ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

exactly. i quote again:

The power was supposed to be switched off when they reached the location but unfortunately the accident happened before they actually reached the site where they were supposed to do the investigation.

so they are switching off or doing investigation?

I'm very confused as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

exactly. i quote again:

The power was supposed to be switched off when they reached the location but unfortunately the accident happened before they actually reached the site where they were supposed to do the investigation.

Put someone's life in danger before you can de-danger yourself ?

Shouldn't the switch be located in a safe zone, like a controller room ?

• Praise 1

May be Bernoulli effect.

Smrt can say part of safety training is to give "wider berth" due to the effect.

So we ask - understanding their junior positions, was this aspect of safety training specifically impressed upon them?

My apologies. I get ahead of myself in unfortunate times like these.

Turbocharged

OMFG !!! SMRT have been routinely ENDANGERING the lives of their staff  [shakehead]

0.5m width is quite narrow if you ask me, and from the pics, there were certain parts with no barriers. 

yah i saw the 0.5m-width illustration on the channel 8 news

average Singaporean man shoulder width is about 40cm?

that means they are walking only 5-10cm beside a train that is moving at 60km/h

this is quite shocking

Asked why the group was doing maintenance work while trains were operating, Mr Kuek said: "This is standard. Whenever there is a track fault, regardless if it is a revenue service or during engineering hours, we have to investigate."

Choice of words betrays his real priorities.

• Praise 2

exactly. i quote again:

I believe the switch is at the control room, only switching off the switch when the technicians reach the point is to reduce downtime to the mrt system so that all the complain kings and queen would not have to suffer long disruption in service.

I believe the switch is at the control room, only switching off the switch when the technicians reach the point is to reduce downtime to the mrt system so that all the complain kings and queen would not have to suffer long disruption in service.

so what does switching off the switch do? stop the train?

if what you said was really the case... i think kuek would have said it during the press conference to guilt-trip everyone.

The 15 men probably comprises of different teams of 4-5men, including OJT, incharge of different technical aspects of the rail be it electrical, mechanical, signal, etc. In order not to waste time all of them are mobilized to investigate what triggered the alarm. You know how sensitive ppl are to long intervals of train disruptions or delays.

Just wondering, from the pic, the junction box isn't that big, for 15 men to crowd around it, more than 1 person would have to be standing on the track area or be so far removed visually that might as well not be there unless going along for the walk on track experience.

Yes I know the accident happened before they even reached the box. Just saying.

OMFG !!! SMRT have been routinely ENDANGERING the lives of their staff [shakehead]

0.5m width is quite narrow if you ask me, and from the pics, there were certain parts with no barriers.

Maybe they thought pasir ris BTO flats can go 1.2m so this one they think 0.5m is Ok for MRT

post-157298-0-63719700-1458656797_thumb.png

• Praise 1

It is very congfusing, smoke grenade if you ask me.

Why is the frickin switch not in the station control but 150m away from the station? So if emergency and need to power down, someone have to run 150m??

yes, this is very puzzling, so have to manage that distance to power down when trains are heading your way ...

think the General should lead by example to show how it is done ... 

• Praise 3

if what you said was really the case... i think kuek would have said it during the press conference to guilt-trip everyone.

If he said that, he might as well tender his resignation straight away as well.

He would be saying that they put reduced downtime over safety.

I believe it is to stop the train for them to do whatever investigation they need as they would have to get on the track.

Reminded me the song Power of Love waahahha

Ok HR already spoken. .. pls issue letter keke

U gay gay de, kekeke

Doggie no say anything [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

yah i saw the 0.5m-width illustration on the channel 8 news

average Singaporean man shoulder width is about 40cm?

that means they are walking only 5-10cm beside a train that is moving at 60km/h

this is quite shocking

They really got to have balls of steel to walk firmly & not waver anyhow, with train traveling at this speed. Man, didn't know those guys have to work in such situation. [thumbsup] 

And condolences to the 2 [angel]

• Praise 1

May be Bernoulli effect.

Smrt can say part of safety training is to give "wider berth" due to the effect.

So we ask - understanding their junior positions, was this aspect of safety training specifically impressed upon them?

My apologies. I get ahead of myself in unfortunate times like these.

Bernoulli effect is Aerodynamics.

Heard one of the deceased staff was supposedly getting married this coming Saturday. Today is his birthday.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Choice of words betrays his real priorities.

Asked why the group was doing maintenance work while trains were operating, Mr Kuek said: "This is standard. Whenever there is a track fault, regardless if it is a revenue service or during engineering hours, we have to investigate."

It sounds like this.

SAF should allow those who's lanes that have finished live firing to go inspect the target, while other lanes are still firing.

"This is standard."

If someone gets hit by a stray bullet, it's not their problem.

It's the same meaning.

Strengthen is a mild way to put it when 2 lives are gone

Rectifying the problem is the upfront way to apologise for the mistake

• Praise 1

Heard one of the deceased staff was supposedly getting married this coming Saturday. Today is his birthday.

bro, I also read this and other info from the alternative websites. Before it can be verified, I think better to not quote from there. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1