How do Ah Beng Handphone shops survive?

AhJason

Anyone notice that Ah Beng Mobile Phone shops are sprouting every where. They sell the same 2nd hand mobile phone goods, then the Ah Beng owners sit at counter slapping flies or playing PSP. Not much business.

How do they survive?

I think the same question could be asked for all those shops with no business. How do they survive overheads??

Puzzling wacko.gif

↡ Advertisement

Anyone notice that Ah Beng Mobile Phone shops are sprouting every where. They sell the same 2nd hand mobile phone goods, then the Ah Beng owners sit at counter slapping flies or playing PSP. Not much business.

How do they survive?

I think the same question could be asked for all those shops with no business. How do they survive overheads??

Puzzling :wacko:

Buy used iphone 4 at 450, sell at 600

How do they survive?

most business dont happen at shop front

How do they survive?

Export to other countries, my fren who runs a chain of ah beng mobile shops just bought WaterTown at a high price, that's how rich they are.

they making good $$$

i know one of the owner who open 2 shop at bedok.... driving big car but stay at small house...

anyway this guy everyday cheong.... and drink... and buy for all his friends...

my bf had wanted to join his business... but he told my bf he dont need any partner now...

anyway buy and sell hp stuff is good $$$$... i have seen a salesman come to his shop... a nokia org ear pc cost only $4 or $5 (sorry that was few yrs back when i was there) and he selling at $22... come other shop sell $25 or $28!!! i remember this... as that time he sold me one at cost and even show me the receipt...

even hp also very cheap... so can make some money... but best money making is buy in 2nd hand hp and sell!!!

they making good $$$

i know one of the owner who open 2 shop at bedok.... driving big car but stay at small house...

my bf had wanted to join his business... but he told my bf he dont need any partner now...

anyway buy and sell hp stuff is good $$$$... i have seen a salesman come to his shop... a nokia org ear pc cost only $4 or $5 (sorry that was few yrs back when i was there) and he selling at $22... come other shop sell $25 or $28!!! i remember this... as that time he sold me one at cost and even show me the receipt...

even hp also very cheap... so can make some money... but best money making is buy in 2nd hand hp and sell!!!

you bf no longer doing MLM ar?

Thanks. Interesting leh. I thought only IT/Computer & Cars have good export business to Indonesia or Vietnam [laugh] Handphone also can? What models they export?

if you consider one push cart or shop, it makes you wonder about turnover but the truth is that many shops in a location are owned by one fella, one main boss. As with most businesses, the balance sheets look rubbish when done on a daily basis. it takes a longet period such as on a quarterly or yearly basis before the balance sheets look promising.

the $ is buay pai

average got like $3-5k a month

they take ur hp,export oversea,1 piece easily 50-100

for example Iphone in China is 100-150 sgd more than Singapore

top seller is like 1000-2000 pieces a month where there's thousands seller average selling in 100s

Edited by Freestylers09

they making good $$$

r you rb

How do they survive?

I used to help a friend manage her chain for sometime. Basically their main business come from export. There are different kind of exporters as well, some regular, some come by randomly; they export to different parts of the world. You'll be surprised how popular some new/used phones are in some countries.

This also in turn determines the trade in price phone companies take your old phone in [;)]

I go to ah beng shop to get my phone, sometime somehow cheaper than usual SIngtel / M1 / Starhub shops. Some of them quite friendly and the service is much better then big handphone shop thro they look ah beng. I hate Singtel Shop, first u have to queue to get a queue number and explained to the guy you obj of coming to the shop .. then queue again and wait to be served by another ppl then explain your obj again, then if the person cannot help u .. then u will be referred to another person where u have to repeat ur story again. Worst still there is no seats inside the shop. I ever waited 1-2hrs to get my phone.

At Ah beng shop. No need queue, immediate attention is given, sometime price cheaper and trade in price also slightly better, sometime got free gifts and can bargain. They play hp everyday, so they know the functions / feature in and out. I think they explain the functions to me better than Singtel shop ppl. But i also heard bad stories abt buying phone from ah beng shop.