ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

Some people say KBW's FB post is very insensitive.

I'll look on it from another perspective, he's probably trying to upkeep morale within the rank and file of SMRT, especially the maintenance and service crews.

If everyone keep ganning you "faster do your repairs, minimal downtime, safer", it isn't a good work environment lah. By all anecdotal reports, the morale in SMRT was never high in the 1st place for many years.

I think workplace safety can be improved, if the graphics is correct as shown in the news. The thai girl who got her legs amputated cos she fainted at the platform is probably a similar type of case.

The Thai girl case Is a freak accident. There is nothing much to say. Every train station do not have a wall and yet we don't see other country having the problem of people falling in to the track.
  • Praise 1

however u look at it, 0.5m is narrow bah. Not much room for error

It is indeed narrow. Since we need to give a clearance of 1 meter when over taking cyclist on the road.

however u look at it, 0.5m is narrow bah. Not much room for error

yeah. would be better if have some sort of barrier. maybe fainted ? 

Why u didn't change job??

no other company/boss would approve my flexi-schedule. Anyway, i have accepted it. so ............. 

Edited by Othello

If this graphic is correctly projected, the first man MUST be the "old bird" and he done it many times to confidently "walked" passed a whooshing train... while the "new birds" who had never come across such "safety protocol" panic and wobbled thus hit by the train...

So my theory of SOP reviews being only a paper exercise IS SUBSTANTIATED. Haiz... SUPER DUPER COMPLACENT... This kind of confident can't be passed down, it takes practice to have that level of confidence like the first man...

If you knew the train would be passing you shortly so close to you, wouldn't you stop and lean on the other side. I believe any sane people no matter how confident would not walk head on to a moving train.

Anyway, for the body to be pin under the train, most likely the hit is head on, and for the driver not to realize what he hit, the incident must have happen very last minutes.

Unless there are cctv clear enough or good account from the other crews, it will be very difficult to ascertain what happen.

• Praise 1

yeah. would be better if have some sort of barrier. maybe fainted ? 

A barrier if not made from concrete unlikely stable enough. The train rushing past in close proximity would loosen up most temporary barriers placed so close right.

Ideally of course the tracks could be made larger, but this is a constraint set by people who built this 30+ years ago.

Maybe one of the guys was pulled by the other guy doing something (fainting or panicked movement). Haiz suay lah, these guys.

no other company/boss would approve my flexi-schedule. Anyway, i have accepted it. so .............

Hmm... Did u have a pay reduction a few years ago??

Supercharged

Story telling time... moments before the train hits them...

Victim 1: Mr A, there's a train approaching... (panic)

Victim 2: Yah, Mr A THERE'S A TRAIN COMING (worried and panic)...

Mr A: Wah lau, steady lah don't worry I did this MANY MANY TIMES even since you WERE BORN. Just follow my lead...

Victim 1 & 2: But Mr A... 

Mr A: No butts... you want learn or not (angry voice)...

Minutes later... BANG!! ... (silence)

RIP young apprentices, the norm may not be normal for you... haiz... 2 lives lost for these... 1 life lost started the incident in Little India, 1 palm cut-off for the lift incident, 1 life lost for the SAF training... how many blood shed to stop our complacency...  :TT_TT:

If you knew the train would be passing you shortly so close to you, wouldn't you stop and lean on the other side. I believe any sane people no matter how confident would not walk head on to a moving train.

Anyway, for the body to be pin under the train, most likely the hit is head on, and for the driver not to realize what he hit, the incident must have happen very last minutes.

Unless there are cctv clear enough or good account from the other crews, it will be very difficult to ascertain what happen.

There should have been enough witnesses given the numbers there. At least the no.4 guy in the file should know exactly what happened.

I strongly suspect, they already know what happened exactly, but just diam diam until the funerals are over.

I mean no point in bringing up these issues when the funerals aren't even over.  [:(]

The Thai girl case Is a freak accident. There is nothing much to say. Every train station do not have a wall and yet we don't see other country having the problem of people falling in to the track.

May help people from jumping onto the train track at the stations as well. the suicide attempts.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Try Comfort Delgro, or SMRT taxi.

They got lots of taxi options

Supercharged

post-113529-0-07450500-1458711159_thumb.png

They panic as it's their first time, stepped on the stones and... well, let me leave it as it is, to me if I were walking on a railway track for the first time with a train fast approaching, I wouldn't be so calm and lean on the other side

↡ Advertisement