ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

Turbocharged

Looks like people are so into JIS, that all forget about the MRT...

WTF, smoke coming out from the train, SMRT and LTA better come clear with what is going on.

This is unacceptable. Really too much!!! [mad]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

EXACTLY!!!

This was what I told my wife last night while watching the news with her. She told me maybe they waiting for instructions......... [hur] I told her, u see danger, u run first!!! No need wait for instructions. If it was some poisonous gas then how? She say she typical Singaporean, waiting for instruction from authorities. :a-bang:  [shakehead]

Cuz we are trained from young. Got emergency, first thing to do is wait for instructions first. Then move off orderly. Fire alarms don't work in Singapore. No one moves when they hear the fire alarm go off. I saw that happen in one office. The fire alarm went off and the shutters came down. Nobody moved. All continue doing their own stuff.

• Praise 2

First was water and now is smoke, wonder what thing will drop down from the train next time?

Edited by 13177

I think in general...all waiting for instructions, same as the S Korean ferry disaster... But that one worse, all kuai kaui listen to the nonsense instructions....

EXACTLY!!!

This was what I told my wife last night while watching the news with her. She told me maybe they waiting for instructions......... [hur] I told her, u see danger, u run first!!! No need wait for instructions. If it was some poisonous gas then how? She say she typical Singaporean, waiting for instruction from authorities. :a-bang:  [shakehead]

• Praise 2

I was watching the Korean drama Pinocchio recently, with storyline revolving around news manipulation by MSM, simply by shifting the focus to less serve / non-crucial part of an incident.

Can't help but noticed how KBW reply in parliament today are almost in the same manner. On the hairline crack issue, the emphasis is still that these cracks were not safety critical and the reason for not disclosing it earlier is not to invite more speculations or rumors. But I guess the general public are more concerned with the root causes and how they can be assured these cracks are not safety critical.

On the latest incident at Tanjong Pagar station yesterday, the focus is on breakdown of the 20 years old compressor, which he claimed was last maintained 10 days ago. The lack of proper emergency response at time of incident, leakage of refrigerant and it impact on passenger safety was skipped totally!

Brilliant!!

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 10

Maybe already have.....What is that proverb again?

attachicon.gifsmokewithoutfire.jpg

:D

Hopefully not ... else there would be major evacuation ... and the tracks would be closed for days ... major disruption ...

tor-long ... better don't have ...

Dont say liao......later all Channel U foreign drama with the plot involving the media tio banned,, :XD:

I was watching the Korean drama Pinocchio recently, with storyline revolving around news manipulation by MSM, simply by shifting the focus to less serve / non-crucial part of an incident.

Can't help but noticed how KBW reply in parliament today are almost in the same manner. On the hairline crack issue, the emphasis is still that these cracks were not safety critical and the reason for not disclosing it earlier is not to invite more speculations or rumors. But I guess the general public are more concerned with the root causes and how they can be assured these cracks are not safety critical.

On the latest incident at Tanjong Pagar station yesterday, the focus is on breakdown of the 20 years old compressor, which he claimed was last maintained 10 days ago. The lack of proper emergency response at time of incident, leakage of refrigerant and it impact on passenger safety was skipped totally!

Brilliant!!

• Praise 4

Cuz we are trained from young. Got emergency, first thing to do is wait for instructions first. Then move off orderly. Fire alarms don't work in Singapore. No one moves when they hear the fire alarm go off. I saw that happen in one office. The fire alarm went off and the shutters came down. Nobody moved. All continue doing their own stuff.

I agree with you.  It is very true.  I witnessed the same at a shopping mall too.  Nobody bothered when they heard the fire alarm.  They continued shopping until announcement was made.

Perhaps we take it for granted.

• Praise 4

Brilliant!!

I too was very disappointed with KBW's response and attitude. He seems so lenient on SMRT, smoke on train tell us to cut them some slack because the battery is old (later on an 'expert' commented that it has to do with poor maintenance), never disclose about the hairline crack tell us to cut them some slack because of 3 reasons, come on, all those are just reverse engineering reasons to retrospectively try and justify why never disclose in the first place. A pedigree politician. 

Just like Shanmugam in parliament earlier in the week (OT a bit), say that the 'overpayment' of allowances to volunteer police was a "procedural error". Firstly, I agree that the pay is very low, not disputing that. But the fact is when the overpayments were made, they were not procedural errors because the minister has not approved them yet. So essentially, Shanmugam made them become a "procedural error" after he retrospectively approved the payments. In other words, the minister can reduce the severity of a mistake retrospectively, effectively pardoning the mistake. What if it were another minister instead of Shanmugam and that minister did not hold the same view and did not want to approve the increase for whatever reason, can that minister do so? If that minister can and he indeed does not approve, then the error is then not an "administrative error", which proves the point that Shanmugam decided to make it an "administrative error". If however the minister cannot disapprove the increase, then essentially the minister is just a rubber stamper.

• Praise 6

I too was very disappointed with KBW's response and attitude. He seems so lenient on SMRT, smoke on train tell us to cut them some slack because the battery is old (later on an 'expert' commented that it has to do with poor maintenance), never disclose about the hairline crack tell us to cut them some slack because of 3 reasons, come on, all those are just reverse engineering reasons to retrospectively try and justify why never disclose in the first place. A pedigree politician. 

Just like Shanmugam in parliament earlier in the week (OT a bit), say that the 'overpayment' of allowances to volunteer police was a "procedural error". Firstly, I agree that the pay is very low, not disputing that. But the fact is when the overpayments were made, they were not procedural errors because the minister has not approved them yet. So essentially, Shanmugam made them become a "procedural error" after he retrospectively approved the payments. In other words, the minister can reduce the severity of a mistake retrospectively, effectively pardoning the mistake. What if it were another minister instead of Shanmugam and that minister did not hold the same view and did not want to approve the increase for whatever reason, can that minister do so? If that minister can and he indeed does not approve, then the error is then not an "administrative error", which proves the point that Shanmugam decided to make it an "administrative error". If however the minister cannot disapprove the increase, then essentially the minister is just a rubber stamper.

KBW is lenient on SMRT?! Maybe indirectly SMRT is under govt, so usually they would close both eyes no matter what had happened. Imagine if SMRT is under or managed by opposition party, you think he would be so lenient meh?! Lol.

• Praise 1