Switch from Iphone to Galaxy Notes??

Billcoke

I'm currently a Iphone user.

If I get a Iphone 4S or 5, I can easily transfer everything from Outlook to Iphone 4S. But as for Galaxy note, I wonder whether can the data be easily transferred to Galaxy Note via Outlook or you need special tools, and whether the transferred is 100% complete.

A part from the bigger screen, why do you prefer Galaxy Notes over Iphone?

↡ Advertisement

1. internet speed.

2. i can do all sorts of transfer from pc to ph easily. the crumblesome part abt iphone is itunes.

3. easily edit icons, ringtones and peripherals as such without having to JB. no doubt JB brings alot more freebies. but after iphone update it's software, i have to JB alllllll over again.

btw, screen size is not neccessary a plus point. a random person next to u in any public place can see wat u r doing on ur ph. [laugh]

anyways, im using the note. was a iphone user. LOL!

If I get a Iphone 4S or 5, I can easily transfer everything from Outlook to Iphone 4S. But as for Galaxy note, I wonder whether can the data be easily transferred to Galaxy Note via Outlook or you need special tools, and whether the transferred is 100% complete.

Outlook export to google contacts(available in Gmail).. google contacts will sync with your Note.. quite simple and fuss free process.. you can even edit your contacts details on Gmail and the change will be reflected in your phone..

I'm an Android user, so naturally i prefer the flexibility of Android.. (anyway, this is not the main point of discussion, and i don't wanna start a Android vs iOS discussion.. we've had enough of that)

1. internet speed.

2. i can do all sorts of transfer from pc to ph easily. the crumblesome part abt iphone is itunes.

3. easily edit icons, ringtones and peripherals as such without having to JB. no doubt JB brings alot more freebies. but after iphone update it's software, i have to JB alllllll over again.

btw, screen size is not neccessary a plus point. a random person next to u in any public place can see wat u r doing on ur ph. [laugh]

Thanks for the feedback.

Itunes QC the apps hence no virus and more stable too, but as for Android being a open system, any issues with virus or buggy apps that cause the phone to crash?

no problem, galaxy can sync out from outlook.

the only issue i face is my previous phone allows me to save many phone numbers of each contact while outlook has only 1 "mobile phone" field......hence some of the additional phone numbers are lost.

i prefer

1) not having to jail break

2) more chinese apps

3) prefer to use main stream connectivity like bluetooth to transfer files instead of a proprietary itunes/icloud system

4) dont like/appreciate the idea of microSim which presents a stumbling block when i need to switch sim cards between phones and tablets

5) hate the idea of using the Iphone "pick" to open up the microsim holder in iphone

I just ported over from Iphone to Google nexus.

Dunno what you mean by data.

Contacts, a few ways.

1) You can sync to google contacts.

2) Use this app called mycontactsbackup pro, easier and more portable. Just click.

Pictures

1) Save your iphone photos in your PC, you can easily transfer them anywhere.

But why you would want to take up limited space in your new phone with old photos is beyond me.

Music

Now this one is a bit more problematic.

1) I use an app called iSyncr to transfer all the songs from itunes to my phone. No issue at all.

You obviously cannot port over apps.

Whatsapp will retain your settings and chats. But no old msgs..

Notes got to save and email to yourself.

Apps got to dl andriod version.

I just didn't like being locked into the Apple infrastructure.

Other reasons, wait i write, will kena from all the apple fanboys...

Thanks for the feedback.

Itunes QC the apps hence no virus and more stable too, but as for Android being a open system, any issues with virus or buggy apps that cause the phone to crash?

not for me. *touch wood* especially since i d/l alot of nonsense..

u can download antivirus software from android market.

Outlook export to google contacts(available in Gmail).. google contacts will sync with your Note.. quite simple and fuss free process.. you can even edit your contacts details on Gmail and the change will be reflected in your phone..

I'm an Android user, so naturally i prefer the flexibility of Android.. (anyway, this is not the main point of discussion, and i don't wanna start a Android vs iOS discussion.. we've had enough of that)

My iphone is aging, so wonder what phone to get for the next upgrade, IOS or Android. No plan to start a war on IOS vs Android, but wanted to understand why you prefer Android over IOS.

My concerns are:

- Itunes QC the apps so less virus, but as for Android being a open system, any issues with virus and buggy apps?

- Transfer of data (contact, notes and calendar) from IOS to Android, any issues?

1. internet speed.

Some of my Iphone contact has several phone numbers, if switch to Android, would the additional numbers be lost??

Some of my Iphone contact has several phone numbers, if switch to Android, would the additional numbers be lost??

this limitation is caused by outlook le, unfair to attribute it to android [laugh]

I just ported over from Iphone to Google nexus.

Dunno what you mean by data.

Contacts, a few ways.

1) You can sync to google contacts.

2) Use this app called mycontactsbackup pro, easier and more portable. Just click.

Pictures

1) Save your iphone photos in your PC, you can easily transfer them anywhere.

But why you would want to take up limited space in your new phone with old photos is beyond me.

Music

Now this one is a bit more problematic.

1) I use an app called iSyncr to transfer all the songs from itunes to my phone. No issue at all.

You obviously cannot port over apps.

Whatsapp will retain your settings and chats. But no old msgs..

Notes got to save and email to yourself.

Apps got to dl andriod version.

I just didn't like being locked into the Apple infrastructure.

Other reasons, wait i write, will kena from all the apple fanboys...

For data, I mean Contacts, Notes and calendar.

this limitation is caused by outlook le, unfair to attribute it to android [laugh]

I'm confuse, but when we backup our contact for Iphones, those contacts with multiple numbers, if they are not stored in Outlook, then where are they stored?

as in one contact with 2 or more nums stored?

nope.

btw, i never use outlook. therez a prog in iphone tat backsup ur contact. cant rem what app liao.. damn.

the app saves ur contact into ur email.

aft, i use my note and open the email and got all my contacts back.

Edited by Rainbowbiatch

My iphone is aging, so wonder what phone to get for the next upgrade, IOS or Android. No plan to start a war on IOS vs Android, but wanted to understand why you prefer Android over IOS.

My concerns are:

- Itunes QC the apps so less virus, but as for Android being a open system, any issues with virus and buggy apps?

- Transfer of data (contact, notes and calendar) from IOS to Android, any issues?

- Most mainstream app available from Android Market are relatively clean. As for bugs, it really depends on the developer. How fast they wanna iron out. Android, being an open system, probably will have more developers using it and result in more bugs being picked out.

- Transfer of data. Contacts, you can sync to outlook, then export from outlook to Google Contacts. As for calendar, you can sync directly from iOS to google calendar. Notes i'm not too sure as i didn't migrate from iOS to Android. I go direct from WM6.5 to Android.

As for phone recommendation, Samsung recently release the Galaxy Nexus. The screen is only slightly smaller than Galaxy Note. Running on Android's latest Ice Cream Sandwich OS. Downside is the camera is only 5mp and you don't have option for external memory (internal memory is 16GB)

If you sync direct to google contacts.. then no, it won't be lost..

I'm confuse, but when we backup our contact for Iphones, those contacts with multiple numbers, if they are not stored in Outlook, then where are they stored?

if i not wrong, apple uses an icloud type of system and don't use outlook.

for your information, an App developer in singapore discovers that Apples sells users' contact numbers that are stored on such icloud system. there was an article abot this finding last week.

My concerns are:

your Q2, think i answered.

Q1, so far so good...

↡ Advertisement