ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

Oh, my bad. I kept thinking there are stations beyond pasir ris.

you dont take train very often hor ?  :XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Saw this.

How can you be still walking along the path, when you see a train coming ?

The first thing to do is to stop, assuming the 1st guy is the leader and most experienced, and shift your body out of the way nearer the left and not continue walking, until the train has passed.

288tag.jpg

Agree w you... strange that the train still moving while got people on the tracks... and there were 15 of them.. surely the train driver can see this long group of people on the tracks, and he shld slow down to a crawl when approaching the station...

Also, strange out of the 15, only the 2nd and 3rd in line got hit.. the 1st supervisor what happened to him? and the 4th to 15th guys how?

like you said, natural reaction to seeing an on-coming vehicle is to siam to the side to avoid being hit, so its strange the 2 poor souls kena hit...

something just dun add up....

Scenarios

1) the train is approaching fast, no time to react and slow down = no comm to the train driver that there is a grp walking on the tracks?

2) the supervisor saw the oncoming train and jumped aside or lie prone hugging the side wall, so he didn't get hit

3) the 2nd n 3rd guy saw too late the train and cant jump aside or fell onto the tracks = kena

4) the 4th to 15th guys saw the train coming and ran back to the station...

somewhere there is a breakdown, and it cost the lives of these 2 trainees... RIP to them and condolences to their families...

I see that if they have stopped the train service to investigate each of these sensor flagged anomaly on the track, they would not have reached the 150 disruption free days as proudly celebrated and announced by our $8/heart surgery minister.

In another words, absolute safety (disrupt train service to maintain track) gives way to relative safety (continue maintaining track at supposedly mitigated personal risk to the service crew) in the name of meeting KPI.

Sad day for public transport in Singapore.

harakiri-poster.jpg

The sad thing is its fuel by u and me. Just look at this thread and Facebook around. A bit of delay only u will see so many people kpkb and want head to row. End of the day the causes of such practise are u and me.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Is partly our fault cause we always complained MRT breakdown so MP told the CEO then CEO informed the Manager then Managers told the workers "you better worker harder and check more often". Is sad that two young man just passed away because of us.

There is no excuse for safety.

Until we learn safety is above all, including time pressure to solve a problem, we continue to take unnecessary risks.

Perhaps, it's our culture:

We tends to jump into a piece of work without much planning, without a plan B.

We make mistakes and jump back out and then in again.

AMDK culture is to spend time to plan that piece of work, have a plan B, an escape route.

Then they go in once and finished a job.

101% agreed with you.

Nowadays, those so called 'high flyers' who come in into a company base on his qualification would change the culture to suit his style. 'He' will always label those donkeys years culture as "outdated". :confident:

Furthermore, once a company is listed lagi got KPI to ensure money making is above all which let to cutting corners in order to save.

One of the main culprit in a company with high flyer CEO is believing that 'one old worker wages could pay for 2 or 3 younger workers' and failing to realise that the older workers have the years of experience with them... :lll._.:

Not say that I am selfish, I myself with years of working through trial & error learning experience will not impart my skill to the younger ones fully. They have to learn through trail & error with guidance from me, not spoon feed. :yuush: . My superior did not spoon feed me when I newly joint a company.

No matter how, those older workers should be recognised as a company asset than KPI .. :ignoring:

What to do. Just look at Apple. Under Tim Cook it become a you want what i give what company. no longer a innovative company now compare to jobs era.
  • Praise 3

What to do. Just look at Apple. Under Tim Cook it become a you want what i give what company. no longer a innovative company now compare to jobs era.

As much as I admire Cook as a humanitarian and as an operations wiz... I admit that recently, Apple have dropped the ball in terms of quality of software, choices of hardware, designs, etc. The product line-up is a complete mess... 

They have lost focus... as Jobs always famously said, was needed.

Edited by ins1dious

As much as I admire Cook as a humanitarian and as an operations wiz... I admit that recently, Apple have dropped the ball in terms of quality of software, choices of hardware, designs, etc. The product line-up is a complete mess...

They have lost focus... as Jobs always famously said, was needed.

It's sad. But the good thing for Apple is jobs legacy is still working and their product are still smoother to use. But for how Long I wonder.

There is no excuse for safety.

Until we learn safety is above all, including time pressure to solve a problem, we continue to take unnecessary risks.

Perhaps, it's our culture:

We tends to jump into a piece of work without much planning, without a plan B.

