Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Anyone got any good workshop to repair the steering wheel “tok Tok Tok “ problem ? 

Separately , any place also to repair power window issue ? One of the window now cannot open . 

Edited by Newowner2009
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

https://hyundai.catalogs-parts.com/#{client:e7dqgl;page:models;lang:en;catalog:gen}

Use the above link with your VIN to find out the more details of your Avante. 

Then using the same link and the part number of the aftermarket parts, u can check whether they are suitable for your car before you buy.

Awesome way to buy cheaper replacement parts online!

P.S: link should work for all Hyundai and Kia model, not just Avante.

Edited by CatBoy

Neutral Newbie
15 minutes ago, CatBoy said:

https://hyundai.catalogs-parts.com/#{client:e7dqgl;page:models;lang:en;catalog:gen}

Use the above link with your VIN to find out the more details of your Avante. 

Then using the same link the part number of the aftermarket parts, u can check whether they are suitable for your car before you buy.

Awesome way to buy cheaper replacement parts online!

P.S: link should work for all Hyundai and Kia model, not just Avante.

How to delete this repeated post?

Edited by CatBoy

On 11/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, AzmiAliAdnan said:

For point 1: can i DIY?

For point 2: replacement wise what is the likely cost damage im expecting

Ask your mechanic to check your engine mount first, it could simply be an engine mount problem. The diff between aircon  off and on is the idling speed, a bad engine mount could cause more noticeable vibration at low idling speed .  

On 12/28/2019 at 8:09 PM, teomingern said:

The 4th time the RPM falls is due to overdrive... I know what you're referring to I think...

This is what I notice at what speed the gear changes . Total of 4 times .

Anyway , I did a scan and there is no trouble code although the mechanic also cannot explain why there are 4 instead of 3 change

1-2 : 15 km

2-3 : 30 km

3-4 : 40 km

4 - Overdrive ? : 50km

On 1/4/2020 at 3:30 PM, Newowner2009 said:

This is what I notice at what speed the gear changes . Total of 4 times .

Anyway , I did a scan and there is no trouble code although the mechanic also cannot explain why there are 4 instead of 3 change

1-2 : 15 km

2-3 : 30 km

3-4 : 40 km

4 - Overdrive ? : 50km

Yup... that's about right... more or less the same with most cars in this category... 

Neutral Newbie

It's actually the lock up clutch activated therefore causing the rpm to "dip" slightly. Once lock up, the power from engine will be fully transferred to the transmission with minimal losses.

46 minutes ago, Edge_sg said:

It's actually the lock up clutch activated therefore causing the rpm to "dip" slightly. Once lock up, the power from engine will be fully transferred to the transmission with minimal losses.

Meaning it is not an issue but a normal function right ?

Quote from web 

“It allows the engine to turn at a lower RPM when the vehicle is traveling at higher speeds. However, when the engine turns more slowly it causes the torque converterto slip, creating heat. ... The solution is to lock the converter. Lock-up eliminates the slippage, which reduces heat and improves fuel economy.”

On 1/6/2020 at 10:57 PM, Newowner2009 said:

Meaning it is not an issue but a normal function right ?

Quote from web 

“It allows the engine to turn at a lower RPM when the vehicle is traveling at higher speeds. However, when the engine turns more slowly it causes the torque converterto slip, creating heat. ... The solution is to lock the converter. Lock-up eliminates the slippage, which reduces heat and improves fuel economy.”

Yes... it's normal...

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,i have narrowed down to my choice on getting a coe 09/10 Hyundai avante car. Looking for a long term drive of 5-10 years of renewal. More for family and frequent drive to NSH. Do you recommend? 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, CarEtika said:

Hi all,i have narrowed down to my choice on getting a coe 09/10 Hyundai avante car. Looking for a long term drive of 5-10 years of renewal. More for family and frequent drive to NSH. Do you recommend? 

If you can get a good one, it's definitely worthwhile to keep. Maintenance is very low, especially if you buy original parts from stockists in Singapore and service in Malaysia. Definitely no issue. Always try to go for one with as low mileage as possible lor and and as few owners as possible lor... best is buy from an owner who renewed the COE and wanted to keep it but changed his or her mind later... external knocks and dinks not too important - you can fix it if and when you choose to re-spray the car - again Malaysia is good and cheap. Most important is to check the engine that it is not leaking lor otherwise you have to spend a few thousand dollars to overhaul the engine. Get the car checked by your own mechanic or send to those car inspection sites or to AA lor... if you know someone with AA membership can tumpang and get some discount I think.

Hi All,

Would like to check, my avante 2009 engine just dies off while driving at slow speed. It happened on few occasions recently especially when my car nearing to a stop (traffic Light). But I'm able to re-start my engine. What is the likely course of it. Thanks.  

8 hours ago, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Hi All,

Would like to check, my avante 2009 engine just dies off while driving at slow speed. It happened on few occasions recently especially when my car nearing to a stop (traffic Light). But I'm able to re-start my engine. What is the likely course of it. Thanks.  

Spark plugs or sensor issue...

Neutral Newbie
On 3/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, teomingern said:

Hi All,

Hi All,

Having the same problem again. Went to w/shop initially and found out the ECU burnt. Replaced but the problem persisted. When stalled, the indicator light for low oil pressure, charging system & EPS lighted up. Went again to w/shop but they are unable to find the root cause. FYI, I've changed the battery and sparkplug Any of you guys encounter such issue??

3 hours ago, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Hi All,

Having the same problem again. Went to w/shop initially and found out the ECU burnt. Replaced but the problem persisted. When stalled, the indicator light for low oil pressure, charging system & EPS lighted up. Went again to w/shop but they are unable to find the root cause. FYI, I've changed the battery and sparkplug Any of you guys encounter such issue??

please advise more info the symptoms and abnormalities observed during driving or about to stall... 

↡ Advertisement