ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

Recent events sure calls for more scrutinizing and reworking of policies, procedures and protocols.

One thing remain unchanged is the transparency and liability in the events that follows. Like the NS case, Hep C case, most info are withheld, penalties are so called dish out but with no accountability.

I wonder how much more can the people accept the âyou talk, we listenâ policies anymore.

Also with all these KPI and âOut â ingâ mentality of outperform, outsmart, out achieve in stats boards and government organization, are we moving towards a more gracious and efficient country but at the mercy of soulless and heartless office holders or are we moving towards a heartless and soulless country at the expense of the gracious and acquiesce citizens?

so what kind of accountability you want to see in those case that you mention?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I feel such method of inspection has the same risk as lift technician working in the lift pit with the lift still operating.

I remember when I was doing OJT and was following lift technician on how to rescue trapped lift passenger, the technician said they will never work in a lift pit if the lift car is not called to a stop, because the pit floor has little clearance, and too risky, the rule also said lift must never move during servicing.

I believe no commuters ever know that SMRT engineers routinely carry out such checks and no one would ever mind to have a longer waiting time than to put people lives at risk.

We can ask any aircraft technician if they'll ever walk behind or in front of and idling jet engine. No because rule number one says cannot. And they have a rule that protect their safety.

I keep having the impression SMRT system cannot cope already with something designed 30 years ago.

Accidents can happen anytime anywhere in construction sites and on roads too - and of late trending is taking Selfies too . the tube in London is 150 years old so also is the subway in NY too over 100 years old and the HK MTR is slightly older than ours - it's a learning process
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

er, he is the toppest liao 

yes that's what I meant. Could be from him all the way down, bad judgement passed down

• Praise 1

I guess we'd have to blame the company culture.

And maybe the CEO since he is in charge of forming the company culture (oops, went one round and right back at him!).

Company culture take years to form, it usually stay with the oldest one if most of the employees are still around.

It will change only if the top management implement and practice something good. But in today's business how many model company that use to have good culture still maintian those good stuff, many if not all gives way to the bottom line.

Many good ones we know many years ago now kena condemns by people.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

To think there are people dying to get in. :D

Have to see who coin that term lah. Maybe is saw. :D

i hope this is true. But looking at the way some people post on facebook. there will be someone who throw shit.

The track had signalling problem. let's say Coz it's still service time, since the trains are "alive", the maintenance sop is to leave it till off service to look at it. When trains cannot move then how? No service for whole day how? Already we see Sporeans complaining like its the end of the world for a delay of 15mins...

And here we are sitting at home playing experts and judges..

Point is let's wait for the investigation to be completed. In the mean time lets keep the families of the deceased, the driver and the other 13 in our prayers and support.

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 3

unbelievable cow.

I initially thought this was posted days before.

even putting things in context, the phrasing reflect bad judgement. And its typed, not spoken, so one has all the time to think through.

maybe its top down.

It is incredulous . How can the minister be so callous as to speak in the same breath reliability performance (100 days record) and talk about the 2 deaths . Is this real? Seriously this is a sucidal misjudgment

Hey guys, can anyone tell me on which track does the trains travel on in it's daily operations? Left or right?

From the photo of the accident, it seems that the SMRT technicians/engineers were walking with their backs facing the oncoming trains.

What you think? If I remember correctly, the trains run on the left track? [confused]

OMFG !!! SMRT have been routinely ENDANGERING the lives of their staff  [shakehead]

0.5m width is quite narrow if you ask me, and from the pics, there were certain parts with no barriers. 

Seriously I look at such comments I do not know what to say. The railway tracks are built back in the 80s to 90s, maintainence crew have been in and out of it for so many years w/o mishap. In this case something must have happened out of the norm for it to cause death.

I think ppl need to relax and chill. Just wait for the detail investigation report and not blow things up for no good reason. For ppl to go OMG or get angry won't help anyone. Let ppl do their job to find out what actually happen.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Hey guys, can anyone tell me on which track does the trains travel on in it's daily operations? Left or right?

From the photo of the accident, it seems that the SMRT technicians/engineers were walking with their backs facing the oncoming trains.

What you think? If I remember correctly, the trains run on the left track? [confused]

They were walking facing the incoming train .

Company culture take years to form, it usually stay with the oldest one if most of the employees are still around.

It will change only if the top management implement and practice something good. But in today's business how many model company that use to have good culture still maintian those good stuff, many if not all gives way to the bottom line.

Many good ones we know many years ago now kena condemns by people.

101% agreed with you.

