Can/will china produce GOOD cars?

KARTer

On 11/10/2020 at 9:50 PM, Zxcvb said:

Was deciding between posting this in the MG thread or here. 😁

MG is a low class British car brand. Cannot even start they engine properly like Japanese car and get rusty easily. Is very expensive too. British MG is dead! 

Chine bought over and now is getting better. I like their MG HS. I also look forward their MG6 3rd gen. Hope the right hand drive will be available. 

23 hours ago, Calford said:

Chine bought over and now is getting better. I like their MG HS. I also look forward their MG6 3rd gen. Hope the right hand drive will be available. 

I think it should be available, since MG has a plant in Thailand and produces the MG6 for sale there for the last gen.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:12 AM, fungyee77 said:

Agree.  Frankly, I have been very impressed with the new Geely and MGs, which I've seen in person. 

Purely from an engineering/capabilities perspective, they are manufacturing the largest number of cars in the world, for the largest brands in the world via their local JVs, and paying above market for the top automotive talents in Europe.

Quality is arguably there or almost there.  But perception and acceptance clearly is not.  To me, it feels a little like 2012 in the handphone world. 

That said, while an early adopter may be willing to pay $1k to try a Huawei/OnePlus phone, but will be a harder decision to shell out $100k to try a Chinese car !

Price is not competitive.  Once again getting  the right agent for such cars is crucial.  At the moment,  I doubt they got it right. 

23 hours ago, Calford said:

Like n look forward is positive.  But will you buy?

the day will come. Just look at the mobile market. How different is it from 10 years ago? How unrecognizable from 20 years ago? Major players have totally reshuffled and even eliminated. The competition, the innovation and the direction has reshaped the market drastically.  

When the price is right, I will switch to an electric car. On day, I will benefit from it. It is quite like to be a China car, but it need not be a China Car. It is the competition that China car brings and forces everyone else to produce better cars to survive.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2