ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

yeah, I also suspect so

machiam live firing, butt party needs to repair target board

all cease firing

butt party proceed

bang bang bang

knnnn!!! cease fire!!! cease fire!!! who misfire!!!!

consperm DB

Using this analogy, if the procedures were all in place and the F-Up happened because a human or 2 in the chain went against protocol or just play wo-wo, it really isn't the fault of SMRT mgmt. or procedures then. Although ideally there should be some 4-eye policy in these scenarios (e.g. using the SAF range analogy, if the firer was being a cock and still aiming weapon the assistant should have changkol'ed his head).

Lets see what they will reveal in the coming days.

This kind of safety protocol is standard.

If you have your people walking along a track, absolutely no train is allowed to move there.

It's like if you have workers changing power lines.

Absolutely, every circuit there must be turned off before the work can begin.

Or working in a shipyard, hot work can only be allowed when all safety protocols are observed.

This is simply a breach in safety protocol, assuming there's one in SMRT.

In my working industry. We call this lock out, tag out. Normally the person working on it will lock out. Others will not able to turn ON.

relax it still a b :D

You know what B means in China? Maybe he is referring to that 'B'.

On another note, 15 people at one time with trains still running seems odd. Considering that if they were OJT they would need to crowd around the maintenance point to watch what is going on.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 1

Seems like they were supposed to do something on one track (which was shut down) then for whatever reason crossed into the opposite track which still had trains running?

• Praise 1

Given the recent incidents and sudden deaths, I think we should live life to the fullest and meaningfully.

Love our family and friends, including our MCF bros here.

• Praise 6

Regardless 2, 3 or even last. They should not be allowed onto the track.

Since young we were all taught not to stand too near the road kerb. Car might knock us down. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ok nothing much to cmoment here. Except to accept the fact and move on.

chill Bro...I read the news oso feel pek chek. We're certainly saddened by this.

• Praise 8

Given the recent incidents and sudden deaths, I think we should live life to the fullest and meaningfully.

Love our family and friends, including our MCF bros here.

Yes yes ... true ... i love u too
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

I need bros' assistance to help me understand the following phrase:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/standard-protocol-for/2626070.html

"Normally when that happens there's track access, they request for track authorisation from the Operations Control Centre. When given, they will then proceed to the track. In this instance, that was given. The power was supposed to be switched off when they reached the location but unfortunately the accident happened before they actually reached the site where they were supposed to do the investigation," he said."

so...what happens if the power was switched off? the train would not move anymore?

if not, does that mean that the procedure to prevent accidents from happening is inherently dangerous?

the purpose of their going to the track is described as "investigation". does that mean they were not supposed to have done anything that could have changed the outcome of events?

there is a logical leap which i cannot follow. please enlighten me.

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

i wonder what is the incident... time to go EDMW see see rook rook...

wa

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/breaking-2-smrt-staff-have-died-accident-near-pasir-ris-station-5328895.html

Unbelievable suck thing can happen in Spore 1st world country. Thought, it happened in some 3rd world country. How to aim for HK standard. With tis unsolved signalling,, problems after problems got to tkk.

• Praise 3

You know what B means in China? Maybe he is referring to that 'B'.

On another note, 15 people at one time with trains still running seems odd. Considering that if they were OJT they would need to crowd around the maintenance point to watch what is going on.

The 15 men probably comprises of different teams of 4-5men, including OJT, incharge of different technical aspects of the rail be it electrical, mechanical, signal, etc. In order not to waste time all of them are mobilized to investigate what triggered the alarm. You know how sensitive ppl are to long intervals of train disruptions or delays.

• Praise 2

I need bros' assistance to help me understand the following phrase:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/standard-protocol-for/2626070.html

"Normally when that happens there's track access, they request for track authorisation from the Operations Control Centre. When given, they will then proceed to the track. In this instance, that was given. The power was supposed to be switched off when they reached the location but unfortunately the accident happened before they actually reached the site where they were supposed to do the investigation," he said."

so...what happens if the power was switched off? the train would not move anymore?

if not, does that mean that the procedure to prevent accidents from happening is inherently dangerous?

the purpose of their going to the track is described as "investigation". does that mean they were not supposed to have done anything that could have changed the outcome of events?

there is a logical leap which i cannot follow. please enlighten me.

There is this walkway beside the track for them to walk to the designated site to perform whatever investigation. So even if the train is approaching, they will not be knocked down unless someone get on the track.

• Praise 1

The workers mobilize to fault find probably have clamber onto the track before the accident happened.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/smrt-accident-2-men-were-part-of-group-of-15-led-by-supervisor-and-walking

With the pics given by news media there were ample space to move along the track with ease.

smrtgraphic2.jpg

If we look at the SCDF officers doing their job it doesn't seem all that narrow.

37837948_-_22_03_2016_-_pixmrt22.jpg?ito

• Praise 1

Smrt prove me wrong if you dare.

" we will relook at the safety protocol. Safety is our utmost concern. The negligent personnel/s have been severely deal with by warning and monetary diciplined. The names shall not be reveal to protect theor family members".

The SGH, mindef (smoke grenade case). One template apply across the board.

I just saw the channel 5 news. Exactly what I said. We can be million dollar minister.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

In my working industry. We call this lock out, tag out. Normally the person working on it will lock out. Others will not able to turn ON.

Thanks, I was just making a point about safety protocols.

A lockdown or lockout will prevent any accidental turning on of power.

Other industries will have their own lockdown procedures.

If you go slack, then bad things happened and someone must take responsibilities.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1