Nowadays, those so called 'high flyers' who come in into a company base on his qualification would change the culture to suit his style. 'He' will always label those donkeys years culture as "outdated". :confident:

Furthermore, once a company is listed lagi got KPI to ensure money making is above all which let to cutting corners in order to save.

One of the main culprit in a company with high flyer CEO is believing that 'one old worker wages could pay for 2 or 3 younger workers' and failing to realise that the older workers have the years of experience with them... :lll._.:  

Not say that I am selfish, I myself with years of working through trial & error learning experience will not impart my skill to the younger ones fully. They have to learn through trail & error with guidance from me, not spoon feed. :yuush: . My superior did not spoon feed me when I newly joint a company.

No matter how, those older workers should be recognised as a company asset than KPI ..   :ignoring:

• Praise 6

i'm extremely disappoint with this cow

look at what he said on his fb

self congrats and celebrates some bo liao milestone first

Q2BxexVl.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, I get the feeling that he is insinuating that if not for the 2 deaths, they would have gone beyond 150days disruption free? :lll._.:

• Praise 2

Seriously I look at such comments I do not know what to say. The railway tracks are built back in the 80s to 90s, maintainence crew have been in and out of it for so many years w/o mishap. In this case something must have happened out of the norm for it to cause death.

I think ppl need to relax and chill. Just wait for the detail investigation report and not blow things up for no good reason. For ppl to go OMG or get angry won't help anyone. Let ppl do their job to find out what actually happen.

Hmmmm.............. a sudden 'cross wind' pushes them.. [lipsrsealed]  

As stated, a group of them walking with the supervisor walking in front. The accident happen on the second & third persons. Could the 2 was playing a fool whilst walking to the 'control' box ?  

Only the fourth person and the rest behind will know.. :sick:

yah i saw the 0.5m-width illustration on the channel 8 news

average Singaporean man shoulder width is about 40cm?

that means they are walking only 5-10cm beside a train that is moving at 60km/h

this is quite shocking

I'm assuming... as I don't know their sop... that when a train approaches... you don't continue walking towards it on the walkway... but rather stand with your back to the railing and hold on to dear life while the train barrels away. In which case... the .5m width is adequate... from my memory... the tunnels on the London Tube are also narrow... so I doubt this .5m width here is unique or an anomaly for just SG.

• Praise 2

I feel such method of inspection has the same risk as lift technician working in the lift pit with the lift still operating.

I remember when I was doing OJT and was following lift technician on how to rescue trapped lift passenger, the technician said they will never work in a lift pit if the lift car is not called to a stop, because the pit floor has little clearance, and too risky, the rule also said lift must never move during servicing.

I believe no commuters ever know that SMRT engineers routinely carry out such checks and no one would ever mind to have a longer waiting time than to put people lives at risk.

We can ask any aircraft technician if they'll ever walk behind or in front of and idling jet engine. No because rule number one says cannot. And they have a rule that protect their safety.

I keep having the impression SMRT system cannot cope already with something designed 30 years ago.

I think not the main reason that the SMRT system is designed 30 years ago lor. Cause many train system around the world even much older than our system, and yet they might not have so many issues and problems that SMRT is now facing.

• Praise 1

If that was their first time on track.  Don't the supervisor warn them of the oncoming train?  

And the 4th person walking behind the 2 deceased didn't tell them that they were walking too close to the track and they should walk nearer to the railing or wall?

They are trainee, their first time, shouldn't the experienced staff in front of them and behind of them (the 1st and 4th in the row) watch out for them?

Or shouldn't they have a buddy system where at least one of the experienced staff walk behind each of the trainee in order to guide them or take care of them while on track?

• Praise 2

confusing meh?

it just mean they are suppose to reach destination. then switch off. Then proceed with maintenance. But they didnt reach on time.

The question we should be asking is, why reach liao then switch off and not before? iszi because switch off liao will become major stoppage of line due to the time it take for the staff to reach the destinated area? if so, can we accept that MRT or which ever company stop the train service everytime they want to do maintenance? if not, can they build another thread outside of the current track for them to walk instead of the current one?

I see that if  they have stopped the train service to investigate each of these sensor flagged anomaly on the track, they would not have reached the 150 disruption free days as proudly celebrated and announced by our $8/heart surgery minister.

In another words, absolute safety (disrupt train service to maintain track) gives way to relative safety (continue maintaining track at supposedly mitigated personal risk to the service crew) in the name of meeting KPI.

Sad day for public transport in Singapore.

harakiri-poster.jpg

↡ Advertisement