ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

Supercharged

"The train was being driven automatically and was travelling at 60kmh coming into Pasir Ris MRT station when it hit the two men, he said."

This is really hazardous work man, with only 0.5m of walkway with those rocks laying everywhere and train flying in at 60km/h (even with staff on the track?), a slip is very possible. Also walking in a single file, if the 1st man is tall those behind will have their vision blocked by him. Dont tell me 1 supervisor led 14 OJT men on the track to train them ah :blink:   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

This is damn sad news. It must be horrific when the event unfolded. May their departed souls rest in peace, and may the families find peace and comfort.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I also heard CCL got slight delayed due to a fault earlier and when the train comes it closes its door on commuter before the door closing announcement was made.  

yeah ... no matter who's right who's wrong ... two lives are lost ... it's very sad

This is damn sad news. It must be horrific when the event unfolded. May their departed souls rest in peace, and may the families find peace and comfort.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

My question to Desmond fxxk kuek! Have you ever tried personally walking on the track where train coming at 60km/h?

Hope you read this post. Train pulling into station, slowing down already generating such big draft. Never hear of the word domino effect. Walking on single file some more. It really show what kind of brain they are harbouring in their head. The more I read this news the more angry I get.

Edited by Kopites

Until the facts of the case are clarified, I do not think it is fair or proper to be baying for the resignation of Ministers, CEOs or anyone else.

Totally agreed

Let's refrain from commenting too much until they explain the whole thing... and do spare a thought for the families of the deceased ...

I think may be due to lack of communication!

Station control would have to be informed if any person is down checking the track, so when trains coming in will be asked to slow down. Someone sleeping.

• Praise 1

Just saw this

315obj4.jpg

Something is very wrong here. Both were new hires and on OJT, yet no supervisor around to guide them.

This is considered a high risk environment and they are so confident to let 2 newbies work on their own.

Dare not think when SIA allows those on OJT to service the aircrafts without proper supervision.

My question to Desmond fxxk kuek! Have you ever tried personally walking on the track where train coming at 60km/h?

Hope you read this post. Train pulling into station, slowing down already generating such big draft. Never hear of the word domino effect. Walking on single file some more. It really show what kind of brain they are harbouring in their head. The more I read this news the more angry I get.

Don't worry. .. they will find him a GRC spot in time. Then maybe direct minister post to ensure living standards not effected.

If we are lucky. . They may just put him in bukit batok by election. ..

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Station control would have to be informed if any person is down checking the track, so when trains coming in will be asked to slow down. Someone sleeping.

This kind of safety protocol is standard.

If you have your people walking along a track, absolutely no train is allowed to move there.

It's like if you have workers changing power lines.

Absolutely, every circuit there must be turned off before the work can begin.

Or working in a shipyard, hot work can only be allowed when all safety protocols are observed.

This is simply a breach in safety protocol, assuming there's one in SMRT.

• Praise 4

Something is very wrong here. Both were new hires and on OJT, yet no supervisor around to guide them.

This is considered a high risk environment and they are so confident to let 2 newbies work on their own.

Dare not think when SIA allows those on OJT to service the aircrafts without proper supervision.

They were not alone. The deceased were 2nd and 3rd person walking in a single file, behind their

supervisor.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

attachicon.gif1.2.jpg

why they no do this

Eh..this one they only reserve for mistakes made by opposition party members..once the MIW spots one such mistake they all pounce on it and bay for blood.... [:p]

Smrt prove me wrong if you dare.

" we will relook at the safety protocol. Safety is our utmost concern. The negligent personnel/s have been severely deal with by warning and monetary diciplined. The names shall not be reveal to protect theor family members".

The SGH, mindef (smoke grenade case). One template apply across the board.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

I don't think they were alone. The article did state they were part of a team that went down to the tracks. So there should be other technicians or supervisor around.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/smrt-accident-2-men-were-part-of-group-of-15-led-by-supervisor-and-walking

Read first.

Sad to read that 2 techs died on the track. RIP and condolences to the families.

The problem is probably the train running on automatic mode when maintenance was given a green light to go ahead. No driver in the train can pose a serious threat. But still need investigations to complete before concluding what happened.

• Praise 1

They were not alone. The deceased were 2nd and 3rd person walking in a single file, behind their

supervisor.

Regardless 2, 3 or even last. They should not be allowed onto the track.

Since young we were all taught not to stand too near the road kerb. Car might knock us down. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ok nothing much to cmoment here. Except to accept the fact and move on.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Eh..this one they only reserve for mistakes made by opposition party members..once the MIW spots one such mistake they all pounce on it and bay for blood.... [:p]

post-131345-0-75217900-1458647733.jpg

relax it still a b :D

B 4 Bull sh it [laugh]

on a very serious note

post-131345-0-85497400-1458647877.gif

the 70% has spoken [lipsrsealed]

post-131345-0-74824300-1458648044.gif

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 8