We make mistakes and jump back out and then in again.

AMDK culture is to spend time to plan that piece of work, have a plan B, an escape route.

Then they go in once and finished a job.

Amdk push the safety portion to Asia Liao. That's their plan B.

Twincharged

Scenarios

1) the train is approaching fast, no time to react and slow down = no comm to the train driver that there is a grp walking on the tracks?

2) the supervisor saw the oncoming train and jumped aside or lie prone hugging the side wall, so he didn't get hit

3) the 2nd n 3rd guy saw too late the train and cant jump aside or fell onto the tracks = kena

I thought of one more scenario. Maybe the experienced ones always stop walking when there is an oncoming train. The two trainees don't know/forget then bumped into the supervisor when he stopped walking and lost their balance. The supervisor never lose his balance so never get hit. The rest behind all stopped cuz they are experienced.

Edited by Nzy

The sad thing is its fuel by u and me. Just look at this thread and Facebook around. A bit of delay only u will see so many people kpkb and want head to row. End of the day the causes of such practise are u and me.

The culture of head rolling and "hari kiri" is set by our dear leaders in white when they impose the standard on others except for themselves. Ownself check ownself. ownself forgive ownself.

Agree w you... strange that the train still moving while got people on the tracks... and there were 15 of them.. surely the train driver can see this long group of people on the tracks, and he shld slow down to a crawl when approaching the station...

Also, strange out of the 15, only the 2nd and 3rd in line got hit.. the 1st supervisor what happened to him? and the 4th to 15th guys how?

like you said, natural reaction to seeing an on-coming vehicle is to siam to the side to avoid being hit, so its strange the 2 poor souls kena hit...

something just dun add up....

Scenarios

somewhere there is a breakdown, and it cost the lives of these 2 trainees... RIP to them and condolences to their families...

IIRC, during the interview the authorities said that the train was still on autopilot during the approach to the station.

For a lay person like me, I would have thought that autopilot is all good during normal operations. But then you know that a team of service crew is making it's way towards the approaching train, the logical thing to do protocol wise is to disengage the autopilot, driver on high alert to look out for this team, train to slow down even further during the final approach.

• Praise 2

The culture of head rolling and "hari kiri" is set by our dear leaders in white when they impose the standard on others except for themselves. Ownself check ownself. ownself forgive ownself.

If u really want to say who started it. Then pap had done it as well. Remember the mp who commit sucide?? He did it.

But since wp don't do and people say okay. They follow Lor. First time they follow opposition party example leh. Opposition must be very proud.

Are you sure we are the cause?

Like that might as well blame Ong Teng Cheong for pushing for the MRT. Blame our mothers for giving birth to us otherwise we won't be able to kpkb. Blame us for even taking the MRT in the first place.

If after investigating, the SOP is found to be unsound and unsafe, then the cause and fault obviously lies with the ones who wrote and approved that SOP. Don't anyhow blame the commuters leh.

• Praise 2

IIRC, during the interview the authorities said that the train was still on autopilot during the approach to the station.

For a lay person like me, I would have thought that autopilot is all good during normal operations. But then you know that a team of service crew is making it's way towards the approaching train, the logical thing to do protocol wise is to disengage the autopilot, driver on high alert to look out for this team, train to slow down even further during the final approach.

So "Who Is At The Control Room" and "What He/She Doing At That Time" ? :yuush:

Cannot be [sleeping]  cos no BPL, UCL, Europa or WC friendlies matches the night before .... :wut:

I thought of one more scenario. Maybe the experienced ones always stop walking when there is an oncoming train. The two trainees don't know/forget then bumped into the supervisor when he stopped walking and lost their balance. The supervisor never lose his balance so never get hit. The rest behind all stopped cuz they are experienced.

Still cant imagine how the train hit the 2nd and 3rd guy while 15 of them were walking single file along the pathway?

Edited by 13177

Are you sure we are the cause?

Like that might as well blame Ong Teng Cheong for pushing for the MRT. Blame our mothers for giving birth to us otherwise we won't be able to kpkb. Blame us for even taking the MRT in the first place.

If after investigating, the SOP is found to be unsound and unsafe, then the cause and fault obviously lies with the ones who wrote and approved that SOP. Don't anyhow blame the commuters leh.

yeah after investigation. Then why u now start pointing finger Liao?
↡ Advertisement