ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

OMFG !!! SMRT have been routinely ENDANGERING the lives of their staff [shakehead]

0.5m width is quite narrow if you ask me, and from the pics, there were certain parts with no barriers.

I feel such method of inspection has the same risk as lift technician working in the lift pit with the lift still operating.

I remember when I was doing OJT and was following lift technician on how to rescue trapped lift passenger, the technician said they will never work in a lift pit if the lift car is not called to a stop, because the pit floor has little clearance, and too risky, the rule also said lift must never move during servicing.

I believe no commuters ever know that SMRT engineers routinely carry out such checks and no one would ever mind to have a longer waiting time than to put people lives at risk.

We can ask any aircraft technician if they'll ever walk behind or in front of and idling jet engine. No because rule number one says cannot. And they have a rule that protect their safety.

I keep having the impression SMRT system cannot cope already with something designed 30 years ago.

Edited by Atonchia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If this is a common term used in the company. you cant really blame him for the choice of word.

I guess we'd have to blame the company culture.

And maybe the CEO since he is in charge of forming the company culture (oops, went one round and right back at him!).

+relief :D

To think there are people dying to get in. :D

I guess we'd have to blame the company culture.

And maybe the CEO since he is in charge of forming the company culture (oops, went one round and right back at him!).

Have to see who coin that term lah. Maybe is saw. :D

I feel such method of inspection has the same risk as lift technician working in the lift pit with the lift still operating.

I remember when I was doing OJT and was following lift technician on how to rescue trapped lift passenger, the technician said they will never work in a lift pit if the lift car is not called to a stop, because the pit floor has little clearance, and too risky, the rule also said lift must never move during servicing.

I believe no commuters ever know that SMRT engineers routinely carry out such checks and no one would ever mind to have a longer waiting time than to put people lives at risk.

We can ask any aircraft technician if they'll ever walk behind or in front of and idling jet engine. No because rule number one says cannot. And they have a rule that protect their safety.

I keep having the impression SMRT system cannot cope already with something designed 30 years ago.

i hope this is true. But looking at the way some people post on facebook. there will be someone who throw shit.

Edited by Joseph22
  • Praise 1

Give it a shot to be millionaire, why not try try, see when luck runs out

• Praise 3

We can come up with all sort of speculation as how such tragedy happened. We can argue till cow (khaw looking at you) come home wanting accountability. Two sons died. Their parents must be in dstress now. No amount of words can comfort the deceased families. I don't want to rant at the government, smrt. Waste saliva.

Let everyone here take it as a learning lesson. Drive safe. Be patient on the road. Accident might be spilt second away from us on the road.

• Praise 2

No wonder every election so many new face from both opposition and ruling party :D

Not forgetting the power, authority and er others etc....refer to recent DO case

U got 5 years (4+ years to be exact) to prepare to stand for election

• Praise 9

Mrs Saw left almost 4 years ago......

So?? will you change a wording that is been used regularly by the predecessor in business context when its just a representation.

Not forgetting the power, authority and er others etc....refer to recent DO case

U got 5 years (4+ years to be exact) to prepare to stand for election

Edited by Joseph22

Hopefully it is not human mischief, cause really a mystery why the train only hit the 2nd and 3rd men while so many of them were walking along the track?

If cause was accident, one possibility was 2nd victim was close to 1st victim, with only so little side clearance.

Can get tripped over.

Enough of my wild guess.

I just hope the result of investigation will prevent such tragic incident from ever happening again.

I believe if time is not of an essence in this case, they would have travel there in a vehicle with cranelike structure to get to the incident point. This kind of walking along track looks prehistoric but the infrastructure was done 30 years ago as you said it.

Hopefully people instead of criticizing Train operators as a whole, show appreciation to these heroes who put themselves in a certain amount of risk to keep the train moving as smoothly as possible.

• Praise 1

i hope this is true. But looking at the way some people post on facebook. there will be someone who throw shit.

Probably the same person who coined the term the train "crush load" haven't been reached.
  • Praise 1

So?? will you change a wording that is been used regularly by the predecessor in business context when its just a representation.

Sure. If I were CEO, why not?

Then again, maybe that's why I ain't the CEO.

BTW, like I said, it isn't just a "representation". It's indicative of the organization culture.

Sure. If I were CEO, why not?

Then again, maybe that's why I ain't the CEO.

BTW, like I said, it isn't just a "representation". It's indicative of the organization culture.

its suppose to be money making company mah. even if we think they should be consider cost center.

Turbocharged

i'm extremely disappoint with this cow

look at what he said on his fb

self congrats and celebrates some bo liao milestone first

Q2BxexVl.jpgven

unbelievable cow.

I initially thought this was posted days before.

even putting things in context, the phrasing reflect bad judgement. And its typed, not spoken, so one has all the time to think through.

maybe its top down.

unbelievable cow.

I initially thought this was posted days before.

even putting things in context, the phrasing reflect bad judgement. And its typed, not spoken, so one has all the time to think through.

maybe its top down.

er, he is the toppest liao 

Recent events sure calls for more scrutinizing and reworking of policies, procedures and protocols.

One thing remain unchanged is the transparency and liability in the events that follows. Like the NS case, Hep C case, most info are withheld, penalties are so called dish out but with no accountability.

I wonder how much more can the people accept the “you talk, we listen” policies anymore.

Also with all these KPI and “Out – ing” mentality of outperform, outsmart, out achieve in stats boards and government organization, are we moving towards a more gracious and efficient country but at the mercy of soulless and heartless office holders or are we moving towards a heartless and soulless country at the expense of the gracious and acquiesce citizens?

↡ Advertisement