Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Happy New Year Everyone! I've a question. My old avante have some locking problem. Using my car key to centralise locked all door from driver side, all but 1 from front passenger side did not lock.have to individually lock it. How much will it cost to actually repair it?any w/shop to repair this?TIA

↡ Advertisement

On 1/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, AzmiAliAdnan said:

Happy New Year Everyone! I've a question. My old avante have some locking problem. Using my car key to centralise locked all door from driver side, all but 1 from front passenger side did not lock.have to individually lock it. How much will it cost to actually repair it?any w/shop to repair this?TIA

Any workshop will do... they will replace the motor gun that drives the lock...

Neutral Newbie

My avante 2009 engine stall when idling 

Steering don't not feel heavy or locked

Sometime no problem at all

Engine oil battery and eps light all on 

Any bro have ideas what's the fault 

20210228_124008.jpg

Edited by VynnOng

1 hour ago, VynnOng said:

20210228_124008.jpg

My first suspicion will be fuel pump & filter were choked or failure. When was it last inspected or change? Does your rpm stable during idling for the last few weeks? Do you suspect your igniter coil have problem since the car already above 11yrs old?

Neutral Newbie

Rpm stable still able to crank start everytime after stall 

Last serviced at harmony to replace most of the wear and tear parts

Fuel pump and filter I'm not so sure 

(edited)
22 hours ago, VynnOng said:

20210228_124008.jpg

I got same issue, first i change the ECU found there burnmark den stall again i change the fuel pump,crank sensor,02 sensor..den stall again everytime i on the aircon,so change the aircon fan..till now no issue..so check ur ECU,fuel pump,o2 sensor,crank sensor n aircon fan to play safe

Edited by shahirawin

20 hours ago, shahirawin said:

I got same issue, first i change the ECU found there burnmark den stall again i change the fuel pump,crank sensor,02 sensor..den stall again everytime i on the aircon,so change the aircon fan..till now no issue..so check ur ECU,fuel pump,o2 sensor,crank sensor n aircon fan to play safe

Looks like your mechanic have very little knowledge on systematic trouble shooting , to me he is a "fisherman ". The next thing you know he will adv you to replace the vehicle.

• Praise 1

If he says change car come to jamesc quality used cars at affordable prices.

Special discount for MCF members.

:D

5 hours ago, Yeobh said:

Looks like your mechanic have very little knowledge on systematic trouble shooting , to me he is a "fisherman ". The next thing you know he will adv you to replace the vehicle.

10years old car what u expect..be prepared face the issue..btw my car 1 year no issue already, thanks to my "fisherman".

Neutral Newbie
On 8/20/2020 at 2:29 PM, Flatline said:

Sorry, forgot to add that diagnostics shows #4 misfire, had switched plug and ignition coil. Second check shows same #4 misfire. Currently using 95. Will ask ws to check the sensors. Thanks for the info. 

@Flatline  Hi, have you resolved your issues? Can advise on what is the cause?

This morning I went to rectify my 2009 Avante's steering knocking sound and feel when turning. I replaced it when my car was at around 80k km? Now that my mileage is at 170k km, it has to be replaced again. Probably the bushing has a lifespan of 80k km or so. Thankfully it was a fast job of less than an hour and need not removed the entire steering column for it. From the photos, you can see it is pretty much worn out and the material has become softer. The new one, the material is harder. Price is around $300. Got it done at AMK autopoint ACM workshop. Got to say the work done was delicate.

IMG_20210415_094508.jpg

IMG_20210415_094829.jpg

Edited by Heartbreakid

7 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

This morning I went to rectify my 2009 Avante's steering knocking sound and feel when turning. I replaced it when my car was at around 80k km? Now that my mileage is at 170k km, it has to be replaced again. Probably the bushing has a lifespan of 80k km or so. Thankfully it was a fast job of less than an hour and need not removed the entire steering column for it. From the photos, you can see it is pretty much worn out and the material has become softer. The new one, the material is harder. Price is around $300. Got it done at AMK autopoint ACM workshop. Got to say the work done was delicate.

IMG_20210415_094508.jpg

IMG_20210415_094829.jpg

Do you steer a lot? Like drive up and down car park ramps a lot? Or make many right angled turns a day requiring you to crank the steering wheel from lock to lock frequently in a day?

10 hours ago, teomingern said:

Do you steer a lot? Like drive up and down car park ramps a lot? Or make many right angled turns a day requiring you to crank the steering wheel from lock to lock frequently in a day?

Steer for parking yes but seldom lock to lock. And seldom drive up or down the ramp also.

Edited by Heartbreakid

14 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Steer for parking yes but seldom lock to lock. And seldom drive up or down the ramp also.

Wah... then 80K wear for the steering bushing is a bit much isn't it?

Edited by teomingern
typo

15 hours ago, teomingern said:

Wah... then 80K wear for the steering bushing is a bit much isn't it?

I'm not sure, it seems to be at the interval of these mileage. If this is abit much, I tell you something that is even absurd. My brake light switch has been replaced at intervals of around 3 years. Is not that I am an excessive braker. I checked with those driving auto Avante, they don't face this brake switch failure thingy while mine's a manual has been replacing 5 to 6 pieces throughout my 12 years ownership of this car.

24 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

I'm not sure, it seems to be at the interval of these mileage. If this is abit much, I tell you something that is even absurd. My brake light switch has been replaced at intervals of around 3 years. Is not that I am an excessive braker. I checked with those driving auto Avante, they don't face this brake switch failure thingy while mine's a manual has been replacing 5 to 6 pieces throughout my 12 years ownership of this car.

Wah piang... that's too much lar... auto car tend to use brakes more... harder to engine brake... 

↡ Advertisement