Foreign Scholarships-Are We Getting Bang For The Buck?

Vulcann

We pay taxes, then goto pay for our Kids food, lodging , education and all.

they use our money pay for other people kids education, lodging and food, in the end they come back

and screw the hands that gave them all these. Cool

↡ Advertisement

自作贱? <_<

Willing partner in crime? <_<

willing or not the other 2/3 wants us to be gangraped again n again n again just bcause of the fear of

being penniless n what not as described by the fear mongering u-know-who.

i have seen scholarship given to children whose parents are millionares who bought overseas properties

near their child's university. who do we respect more, somebody from a humble background who

worked hard n scrape through U or somebody who have the means and studied in prestigious

universities paid by the masses?

willing or not the other 2/3 wants us to be gangraped again n again n again just bcause of the fear of

being penniless n what not as described by the fear mongering u-know-who.

i have seen scholarship given to children whose parents are millionares who bought overseas properties

near their child's university. who do we respect more, somebody from a humble background who

worked hard n scrape through U or somebody who have the means and studied in prestigious

universities paid by the masses?

Scholarships to these rich elites is like a trophy of pride.

So many of our dear leaders have gotten scholarships for their kids

If I'm your leader and my soon also qualifies for scholarship I'd give it to someone in need of it instead .

But then again I'm not your dear leader..

I also thinking [laugh]

Err.. but i give up the chance before.. ask me go denmark to work as planning manager... Then i only fresh out start work.. i was thinking, you are what kind of head hunting company?? i only start work less than 1 month.. you ask me go be planning manager.. so i can be fired cuttle fish [laugh]

got chan why dun go?

just get rid of this scholarship thing be it FT or singaporean.

nowadays, if you are a scholar, its like telling people i am atas/elite.

change the scholarship to be awarded to people who cannot afford school fees.

so next time when you tell people you are scholar, its like telling people my parents are peasent. [:p]

It does make sense. Elite people, their parents has the $ to help pay for their sons/daughter studies. Giving scholarship to them to me is wasted 1 chance for those whose family is poor.

Since elite has $ to pay for school fees, scholarship should be given to people who cannot afford school fees. [laugh] [laugh]

It does make sense. Elite people, their parents has the $ to help pay for their sons/daughter studies. Giving scholarship to them to me is wasted 1 chance for those whose family is poor.

Since elite has $ to pay for school fees, scholarship should be given to people who cannot afford school fees. [laugh] [laugh]

Ya total agree.

But ours is a meritocracy society.

The richer you are the higher level of meritocracy you're on.

Ok folks our senior parliamentary secretary was also "misquoted" & she will make a clarification soon [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

In an case HMA automatically comes into play for them <_<

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/...ory_770423.html

Foreign scholars: 67% scored high honours

Published on Feb 25, 2012

I REFER to recent media reports and letters from the public about the quality of international students and scholarship holders in our universities.

The Ministry of Education (MOE) agrees that the quality of international scholarship holders is important.

In the reply to a question raised in Parliament on Jan 9, MOE had explained that for the 2011 university graduating cohort, about 45 per cent of all international students were awarded second

upper class honours and above. Subsequently, in the parliamentary session on Feb 17, Senior Parliamentary Secretary Sim Ann cited this statistic in response to a query about the quality of international scholarship holders.

For those on scholarship, the proportion getting second upper class honours and above is higher than the average of 45 per cent, which is the proportion for all international students.

This is because international scholarship holders are subject to even more stringent selection and renewal criteria. The academic performance of each scholarship holder is closely monitored and the scholarship will be withdrawn if the scholarship holder's performance is not satisfactory.

For the 2011 university graduating cohort, the proportion of international scholarship holders awarded second upper class honours and above was 67 per cent.

Ms Sim will be making this clarification at the next parliamentary sitting.

Han Liang Yuan (Ms)

Director, Corporate Communications

Ministry of Education

Well they can say whatever they want. they happy can already just dont go around sending lawyer letters

Can anyone tell me the benefit of these scholars and how they contribute to Singapore? Anyone.

I not so clever to tell you how [:p]

I only know those tat reap the most of this policy are those at the top of the pyramid... those making at least 300k a year [;)]

Ya total agree.

But ours is a meritocracy society.

The richer you are the higher level of meritocracy you're on.

thats why they always say the rich get richer....

not to say poor cannot make it... but they got a steeper hill to climb.. thats the hard truth

Can anyone tell me the benefit of these scholars and how they contribute to Singapore? Anyone.

I only know they contribute to more votes count for Gov Party [:p]

↡ Advertisement