons or do I need to change any parts of the car. Possible cost for repair works. Thanks all.

Two things:

1st - Maybe a throttle body cleaning would help. 

2nd - If 1st doesn't work, probably the idling servo (which is located at the top of the throttlebody assembly) needs to be replaced. 

I wouldn't guarantee these two solutions will solve your mentioned issue but it sounds like is idling control related hence my advice. 

Edited by Heartbreakid

43 minutes ago, Newowner2009 said:

Anyone own avante HD?

how many times your gear changes before it cruise 

mine is 4x

the 2nd time the drag last the longest . Above 2k rpm , the gear changes 

is it normal ?

depends on how you define cruising? 

avante hd is 4 auto so naturally it will change 4 times. 

2nd gear is usually a torquey gear ratio to pull your car from around 20km/h onwards to around 50/60kmh. 

27 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

depends on how you define cruising? 

avante hd is 4 auto so naturally it will change 4 times. 

2nd gear is usually a torquey gear ratio to pull your car from around 20km/h onwards to around 50/60kmh. 

Thanks for the prompt reply . 

Meaning in d mode , from stationary to when we start accelerating , the moment the car move , it is in gear 0? If it switch 4 times , cruising mode is in 4th gear . Am I right ? 

Or start in 1 , cruise in 5th gear ?

12 hours ago, Newowner2009 said:

Meaning in d mode , from stationary to when we start accelerating , the moment the car move , it is in gear 0? If it switch 4 times , cruising mode is in 4th gear . Am I right ? 

Obviously you start off at neutral gear or what you term gear 0. The moment you step on the accelerator, the gearbox will engage 1st gear lar... there isn't a gear 0 if that's what you're trying to ascertain... therefore you start off by engaging 1st gear and the automatic gearbox will simply change up to 2, 3 and 4 under suitable conditions lor...

14 hours ago, Newowner2009 said:

i guess you've never driven a manual car where you gotta engage the 1st gear for the car to move. otherwise it will be on neutral gear. 

8 hours ago, ferrytales said:

i guess you've never driven a manual car where you gotta engage the 1st gear for the car to move. otherwise it will be on neutral gear. 

Haha. Since get class 3 license , never touch manual . 

I think I know already cos I am confused when ppl say avante hd only 4 “speed “. And old avante dashboard dun show the gear number 

Actually is change gear 4 times , can reach 5th gear 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:52 PM, Newowner2009 said:

Haha. Since get class 3 license , never touch manual . 

I think I know already cos I am confused when ppl say avante hd only 4 “speed “. And old avante dashboard dun show the gear number 

Actually is change gear 4 times , can reach 5th gear 

No... there are only 4 gears... there's no 5th gear...

15 hours ago, teomingern said:

No... there are only 4 gears... there's no 5th gear...

Sian then . Recently repair gearbox to fix other critical issue , yet this issue still remain .

normally , the 3 gear changing is at what speed 

eg,

1 to 2 , x

2 to 3, y

3 to 4 , z

On 12/23/2019 at 7:34 AM, Newowner2009 said:

Sian then . Recently repair gearbox to fix other critical issue , yet this issue still remain .

normally , the 3 gear changing is at what speed 

eg,

1 to 2 , x

2 to 3, y

3 to 4 , z

That's the standard gearbox of the era bro... sian for what? Ha ha... and unless your gearbox has a manual override, it will only show the gear in the manual override mode... not often you get the gear display when in full auto mode...

What problem still remains? Repair means? What did your mechanic replace?

On 12/24/2019 at 5:08 PM, teomingern said:

That's the standard gearbox of the era bro... sian for what? Ha ha... and unless your gearbox has a manual override, it will only show the gear in the manual override mode... not often you get the gear display when in full auto mode...

What problem still remains? Repair means? What did your mechanic replace?

Haha : just want the car to behave normally which the rpm will drop 3 times instead of 4 times 

it is not a serious issue . Even though the rpm drop an extra time , I did not experience loss of power 

btw, just did an overhaul 

On 12/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, Newowner2009 said:

Haha : just want the car to behave normally which the rpm will drop 3 times instead of 4 times 

it is not a serious issue . Even though the rpm drop an extra time , I did not experience loss of power 

btw, just did an overhaul 

The 4th time the RPM falls is due to overdrive... I know what you're referring to I think...

↡ Advertisement